More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:21:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod for a new player
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod for a new player  (Read 13142 times)
BlueFish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesomemod for a new player
« on: 2010 November 30, 07:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally was able to get a new video card and get Sims 3 working. I've had the game for years, but have not been able to play it. Now I can, but I'm not sure if I can use the AM at the top of the page. If I need an older version, where can I get it? Or can I just go to the AM configuration page and take out the stuff related to expansions I don't have?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod for a new player
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 30, 07:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally was able to get a new video card and get Sims 3 working. I've had the game for years, but have not been able to play it. Now I can, but I'm not sure if I can use the AM at the top of the page. If I need an older version, where can I get it? Or can I just go to the AM configuration page and take out the stuff related to expansions I don't have?

Nope, sorry, this won't work for you. You're not allowed to play Sims 3. There was a vote and everything.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
repconn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 30, 18:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod will work with the base game. Just make sure you patch your game to the latest patch from EA first. Pescado always keeps the mod up to date so there are no earlier versions available/archived for the peasantry. Patch your game then use it!

edit: EA released a new patch for the game today. Don't use the latest AwesomeMod until Pes updates it.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 01, 01:14:15 by repconn » Logged
mistressgemini
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 01, 05:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod will work with the base game. Just make sure you patch your game to the latest patch from EA first. Pescado always keeps the mod up to date so there are no earlier versions available/archived for the peasantry. Patch your game then use it!

edit: EA released a new patch for the game today. Don't use the latest AwesomeMod until Pes updates it.

Why did you provide assistance? It is obvious the original poster made no attempt to locate the information. You are not helping if you allow them to avoid being self sufficient. The only thing you did successfully was reveal to everyone that you are a douche bag.

Quote from: jezzer
Yeah, but in order for the species to remain strong, people who are completely unable to read & comprehend detailed written instructions need to be culled. Know that as I'm playing my game with all my shiny store content intact, I am appreciative of the sacrifice you have made.
repconn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 01, 06:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mistressgemini... Sometimes I like to help folks. If you wanna be an asshole... be an asshole. I'll help folks from time to time... and be a douchebag. Thanks for your feedback!  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2010 December 01, 06:25:48 by repconn » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 01, 06:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but there's a saying: Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 01, 06:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mistressgemini... Sometimes I like to help folks. If you wanna be an asshole... be an asshole. I'll help folks from time to time... and be a douchebag. Thanks for your feedback!  Tongue

You're on the wrong website.  Perhaps you should be playing with sparkleponies on TSR or some other place that caters to speshul snowflaeks.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 01, 21:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you should be playing with sparkleponies on TSR
*Tries to hide sniggering*
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 01, 23:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you rtfm(.txt) then you would see, almost near the very top:

COMPATIBILITY:
Base: 1.17.60 & Corresponding Expansions

It's not rocket science.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 02, 06:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not rocket science.

Sure it is - a base level of intellegence is required to join in - pretty lights, loud noises and often unpleasant smells may ensue - and if you really screw up somethings going to explode.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 02, 08:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not rocket science.

Sure it is - a base level of intellegence is required to join in - pretty lights, loud noises and often unpleasant smells may ensue - and if you really screw up somethings going to explode.
In a BFBVFS?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 December 02, 14:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a BFBVFS?

Yes, yes, we can all see you've read the FAQ.  Please to be reading on to the part about LURKING MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 December 02, 15:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a BFBVFS?

Yes, yes, we can all see you've read the FAQ.  Please to be reading on to the part about LURKING MOAR.
The FAQ? Nope, I've been lurking intermittently for a year.

Think what you want though, I really don't care.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 December 02, 18:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a BFBVFS?

So, you're saying you haven't read the FAQ? Maybe not the best thing to announce. You'd think someone who'd lurked sufficiently would know that.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 December 02, 18:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a BFBVFS?

So, you're saying you haven't read the FAQ? Maybe not the best thing to announce. You'd think someone who'd lurked sufficiently would know that.
No, I read it. It's not my prime source of knowledge though, and it's quite outdated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: