More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:55:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Coffee-Flavored Coffee (aka, Hot Beverages for Traditionalists)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coffee-Flavored Coffee (aka, Hot Beverages for Traditionalists)  (Read 12956 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Coffee-Flavored Coffee (aka, Hot Beverages for Traditionalists)
« on: 2010 November 16, 23:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a mod for old fogies like me who wish to give our Sims JUST A CUP OF COFFEE DAMMIT.  (Or tea, or hot chocolate, or something similarly mundane.)  It changes the menu for the coffee maker and the choices on the tray to more traditional hot beverage fare.  Quite a few variations are included, and you can still score a cappuccino, espresso, etc. if you're lucky, but yeah...mainly just regular old coffee and tea with options for sugar, cream and the like.  A handful of "special blends" are thrown in just for fun.

The picture shows only a few of the options that the game will randomly generate.

It's based on ChannTL's More Beverages Mod, which has pretty much the opposite effect.  Seems to work fine with all three EP's.  Please report any problems.

* Ambular_CoffeeFlavoredCoffee.rar (3.52 KB - downloaded 833 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 November 17, 02:12:35 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Coffee-Flavored Coffee (aka, Hot Beverages for Traditionalists)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 17, 02:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THIS is great.  I rolled my eyes when I saw the mod for Seventyeleven Million NEW ways to be Excessive with your Not-Coffee.  But I'd love to have my sims drink things that I can find in my own kitchen.

*BAA.*

Wish I'd been smert enough to think of this myself, but in my defense I've been a bit distracted lately.

-tastes like chikin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 17, 10:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was amusing and demonstrated a clear sense of totally misplaced priorities that EA clearly invested time into creating, debugging, and translating, dozens of "coffee"-esque beverages that are all COMPLETELY INDISTINGUISHABLE in-game and sims do not honestly give a damn one way or another.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 17, 19:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was amusing and demonstrated a clear sense of totally misplaced priorities that EA clearly invested time into creating, debugging, and translating, dozens of "coffee"-esque beverages that are all COMPLETELY INDISTINGUISHABLE in-game and sims do not honestly give a damn one way or another.

Yes, it's purely flavor text (no pun intended.)  Which, on the one hand, is fairly pointless as you say, but on the other hand makes it extremely simple to change.

chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 18, 08:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's purely flavor text (no pun intended.)  Which, on the one hand, is fairly pointless as you say, but on the other hand makes it extremely simple to change.

That simplicity is exactly why I got carried away writing a mod that adds seventyeleven million flavours of coffee in the first place.  Wink I'm glad you came up with a saner alternative.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 18, 08:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's purely flavor text (no pun intended.)  Which, on the one hand, is fairly pointless as you say, but on the other hand makes it extremely simple to change.

That simplicity is exactly why I got carried away writing a mod that adds seventyeleven million flavours of coffee in the first place.  Wink I'm glad you came up with a saner alternative.

Hope you don't mind me using yours as a base!  I wouldn't even have thought of it if I hadn't seen yours.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 18, 09:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope you don't mind me using yours as a base!  I wouldn't even have thought of it if I hadn't seen yours.

BUT HONESTLY MONICA

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Clara M Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 July 20, 22:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thanks, I hated the silly drinks they have in the game, I miss the normal coffee makers they used to have, I also wish they had something other then just something sweet to eat for breakfast, all they have is waffles and pancakes, then theres the other stuff cereal, toast and jam, but I would like some eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage, or even some healthy fruit bowel would be nice, not everyone eats sweets for breakfast all the time, I mean I do like those foods sometime but not every day, hell even put in oat meal too, and a English muffin with butter, or toast and butter too, I know there were some wonderful food done by creators at Mod The Sims for the Sims 2, I wish there was some way to change the food in The Sims 3 too, the stuff they have is boring, anyway thanks again for given me something more real for my game!

DIE SIMS STORE DIE!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 July 20, 22:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thanks, I hated the silly drinks they have in the game, I miss the normal coffee makers they used to have, I also wish they had something other then just something sweet to eat for breakfast, all they have is waffles and pancakes, then theres the other stuff cereal, toast and jam, but I would like some eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage, or even some healthy fruit bowel would be nice, not everyone eats sweets for breakfast all the time, I mean I do like those foods sometime but not every day, hell even put in oat meal too, and a English muffin with butter, or toast and butter too, I know there were some wonderful food done by creators at Mod The Sims for the Sims 2, I wish there was some way to change the food in The Sims 3 too, the stuff they have is boring, anyway thanks again for given me something more real for my game!
Holy shit, Batman, throw in a fucking full stop or two.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 July 22, 21:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or even some healthy fruit bowel would be nice

...No. No it would not.
witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 July 23, 14:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fruit bowel sounds awful.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 July 23, 21:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like a more genteel euphemism for the green apple shits.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 July 25, 03:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thanks, I hated the silly drinks they have in the game...I also wish they had something other then just something sweet to eat for breakfast...waffles and pancakes...cereal, toast and jam...bowel...every day, hell...

Why are your puddings not eating spaghetti or Goopy Carbonara for breakfast like everyone else's?  All food is breakfast food.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: