More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 16:17:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAW and Installation of Revised World Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAW and Installation of Revised World Problem  (Read 5109 times)
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
CAW and Installation of Revised World Problem
« on: 2010 November 12, 04:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a new problem with CAW. I am trying to revise the world that I made last spring to add a downtown now for Late Night items. My problem is that even using a "save as" and even after renaming at least 3 times to something totally different, the game keeps telling me the new version is already installed.

The downloads section of the launcher say it is already installed. The installed section of the launcher shows only the earlier version. In my docs it shows just the earlier version.

Has anyone else had this? Does anyone know how to get the launcher to accept the new one without uninstalling the old one?

I would think that a "save as" or a rename should establish it as a different world, but the launcher does not agree with me!

-----------------
Edit: I finally went ahead and let the Download Manager update as was sick of looking at the request to update. Do you think this may be related to that update rather than CAW?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 05:40:36 by daisylee » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: CAW and Installation of Revised World Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 12, 07:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, if you are exporting a world for a second time, don't just rename it in the save as, go into add/edit description from your layers pallet and change the name there. This is what's causing this for everyone, although you rename the world when you save it, it still has the same internal name and the launcher usually says it's already installed. I have 5 versions of one world installed right now but they all have different internal names, even if it's blah1 and blah2 they will all install even though they are the same. I did it to compare different layouts, etc

From here.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 12, 08:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the link and response. I did rename the world in the edit description section as well as using the save as, but have not removed my old one, the caches, etc., so need to look into that. I am too tired to try now, but will check all the suggestions.

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 13, 06:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter what I do, even with renaming all, the launcher keeps saying I have it installed already. I finally gave up and have uninstalled my first version and then it would install.

I do have a problem with a blue wedge shape in the water that I cannot get to go away. Once I had it and was able to raise and lower the terrain to get rid of it, but now that it is back, I have tried that a few times and so far cannot get rid of it.

Any ideas as to how to nuke it will be appreciated. It shows up both in CAW and in the game.

Edit: Here are links for the pics as the other does not seem to be working.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k72/LeeDaisylee/?action=view&current=ScreenHunter_08Nov120638.jpg&&newest=1

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k72/LeeDaisylee/?action=view&current=ScreenHunter_05Nov120635.jpg&&newest=1
« Last Edit: 2010 November 13, 07:03:06 by daisylee » Logged
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 13, 13:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem with new versions from Riverview Lite (with Riverview installed). Oddly enough, new versions of Sunset Valley Lite, works fine.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 13, 14:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very interesting. It then seems that it does vary by world. I am glad it is not just me, not that it is fun for either of us.

I managed to get rid of the wedge again, for at least a while, playing with terrain elevations again.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 13, 17:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..and I think this didn't happen before. When I built my space world, a year ago, I had several versions installed, only needed different names. They did something. It's probably a conspiracy.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 13, 19:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to do it in the past also, and cannot at least with this world. And now to add icing to the cake, I cannot even upload it to the exchange as getting an error, and Mediafire stalls out!

If anyone knows how I can get this thing uploaded somewhere I would appreciate it. It is just over 80MB. I do have a high speed cable internet, so that is not the problem.

Edit: I got it to go through on Rapidshare.

« Last Edit: 2010 November 13, 22:46:13 by daisylee » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 14, 06:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..and I think this didn't happen before. When I built my space world, a year ago, I had several versions installed, only needed different names. They did something. It's probably a conspiracy.
Honestly, I've always had the problem. I've taken to backing up my dccaches and world crap before I install a new world of mine, because I always forget something when I export. Then I restore the old files and can reinstall the edited version cleanly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: