More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:17:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stolen items not showing as stolen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stolen items not showing as stolen  (Read 5908 times)
bmtphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Stolen items not showing as stolen
« on: 2010 November 16, 07:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having this issue?  Sort of hard to get the Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law achievement if nothing counts as stolen.  My Sim has around 10k worth of stolen stuff on her, but only a bit of it is actually reporting as having been stolen. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stolen items not showing as stolen
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 16, 10:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, my stuff appears to be stolen just fine. What are you stealing that isn't count as stolen?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 16, 11:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you travel some time inbetween? Because travelling removes the "stolen" label from everything that's in your inventory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 16, 12:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you travel some time inbetween? Because travelling removes the "stolen" label from everything that's in your inventory.
That's sort of how it works in real life, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 16, 12:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having this issue as well- I've noticed that the counter seems to reset when I switch households. So when the sim first steals the loot, it shows up in the ltw panel as being counted, but if I switch households and then switch back the counter is set back to zero. When I look in the family inventory at that point the stolen items are still there, and they're counted as stolen, but it no longer says where they were stolen from. Instead it says something like "big cow sign, stolen from" with no victim listed.

ETA: My sims never travel.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 16, 16:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's sort of how it works in real life, too.
That's why it's always a good idea to have a nice unsuspecting vacation home with a large basement.
Nevertheless, this whole stealing thing is indeed a bit tricky if not to say glitchy. Although I've never, consciously, observed a stolen object to not count twoards the LTW, the longer an object stays in your family inventory the higher the chances that the game will forget where they're from - no matter whether you switched households or not. But they still seem to count towards the LTW. If you're unlucky, however, you will not be able to take it out of your inventory anymore.
And I think I will have to correct my previous travelling statement. After fulfilling the LTW my kleptomaniac Sim began to travel a lot and decorated his various vacation homes with whatever he acquired during his nightly visits at his neighbours' (it's always good to cover the tracks). But even though the "stolen" flags have now been safely removed from everything in his inventory and these objects cannot be returned anymore via the mailbox, some of them still count as being stolen, judging from what the LTW plaque says.
bmtphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 16, 19:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whale crap.  I guess I'll have to experiment and see what bugs it and what doesn't.  That sucks, because this sim does a LOT of traveling, and that's her LTW.  ABANDON SIM!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 16, 19:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does your sim have both an LTW of stealing AND of travelling?

bmtphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 16, 19:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very irritating hack installed.

Actually I just worded that wrong.  She travels a lot.  Her LTW is just thieving.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 16, 23:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having this issue as well- I've noticed that the counter seems to reset when I switch households. So when the sim first steals the loot, it shows up in the ltw panel as being counted, but if I switch households and then switch back the counter is set back to zero. When I look in the family inventory at that point the stolen items are still there, and they're counted as stolen, but it no longer says where they were stolen from. Instead it says something like "big cow sign, stolen from" with no victim listed.

Hey, you know that little warning popup that goes "WARNING!  SWITCHING HOUSEHOLDS WILL RESET ALL OF YOUR WISHES!  ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?"  Have you tried reading that?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 16, 23:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter anyway, because switching households does not reset the counter.
bmtphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 16, 23:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, you know that little warning popup that goes "WARNING!  SWITCHING HOUSEHOLDS WILL RESET ALL OF YOUR WISHES!  ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?"  Have you tried reading that?

That's not what that means.  It means all the current wishes, not your progress toward your LTW.  I've changed households many times without it affecting progress toward LTW.  Shouldn't matter anyway...if the "stolen" tag wasn't bugged, then none of that would matter because your progress would still be the same as long as you still owned the items, and there's nothing saying "WARNING!  SWITCHING HOUSEHOLDS WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE ALL YOUR SHIT!"
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 17, 16:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AM so I haven't seen that warning for over a year now - and I haven't had this problem with any other LTWs, as bmtphoenix says.  Since I get bored playing without switching households,  I just stopped letting my sims have the possession LTW.  Instead I send those kleptomaniacs into a nice respectable career at the criminal warehouse, where they can get a regular income and benefits.
bmtphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 19, 08:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just not vacationing solved it.  Sort of annoying, but whatever, this is an Eaxis game, after all.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: