More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 20:18:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Interests panel randomizing constantly?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Interests panel randomizing constantly?  (Read 4972 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Interests panel randomizing constantly?
« on: 2010 November 09, 05:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims' interests are being constantly randomized. They're not being reset to their old status, they're actually being completely randomized each time. This happens constantly and I haven't found anything specific that causes it to happen. Every few minutes it will just... **poof**... randomize itself.

Yes, I already yanked all the hacks. It still did it even with no hacks. Originally I thought it might be the interestloss hack, but it isn't.

It just figures that as soon as I start playing the game again, it does its best to remind me why I had stopped playing it.  Roll Eyes

If I find out this is a "feature" of one of the newer EPs, I will murder someone at EA.

ETA: I should note that this causes lag if the panel happens to be open. It's like that stupid re-rolling portrait glitch we had once upon a time.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 09, 05:17:54 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Interests panel randomizing constantly?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 09, 05:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it first generates the interests, it normally sets a stamp on the sim indicating this has happened. Is it possible that something is preventing the game from writing save data correctly, thus causing the token to fail to take?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 09, 06:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would cause that? Nothing else seems to be wrong in this neighborhood, and it's pretty new with only about 100 sims total (playable and NPC). The other sim attributes, like skills, badges, and so on, are being saved correctly and I haven't seen them randomly change.

I guess I'll see if it happens in any other neighborhood.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 09, 06:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Palanning to bring NEFARIOUSNESS to the Pudding anytime soon?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 10, 06:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not really.

Anyway, I still haven't found any reason this is happening, but I did figure out that it's only happening in one neighborhood and only to a few sims (all playable). I figure the neighborhood is just corrupt, somehow. Good thing it was new and not very important.

Just to further document this glitch in case someone else gets it, here's a pic:

Fail.
shastakiss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 10, 21:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that happens as a non-glitch while your sim is off the lot during an alien abduction. Does knowing it might be abduction-related help? And I don't know if it would help but did you try deleting the .cache files before loading an all-mods-removed game?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: