More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:52:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Frozen Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frozen Sims  (Read 7076 times)
Bajka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Frozen Sims
« on: 2010 November 07, 16:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether this problem was already mentioned here, I didn't find such a topic. So... My sims get frozen, they don't move, they don't get hungry etc. time isn't passing BUT the trees are still moving and I can hear music and other sounds. It started after installing 'Late Night'. I thought that somewhere in the neighborhood some sims were blocked or something, so I used 'radar all' to check it.
I found something strange:
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/8085/41335316.jpg
and creepy Lips sealed
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4041/70242271.jpg

I deleted these sims with click+shift, "objects...", "delete it" (I don't have a game in english, so I have no idea how it is in english) and for about an hour the game was ok, but now again... I looked for some 'blocked' sims in my neighborhood, but this time I found nothing.
Can anyone help me? I reinstalled the whole game, I have no mods (accept the awesome mod) and it still happens to my poor sims Wink Please help.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Frozen Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 07, 16:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18813.0.html
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 07, 22:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For fuck sake.  Just because there isn't another topic called "Frozen Sims" doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed to death.  Well and truly documented and covered previously, just with a slightly different topic name.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 08, 06:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but ESL though. Cut her some slack.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 08, 15:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ESL doesn't necessarily automatically mean difficulty with English comprehension and/or inability to search.  Her ESL is better than some EFL's around here.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 08, 23:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cutting slack for ESL goes as far as spelling, grammar and punctuation, but not to announce they couldn't find the exact same problem posted anywhere else, when they go on to describe what has been discussed in a full thread.  The Neverending Pause thread is about the same problem, the game hangs, time freezes, but the music keeps playing and the trees sway, etc.

The problem is people, ESL or not, tend to announce that they couldn't find the "exact" same problem because they use the term "frozen sims" while others use various different terms, such as "Stuck Sims", "Locked Game", "Frozen Game", etc, thus making their problem unique and different, when in reality it is the same as what has been covered already.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 09, 00:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cutting slack for ESL goes as far as spelling, grammar and punctuation, but not to announce they couldn't find the exact same problem posted anywhere else, when they go on to describe what has been discussed in a full thread.  The Neverending Pause thread is about the same problem, the game hangs, time freezes, but the music keeps playing and the trees sway, etc.

The problem is people, ESL or not, tend to announce that they couldn't find the "exact" same problem because they use the term "frozen sims" while others use various different terms, such as "Stuck Sims", "Locked Game", "Frozen Game", etc, thus making their problem unique and different, when in reality it is the same as what has been covered already.

Coming up with synonyms for your problem is difficult when it's not your first language.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 09, 00:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming up with synonyms for your problem is difficult when it's not your first language.

It can be just a difficult when it is your first language.

AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 09, 00:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but this is a different problem, the pause is just a part of it.
I can see Pes already figured it out, as the awesome rabbit hole entry system is no longer an option in the config tool. I discovered this exact same problem with that option enabled with the test mod for LN. I guess EA finally improved the RH entrances? I can't tell for sure, but i think the option conflicted with the mod and gave a flagrant system error that would result in the exact situation as described in the first post. You'll have to re-load the game before the error first occured, otherwise sims will start to freeze randomly from that point on. At least, that's what i got in my case.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 09, 01:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is understandable in any language, at least to a point. It can be difficult to think of the right terms, and even when using multiple synonyms, you may not get the right thread you need sometimes, or your terms might be buried so deep it isn't clear whether or not the thread is relevant. At least this person made an attempt at searching, although it's funny that they missed the topic on the very first page.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 09, 01:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see Pes already figured it out, as the awesome rabbit hole entry system is no longer an option in the config tool. I discovered this exact same problem with that option enabled with the test mod for LN.
The system didn't survive the patching process, as EA had altered it. Since empirical experiments in the past showed it didn't provide significant benefits, and newer designed rabbitholes with more doors had made it unnecessary, it was jettisoned to reduce the maintenance overhead and finally removed from the config options.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bajka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 09, 14:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thank you for reminding me that I forgot to write in the first message that my problem is unique and different, usually I'm not so stupid. WTF? I just did not find 'Neverending Pause', I'm sooo sorry, I will punish myself today, ok?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the link, I will read this topic and maybe find a solution...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 10, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thank you for reminding me that I forgot to write in the first message that my problem is unique and different, usually I'm not so stupid. WTF? I just did not find 'Neverending Pause', I'm sooo sorry, I will punish myself today, ok?

Don't go too hard at it on your lonesome, we enjoy punishing passive-aggressive bullshit.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 10, 15:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't go too hard at it on your lonesome, we enjoy punishing passive-aggressive bullshit.

Just ask Aggie.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: