More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:05:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Lagomorph In Neon Texture Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lagomorph In Neon Texture Fix  (Read 19963 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Lagomorph In Neon Texture Fix
« on: 2010 November 06, 20:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is for the DECRAPPED file.

TaterTots asked if anyone had a non-borked Lagomorph In Neon file with working textures. Nobody did as the original file is borked. It points to the christmas wall stockings texture for some reason logical only to EA.

This file removes the stocking link so that it uses its own texture files. It also gets rid of the two extra CAST channels which didn't do anything and places it in the wall decor section instead of misc decor.

If you want proper thumbnails then you'll need to delete your ObjectThumbnails file and open up your dcdb file to manually remove the thumb in there otherwise the catalogue still shows the borked image.
Default colour seems to be red. The neon bits cannot be CASTed.

Download> http://www.4shared.com/file/TPKy7XKy/MM_NeonLagomorphFixDcrapd.html
Decker
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Lagomorph In Neon Texture Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 09, 06:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn`t seem to work for my decrappified file. The two additionial channels are removed and the category is changed to wall decor, but the texture is unchanged (still showing the ugly stockings). Any ideas?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 09, 19:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting your cache files?
Decker
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 10, 06:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the cache files and also removing everything else from the mods folder didn't help. I have also removed the Lagomorph file through the launcher, downloaded it again from another source and decrapified and installed it again. The texture still isn't fixed.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 10, 07:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to do one for the non-decrapified version?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 10, 20:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be. First I need to figure out why this works in my game but isn't doing in Decker's game.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 10, 20:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game does not working too. I have this objekt free from store. I have deinstalled them, decrapped the sims3 pack, installed. Nope. Embarrassed
Only thing I see, the texture chang in CAS in bottom of Lagomorph.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 11, 11:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not working for me either. Like Decker, object appear in double, both have the same ugly stocking texture. Best thing to do would be to share the file you used since obviously you don't use the same as us. The problem seems to lie in the fact that yours have a different catalog placement (read the stencils unlocked thread).
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 11, 11:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So people are getting duplicate entries with this? I'll take a look tonight after work.
I wondered if my messing with the dcdb file had made it function in my version but I double checked and it still includes the wrong entries so this file is correcting my install.
I'm new to all this so I'm still trying to get my head around it as I go along.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 11, 12:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, my installed Lagomorph originally appears in deco/misc, your fix adds another one in deco/wall and both have the broken texture. That's why the fix cannot work even in the override folder. I even redid the store package of that month again just to be sure to have a correct Lago installed, same result. BTW, on the stencils unlocked thread only the fixes for the original uncrappified files worked for me, same thing for HP's fix for the Explorer's bed. It's odd since I decrap everything from the store but whatever, if you redo the fix you should do both versions.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 11, 12:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I intend on doing so tonight when I try to create a working version.
I'm going to remove my DCCache and DCBackup and then install the Lagomorph again. The file I plan on using is my legit version from my Store history to try and make a legit fix file. Then I will decrap the file and try to make a fix for that after once again removing the cache files.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 11, 22:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's another attempt at a decrapped version> http://www.4shared.com/file/TEK1Aryq/MM_NeonFix.html

I haven't managed to make a non-decrapped version as I don't know how to open a non-decrapped file. If I try I just get told S3PE can't open it as it is in DBPP format instead of DBPF (or whichever way round that is).
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 11, 23:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tested it; sorry, no goes. It's exactly like the first file (double item in two different catalog placements and both with the stockings texture). Why don't you share your own lagomorph? I'll replace mine with yours and the fix could work.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 11, 23:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here is the file that I have been installing and therefore creating my 'fix' package from > http://www.4shared.com/file/aWIHTrdv/sculptureWallVegasNeonSign.html

Here's hoping it works.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 12, 11:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Menaceman,
Try this: make a package from Sims3pack with launcher or Delphys Multipackextractor. Compress this package with s3rc without to decraprapief.
I am a noob and have this JFade tool. Now I can open this package with S3PE.

Edit:
Your´s fix from post #11 works for me very fine for the decrapiefed version.  Now can you tray to make the undecrapiefed version please?  And THX.

« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 11:50:02 by Heli » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 November 12, 12:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed the lago I used was apparently completely borked, but even removing the old borked one and using yours none of the fixes work for me. I even tried by decrap your fixes to test and nada. The lago always ends up with only one channel but still has the stocking texture glued to it and recoloring only changes the background color behind the stockings drawings, like the original lago does. I'll have to wait for an original/non-decrappified version fix to test furthermore. Embarrassed
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 November 12, 13:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here we go again.
Give this file a try. This should be a NON-decrapped version. Thanks for the advice Heli.
http://www.4shared.com/file/h2JekRBS/NeonLagoNONDecrapFix.html
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 November 12, 14:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be sure that the package converting isn't to blame, I removed your lago from the packages and installed your sims3pack with the launcher after decrapifying it and retested all the fixes.
Results with fix number 1 & 2 are the same: the lago moves from deco/misc to deco/wall, has only one channel and the stockings texture still there.
Results with third and last fix: old lago still in deco/misc with its 3 channels and stockings texture. Another lago appears in deco/wall but is unselectable.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 November 12, 14:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goddamnit! I really have no idea what to try now then seeing as it is working for some people and not for others. I'll have another mess about later anyway.
Have you tried removing your DCCache and DCBackup and installing JUST the lagomorph file and seeing if the fix works? That's how I've been testing it.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 November 12, 15:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

installing JUST the lagomorph file
sorry, Menaceman, it was the error I made. You must allways test it with Hollidays set. I have now downloaded both and tested in new Downloads, Cache and Backup
folder. No holiday set, Lagomorph works fine, with Holiday installed, lagomorph texture fail. And ALLWAYS deleted Caches. It can NOT take the texture from socks, when the socks are not there.
I think is for decrappieded version too. I tested in new folder only Lagomorph and said, it works fine. Embarrassed

Maybe the failure are in the Socks?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 15:43:41 by Heli » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 November 12, 15:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I GOT IT! Holy crap it took me a load of loadings of the game to confirm. It's the christmas stocking, as soon as you have it in your game it zaps your fix! I'm currenlty redoing store pack n°7 after removing that damn stocking. Christmas stocking are way useless that this nice neon deco anyway.
Uh I see that I'm too late, Heli beat me. Tongue
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 November 12, 15:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Painkiller,
if you do not have the Socks, Lagomorph works.
I am glad to beat you after a 100 loads of the game. Tongue
But now Menaceman know more and maybe we get a good fix for it.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 November 12, 16:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol indeed Heli Grin just tried it at my 150th loading, lago alone without any fixes at all works perfectly as long as there's no stockings. D'oh. The problem is in the stockings somehow. I'll continue to merge my store monthly pack °7 without the stockings since it's the best thing to do.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 16:56:50 by Painkiller » Logged
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 November 12, 17:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am waiting for the new fix from Menaceman, I think she/he bring it about.
One thing more, is the green texture not the default?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 November 12, 18:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red brushed cotton appears to be the default colour.

Okay, so it's the stockings causing my fix to fail? That would be why I didn't know as I don't have them installed. I'll try and take a deeper look at the info included in the Lagomorph Neon file. I'm a real beginner when it comes to internal file workings so there may be something else that needs to be altered which I am not aware of.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: