More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:29:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  They like you on the BBS, JM...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They like you on the BBS, JM...:)  (Read 7814 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
They like you on the BBS, JM...:)
« on: 2005 July 29, 19:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the thread I am subscribed to, and this is one of the answers:

"Subject: Re: Protest lack of patch with your pledge!

I pledge not to buy it until there is a standalone patch. And I will not buy it until I know what bugs it contains, and they are fixed by JMPescado. :-)"

Cute...Smiley
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: They like you on the BBS, JM...:)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 20:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you have a link, gali?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 20:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course:

To view and respond to this thread on the BBS, please visit
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&hideFramework=true&threadID=2b4552bbd85d8f7aa5aeb73aa54bc694&directoryID=62

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 20:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and I like your kitten, KellyQ...Smiley
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 23:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in! I am beeridgepark1 on the bbs.

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 30, 02:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link gali (sorry I posted right before I left work and couldn't reply before now).
And thanks, that's my daughter's cat or as we call him, The Spawn of Satan  Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
PresentTense
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 30, 04:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Gali. Hopefully Maxis will take notice of this and do something about it!
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 30, 21:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be wrong but...perhaps the reason they are not worried about making patch is the fact that they will be made by players.  Why should they spend their time on it if we will.  I have some of the bugs but not all of them, however as my nieghborhoods grow and become more complex I find more.  I don't think I would enjoy the game at all if not for JM and TJ.  I personally have no intention to buy the game until its tested by other players and I have some idea of its problems.  I also hate the idea of removing the fixes just to see what they patched just to figure out what I need to put back in.  Maybe they should ship a free copy to the folks who work so hard to fix it so they can test it and let maxis know how to fix them before releasing the game to the public.  At least there would be some sort of reward for their hard work (not having to shell out money for their bugs).  Of course we will all be up shit creek if JM decides not to get the next expansion-well I will be anyway.
Consider this your one and only thank you, these things don't grow on trees.

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 30, 21:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also hate the idea of removing the fixes just to see what they patched just to figure out what I need to put back in.  Maybe they should ship a free copy to the folks who work so hard to fix it so they can test it and let maxis know how to fix them before releasing the game to the public.  At least there would be some sort of reward for their hard work (not having to shell out money for their bugs).  Of course we will all be up shit creek if JM decides not to get the next expansion-well I will be anyway.

I know what you mean humybyrd. I received Uni as a gift, but I did not install it until most of JM's fixes were Ep ready. I will do the same for the NL Ep. I suspect that JM will get the newest Ep though. You see, they have very large, fiery floor-torches, and he is already pondering the possibilities :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 30, 22:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I saw his post on the torches (after I posted this) and it left little doubt as to him getting it.  LOL can't wait to see what he does!

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 30, 22:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about me getting it. I mean, even if I decided I was not going to buy, I could just run a donation drive and make you chumps pay for it instead, complete with all of my shipping and handling costs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 30, 22:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about me getting it. I mean, even if I decided I was not going to buy, I could just run a donation drive and make you chumps pay for it instead, complete with all of my shipping and handling costs.

Although it's never a good thing to assume, I can safely assume that if it ever becomes a money problem, there'd be many willing to chip in and buy you whatever you need. That would not make us chumps though, that would make us very smart Cheesy

Let's see... Uni came complete with over 120 known bugs. Anyone up for guessing how many NL will come up with?

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 31, 00:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I wouldn't worry about me getting it. I mean, even if I decided I was not going to buy, I could just run a donation drive and make you chumps pay for it instead, complete with all of my shipping and handling costs." (JM Pescado)

I donated MTS twice (50$ and 20$), with a comment "special thanks to JM Pescado" - I just felt I wanted  to thank for the mods that saved my game.

I know that maintaing a big site costs a lot of money -  so, I am ready to donate to your site too, but you don't have PayPal option...I donate only through them...Smiley.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 31, 07:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that maintaing a big site costs a lot of money -  so, I am ready to donate to your site too, but you don't have PayPal option...I donate only through them...Smiley.
Heh, actually, at the moment, we don't have any donation option. Tongue And no, we're not really a big site, and actually, we have no operating expenses beyond DNS costs at present, which run at about $10/yr.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: