More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:54:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Does anyone make realistic skin tones in Sims 3 3 pack format?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anyone make realistic skin tones in Sims 3 3 pack format?  (Read 10471 times)
RRoseBees
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Does anyone make realistic skin tones in Sims 3 3 pack format?
« on: 2010 November 02, 00:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get some semblance to a non-barbie look to my sims.  I had to lose all my package files due to the new patch and Late night in order for my sims to interact with each other.  All my custom content via 3 pack format works fine in Late Night so I want to have some variety in my skins.  Let me know if you have any leads.  Thanks.

RRoseBees
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Does anyone make realistic skin tones in Sims 3 3 pack format?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 02, 01:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible to make skins in a sims3pack. If your packages are screwing up your game, you probably just have an out of date mod in there somewhere.
RRoseBees
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 02, 01:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So should I just start over with new mods and see if that works?  How does one know if their mod is out of date?  Sorry, I'm a real technophobe.....I'm amazed I haven't blown up my computer......LOL

RRoseBees
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 02, 02:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So should I just start over with new mods and see if that works?  How does one know if their mod is out of date?  Sorry, I'm a real technophobe.....I'm amazed I haven't blown up my computer......LOL

RRoseBees

Right. Don't start with me, sunshine, I'm in no mood.

Drop the rows of dots, stop signing your name - we can SEE who you are - and don't pull dumb blonde on MATY. Carry on like an igmo, and I'll chuck you in the clink for the night.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 02, 02:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Don't start with me, sunshine, I'm in no mood.

Drop the rows of dots, stop signing your name - we can SEE who you are - and don't pull dumb blonde on MATY. Carry on like an igmo, and I'll chuck you in the clink for the night.

LMFOA

Custom Content (CAS and build/buy stuff) generally don't/shouldn't fuck with your game. It's the out of date mods that you kept in the game post update that are putting your game on the fritz.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 02, 03:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever has gone wrong with your game has nothing to do with the format of the custom content you have and everything to do with something an out-of-date mod or dodgy custom content. You will find it significantly easier to track down any issues and manage your content if you stick to the .package format.
Tempo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 06, 01:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me it took me ages to find an outdated mod in my mess of package files. Most files work just fine look for any mods that change the way they interact. The Shimrod's "ask if single is friendly" mod is the one that was messing me up just in case you happen to have that one lying around.
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 06, 04:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So should I just start over with new mods and see if that works?  How does one know if their mod is out of date?
If a mod came out before a patch or expansion pack then it's out of date.  If a mod is updated post patch/expansion, or if there are no conflicts with the patch/expansion, a creator worth downloading from will let people know in the read me or the upload page. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: