More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:12:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Bridgeport With Cribs (And Ceilings)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bridgeport With Cribs (And Ceilings)  (Read 14714 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Bridgeport With Cribs (And Ceilings)
« on: 2010 October 31, 04:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is Bridgeport, but with cribs. There's a crib in the bigger apartment buildings and at least one (sometimes two) in each celebrity home, and one in most of the generic residential homes.

Every single floor of every single lot also has a proper ceiling now instead of the generic default cream color that completely throws off the room. What the hell is the point of putting together a house, a style, and an entire room of matching furniture if you're going to ignore the ceiling? No problem, because I was aggrivated by it enough to go fix it.

Save is at 8:02 AM on the first day. Absolutely nothing was changed or allowed to change but the cribs and ceiling tiles.

http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspot.com/2010/10/coming-soon-bridgeport-with-ceilings.html

If the download isn't there, give it a minute. It'll be uploaded soon.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Bridgeport With Cribs (And Ceilings)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 31, 04:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very cool.  I kept thinking about adding cribs to my game but it is kind of a pain in the ass.  I'm so glad you did the work for me.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 31, 04:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ceilings took way longer than the cribs, there's a surprisingly small amount of actual homes in Bridgeport, something you don't really notice until you do something like adding cribs. One of the apartments doesn't even have an actual apartment in it, it only has NPC rooms.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 31, 04:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's because the "Neighborhood Type" is "City", which means it is not intended as a neighborhood for mass-spawning of babbies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 31, 04:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would not be surprised if the game wants Bridgeport to spawn adults regularly and have as few kids as possible. I've yet to see a kid who didn't live in a proper house, so maybe the NPC-Door apartments can't even spawn kids.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 01, 09:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, ceilings were pissing me off.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 10, 01:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a problem at the Cook house in your copy of Bridgeport.....

That is with another family active and just viewing the house from outside.  If the Cook family is active, it's only visible when the 2nd floor and above is showing. It's not visible when on the main floor view.

It extends straight up past the camera view angle. and is only visible when looking at the house from the from.  It disappears when viewing from behind.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 10, 05:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you rip the original Cook family from another Bridgeport and place it there instead and re-add the cribs? Or would that still issue still show up?
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 10, 05:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you rip the original Cook family from another Bridgeport and place it there instead and re-add the cribs? Or would that still issue still show up?

That was one of my first thoughts, but I took a look at the Cook family and they have some friend/enemy relations set up and I wasn't sure what would happen to them from exporting/importing.  I'll probably give that a try though and see what happens.

I'm guessing it's most likely some game object that Claeric had in his game when doing the hood, that I don't have.  I took a quick peek at the other house in Bridgeport and they seem fine.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 10, 09:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only realized after reading this thread that I have NEVER seen a kid in Bridgeport yet younger than a teenager. And I only ever saw two or three teenagers.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 10, 14:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only realized after reading this thread that I have NEVER seen a kid in Bridgeport yet younger than a teenager. And I only ever saw two or three teenagers.

There are some. The Striker and Hemlock families both have a toddler. And there's two kids; Deirdre Littler and Jupiter Belle. There's around 6 teens, I think.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 10, 14:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some. The Striker and Hemlock families both have a toddler. And there's two kids; Deirdre Littler and Jupiter Belle. There's around 6 teens, I think.
My first time using brigeport(before using the save) I never even knew the toddlers existed, or the little kids, only the teens. Honestly I think I might install an additional non conflicting fertility mod because my town is so boring dead. Even when a club is "the hotspot" Theres never more than 3 people.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 18, 20:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a problem at the Cook house in your copy of Bridgeport.....

That is with another family active and just viewing the house from outside.  If the Cook family is active, it's only visible when the 2nd floor and above is showing. It's not visible when on the main floor view.

It extends straight up past the camera view angle. and is only visible when looking at the house from the from.  It disappears when viewing from behind.

That's odd, I get that too now that I look, but only from one tiny angle- I can't even consistently get it to show up. It's something to do with the floor tiles, an issue that seemed to show up with Ambitions. It should go away if you go at it with the sledgehammer tool.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 20, 15:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to sledgehammer it but it simply wouldn't go away so I just ripped the un-cribbed one from EAs Bridgeport and Awesome-ed the lot myself.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 24, 03:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crazy floating tiles is a risk with painting ceilings. It *just happens* sometimes, pretty randomly, and it's a fucking pain. You can find the floatiness only as certain angles, and it's amazing where it can show up. I suspect this is exactly why EA aren't in the habit of painting ceilings on their lots. It's a nice feature, but it's glitchy as heck.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: