More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:15:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Vampires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires  (Read 54671 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Vampires
« Reply #50 on: 2010 October 31, 23:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Sims, you're supposed to care about the little blighters under your command...

Says who?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 October 31, 23:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Sims, you're supposed to care about the little blighters under your command...

Says who?

Your quote is a bit lacking in context.

In the Sims, you're supposed to care about the little blighters under your command... even if you only care about them in the same way a cat cares about a mouse it's just caught, and has decided to torment before the killing blow.
(Emphasis added.)  If you don't care, it's only because EAxis failed at their job, which was to make you care.  For a lot of the forum members here, I suspect EAxis had their work cut out for them... basically, my point was, I play The Sims to enjoy being the capricious over deity of a bunch of little virtual dimwits, and I don't want competition for the title of "most dangerous thing in the Sims universe" from a bunch of NPC bloodsuckers.

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
But other than that, it's a great game.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2010 November 01, 00:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really know what would happen if I delete the
code that 3 Plasma Fruits will be added in every NPC Vampire inventory. Will he/she die, because cant get a plasma fruit to eat?
Unlikely. The low-res motive curve should prevent most such deaths. Also, that code gets smitten next update. Death to free-handouts!

Can you make this optional? I noticed the Plasma fruit bushes only give you two fruits before they die, which would make it really hard to grow a huge crop of them, unless one spent lots of time collecting seeds... or using the handy ones in ones inventory that you wish to squelch.

And you never did squelch the free-handout seeds one gets for gaining a point in gardening and those are always sub-standard. Those should go.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 November 01, 00:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give me Christopher Lee.

Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 November 01, 01:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or...

ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 November 01, 01:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or...

I may regret this...
Heh... add that to the Sims, and you'll have made it harder than I Wanna Be The Guy.

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
But other than that, it's a great game.
NVRaptor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 November 01, 02:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And somebody, please, make a proper coffin for vampires to sleep in. The current vampire bed is semi-interesting only until you make the joke from the first Ghostbusters movies, "She's interesting because she sleeps above the covers.  FOUR FEET above the covers." After that, you've pretty much got nothing.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 November 01, 06:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's multiple 'proper coffins'. Here's one set.. And here's another. Don't like either? There's even more if you are willing to actually search.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 01, 21:10:42 by Moryrie » Logged

notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 November 01, 10:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make this optional? I noticed the Plasma fruit bushes only give you two fruits before they die, which would make it really hard to grow a huge crop of them, unless one spent lots of time collecting seeds... or using the handy ones in ones inventory that you wish to squelch.

I second that.

Other than having to be friends to drink, I'd like the vampires to be left as they are. Or at least please give us options. I like the glow, I like the plasma juice, I like the plasma fruit. What I don't like is the stupid friend requirement.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 November 01, 11:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with you and insisting on free plasma fruit? Is it so hard to raid grocery store for them?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2010 November 01, 21:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually didn't know they were at the grocery store. Probably because I never check it.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 November 01, 21:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually didn't know they were at the grocery store. Probably because I never check it.
Yes, you can buy them for 30 or raid the store and get some for free. Reportedly you can get caught for stealing but I haven't so far.
Meow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 November 02, 13:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Says who?

Says Karma.

Anyhow, just a little thought: Wouldn't it be possible to implement the vamps food favorite, O+ as a trait that could be given through awesome?

Such as that, all vampires who feed off of this sim would get the "sanguine snack" moodlet, disregarding the "hunt" option. It would be nothing short of someone actually having superior blood - full time.
Though playing the predator is quite nifty; I favour the thought some sims simply TASTING better. Much like how mosquitoes suck me dry in our horribly humid summer afternoons.
Though I really could do without the latter.

Props to most of the suggestions popping up here! Presuming The Boss might, or might not integrate it into awesome, I can't wait for the results.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 November 02, 13:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyhow, just a little thought: Wouldn't it be possible to implement the vamps food favorite, O+ as a trait that could be given through awesome?

Such as that, all vampires who feed off of this sim would get the "sanguine snack" moodlet, disregarding the "hunt" option. It would be nothing short of someone actually having superior blood - full time.

No, because that's easy-ass in comparison to actually having to use the hunt option, find and befriend the prey, then lure it somewhere private to drink from (if you want to avoid public disgrace).

Did anyone else notice that garlic is making vampires sick? Loled a bit at that.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 November 02, 15:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also get sick if the feed off of someone who has the garlic breath moodlet.
altercurrent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 November 02, 16:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, that code gets smitten next update. Death to free-handouts!
Err... is no juice in fridge a part of that, my stupidity, or a bug? It's my stupidity, looked at wrong menu.

Re vamp modding in general: I understand that when you get down to it, whatever El Presidente says goes, because it's his mod made for his amusement, but I really hope he would make any vamp-related options configurable. More challenge and less T-ratedness may or may not be what everyone wants every time, especially considering wide variety  of opinion on what exactly vampire powers and weaknesses ought to be.

It would be like leaving 12-woohoo permanently on with no way to switch it off.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 02, 17:16:53 by altercurrent » Logged
Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 November 02, 17:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that big cities had 24 hour bars. There are a bunch in Los Angeles, London, New York, Seattle, etc.

Although my 6AM comment was more on a personal playstyle level, my sims may be kicked out at 4, but the other patrons tend to hang out outside after that, mine included.

California stops serving alcohol at 2AM.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 November 02, 17:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that big cities had 24 hour bars. There are a bunch in Los Angeles, London, New York, Seattle, etc.

Although my 6AM comment was more on a personal playstyle level, my sims may be kicked out at 4, but the other patrons tend to hang out outside after that, mine included.

California stops serving alcohol at 2AM.

Uh, that doesn't mean there aren't 24-hour bars there.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 November 03, 04:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my two vamps has been nauseous on and off ever since he was turned. He had a bad plasma drink in inventory, then it disappeared. (Maybe through the Hand of God). This might be why he's still getting moodlets, I don't know, I can't see any other reason for it, unless it is to do with garlic.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 November 04, 02:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had non-vampire sims randomly throwing up.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
NVRaptor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 November 04, 03:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a non-vampire sim pass out right in front of the movie cineplex.  Just fell down on the sidewalk and started sleeping.  My sim and the person she was talking with both stopped talking to turn and stare at the sleeping sim as if to say "WTF, over?"
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 November 04, 05:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What color are your vamps eyes turning? I've seen pics of red eyes but all I seem to get are a translucent blue/grey color.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2010 November 04, 05:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also get blue.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 November 04, 06:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with you and insisting on free plasma fruit? Is it so hard to raid grocery store for them?
Growing plasma fruit like any other vegetable isn't "free", it does require a certain amount of work.  And since I'm trying to grow a huge batch of them to make Vampire Nectar out of - I want Perfect quality fruits, which you can't get at the Grocery.  It's a huge pain in the neck, in a non-vampire sort of way.

-tastes like chikin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 November 04, 07:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's my stupidity, looked at wrong menu.
I was referring to the way de-selecting a sim gives it free fruit. Get your own damn fruit! This is unrelated the fridge contents issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: