More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:32:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Vampires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires  (Read 54677 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Vampires
« Reply #25 on: 2010 October 30, 22:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I believe "Plasma" was chosen in place of "Blood" because the "meat" of the blood, blood cells, is only found in blood plasma (which is 55% of the blood), and even then 91% of blood plasma is water. So it makes more sense to drink plasma than blood, because you benefit more from it for the same amount of liquid.

So they compensate for the fact that it isn't fresh from a kill by making it plasma instead of whole blood, I guess.

Though the fact that it's stored in the fridge and not microwaved or anything is silly. You'd think they'd prefer it warm. That alone is reason enough for it to give a negative moodlet.

Plasma is the part of the blood that DOESN'T include the cells, unreliavole.  Blood cells + plasma = blood.  Blood - blood cells = plasma.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 October 31, 00:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuck at a bar when 6AM rolls around? Have fun hanging out in the lobby all day, lest you die on the way home. Stuff like that.

Don't bars close at like 2-4AM in the game? (I thought it should be like 6AM, but again I have no experience with real-life bars, so maybe it's a realistic closing time)
[/offtopic]
Closing times are determined by an establishment's liquor license, which is restricted by city/county law and, in cities like Chicago, further by neighborhood aldermen. 2:00AM is a pretty common closing time around here. A few clubs I've been to around River North (Chicago neighborhood that blends with downtown) close at 3:00AM. 6:00AM...no. People generally would have an issue with loud drunk people carousing outside their door a couple hours before they are supposed to get up. Of course that's here. It's possible that other areas let bars stay open later. LA, maybe? Isn't Lindsey Lohan always leaving clubs and causing trouble at 6:00AM?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 October 31, 00:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuck at a bar when 6AM rolls around? Have fun hanging out in the lobby all day, lest you die on the way home. Stuff like that.

Don't bars close at like 2-4AM in the game? (I thought it should be like 6AM, but again I have no experience with real-life bars, so maybe it's a realistic closing time)
[/offtopic]
[IN THE USA] Closing times are determined by an establishment's liquor license, which is restricted by city/county law and, in cities like Chicago, further by neighborhood aldermen. 2:00AM is a pretty common closing time around here. A few clubs I've been to around River North (Chicago neighborhood that blends with downtown) close at 3:00AM. 6:00AM...no. People generally would have an issue with loud drunk people carousing outside their door a couple hours before they are supposed to get up. Of course that's here. It's possible that other areas let bars stay open later. LA, maybe? Isn't Lindsey Lohan always leaving clubs and causing trouble at 6:00AM?

You know, there is more to the world than just Amurika.  

As for puddingworld, 2-4am sounds pretty reasonable to me. Most places I've been to kick you out around that time. Sure, some are open later, but that's not so common, at least in my experience.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 31, 00:45:24 by soozelwoozel » Logged

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 October 31, 01:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really know what would happen if I delete the
code that 3 Plasma Fruits will be added in every NPC Vampire inventory. Will he/she die, because cant get a plasma fruit to eat?
Unlikely. The low-res motive curve should prevent most such deaths. Also, that code gets smitten next update. Death to free-handouts!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010 October 31, 01:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In QLD the closing times are between 2am and 5am. I would love a hack to modify the close times or to make a 24hr bar. How can my sims have a serious bender if they get kicked out at 2am?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 October 31, 02:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's all rumors, silly.

Sims is made in the US. They've shown in the past (hello, World Adventures) how very US-centric they are. Therefore, my comment was based on what they'd base it on.

Skadi, start earlier, go faster. Then get waffles.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 October 31, 02:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm seconding that vampires need a decent method of immorally obtaining blood; maybe their hunger meter should be filled/increased by winning a fight.  I'm also going to agree to a "tastes like fridge" moodlet for all fridge-obtained plasma, but that seems too merciful.  I'm not in charge for a variety of good reasons, but I'd throw in a statistically significant chance for something really hilarious to happen.  As a random stupid suggestion, perhaps a bad batch, one in ten or so, gives you three days to live and can only be cured by drinking the blood of a hunt target (to make that mechanic worthwhile).  Something in that vein, maybe less or more brutal depending on the whims of Pescado.  Make it a toggle-able option if you want to avoid whining from the weak, but if you do, set it to on by default as a punishment to those who fail to RTFM. 

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
But other than that, it's a great game.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 October 31, 04:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm seconding that vampires need a decent method of immorally obtaining blood; maybe their hunger meter should be filled/increased by winning a fight.  I'm also going to agree to a "tastes like fridge" moodlet for all fridge-obtained plasma, but that seems too merciful.  I'm not in charge for a variety of good reasons, but I'd throw in a statistically significant chance for something really hilarious to happen.  As a random stupid suggestion, perhaps a bad batch, one in ten or so, gives you three days to live and can only be cured by drinking the blood of a hunt target (to make that mechanic worthwhile).  Something in that vein, maybe less or more brutal depending on the whims of Pescado.  Make it a toggle-able option if you want to avoid whining from the weak, but if you do, set it to on by default as a punishment to those who fail to RTFM.

The funny thing is that Pescado has done much worse than that.  He as an option in the config file that crashes your game.  That is its only pupose.  It even tells you that it will crash your game. And yet a few people still asked why their game crashed when they enabled.  Good times, good times.

Speaking of making game mechanics worthwhile, you are able to raid the hospital to obtain blood juice boxes. But they go bad in your inventory very quickly AND (due to a bug) once they do so your vampire gets stuck with the "bad food" moodlet until you manually remove it using a cheat. Even though I dislike blood juice boxes from the fridge because they are too easy to obtain, I do like the idea of raiding them from the hospital.  But to make it a viable option the blood juice boxes need to stop going bad or at least take no longer to go bad in your inventory.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2010 October 31, 04:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There also needs to be a benefit to the ones from the hospital. Maybe a separate object with different "stats" altogether. Can't you just go to the fridge, get a juice, cancel the action, and add it to your inventory? It's the same thing. And if you immediately refrigerate the ones from the hospital, you get the same effect as just taking one from the fridge.

Is it supposed to be for emergencies? Are sims ever really that far from home that they wouldn't get home in 24 hours to get a juice from the fridge?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 October 31, 04:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The funny thing is that Pescado has done much worse than that.  He as an option in the config file that crashes your game.  That is its only pupose.  It even tells you that it will crash your game. And yet a few people still asked why their game crashed when they enabled.  Good times, good times.
I remember a user here who turned it on (why?!?), then slunk off to another unrelated forum to ask about it because they were too ashamed to ask here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 October 31, 05:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...The funny thing is that Pescado has done much worse than that.  He as an option in the config file that crashes your game.  That is its only pupose.  It even tells you that it will crash your game. And yet a few people still asked why their game crashed when they enabled.  Good times, good times...
You mean the Explode in BFBVS switch?  I remember that!  The second I saw it, I knew I had to try it.  So I backed up all my saves, turned it on, and LOLed at the results.

...Speaking of making game mechanics worthwhile, you are able to raid the hospital to obtain blood juice boxes. But they go bad in your inventory very quickly AND (due to a bug) once they do so your vampire gets stuck with the "bad food" moodlet until you manually remove it using a cheat. Even though I dislike blood juice boxes from the fridge because they are too easy to obtain, I do like the idea of raiding them from the hospital.  But to make it a viable option the blood juice boxes need to stop going bad or at least take no longer to go bad in your inventory.
There also needs to be a benefit to the ones from the hospital. Maybe a separate object with different "stats" altogether. Can't you just go to the fridge, get a juice, cancel the action, and add it to your inventory? It's the same thing. And if you immediately refrigerate the ones from the hospital, you get the same effect as just taking one from the fridge.

Is it supposed to be for emergencies? Are sims ever really that far from home that they wouldn't get home in 24 hours to get a juice from the fridge?

Another nod of agreement.  Hospital raiding is kinda useless right now, with one exception: my Crazy Hobo Vampire has no other source of blood (being a Crazy Hobo means no fridge and few friends).  Suffice it to say, I'm tired of spending so much time looting only to have my spoils... well, spoiled.

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 October 31, 11:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the Explode in BFBVS switch?  I remember that!  The second I saw it, I knew I had to try it.  So I backed up all my saves, turned it on, and LOLed at the results.
Yeah.  That's the one.  I really really wanted to press the red button.  The "Do not press" sign was so inviting, but I just didn't have the balls.

Another nod of agreement.  Hospital raiding is kinda useless right now, with one exception: my Crazy Hobo Vampire has no other source of blood (being a Crazy Hobo means no fridge and few friends).  Suffice it to say, I'm tired of spending so much time looting only to have my spoils... well, spoiled.
I was able to make it so that the vampire Juice doesn't spoil.  I also tried to make it so you couldn't get the vampire juice out of the fridge.  I did things like make it no longer available as a snack and making it so you needed level 11 cooking skills to prepare it.  I was successful in removing it as an option, but the side effect was that it also made hospital raids reset your sim back to home.  So I gave up on that part for now.  (My next and final attempt will be to make a plasma fruit a required ingredient to make the Juice which would make it so it isn't free... but if that makes you consume a plasma fruit each time you raid a juice from the hospital that won't work either)

So anyway, here is a mod that makes it so the vampire juice doesn't spoil.  It doesn't do anything else.  If you have other mods that alters the master recipe list this mod will conflict with it.  But you can modify those mods on your own by finding the vampire juice and going to <can_spoil>x</can_spoil> and just deleting the x.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iflewf2a7edu5xv/vampirejuice.package

ETA: This next mod makes it so vampire juice doesn't spoil.  It also makes it so you consume one plasma fruit when getting a vampire juice out of the fridge.  It does not charge you any plasma fruits to raid the hospital.  However, there is a slight problem in that if you don't have any plasma fruits in your inventory you can still get a vampire juice from the fridge and it doesn't cost you anything.  There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about that unfortunately.  

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzrnu093jkxyupk/vampirejuice.package

Both mods still allow you to raid the medical center to get vampire juice without costing you any plasma fruits.  Unfortunately I couldn't make a mod that allowed you to raid the medical center while also making it so you couldn't get a vampire juice from the fridge.

ETA:  This mod makes it so you can't get vampire juices from the fridge.  It also changes it so that instead of getting vampire juice from raiding the hospital, you get plasma fruits from raiding the hospital.  This is the one that does pretty much everything I wanted it to.  So, yay!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1b2m18z2vp739eb/vampirejuice.package
« Last Edit: 2010 October 31, 13:28:32 by Simius » Logged
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 October 31, 14:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. I have never played a vampire but my sim got an invite to a party from one and she went . While there the vamp kept having the hunger symbol well she died ! She turned into a pile of ashes and the death guy came and then she was a black ghost with like a red heart that was pulsing ,he took her into the elevator and all that was left was her urn. My sim and the other guests had the thing to mourn and then everyone left. The weird thing was next time my sim went to the lounge where the now dead vamp was a door person/bouncer she was there! Do they not really die? By the way she was/still is on my sims friend list although they are not friends , they dislike each other . Just curious if anyone else has seen something like this .
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 October 31, 15:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/offtopic]
[IN THE USA] Closing times are determined by an establishment's liquor license, which is restricted by city/county law and, in cities like Chicago, further by neighborhood aldermen. 2:00AM is a pretty common closing time around here. A few clubs I've been to around River North (Chicago neighborhood that blends with downtown) close at 3:00AM. 6:00AM...no. People generally would have an issue with loud drunk people carousing outside their door a couple hours before they are supposed to get up. Of course that's here. It's possible that other areas let bars stay open later. LA, maybe? Isn't Lindsey Lohan always leaving clubs and causing trouble at 6:00AM?

As for puddingworld, 2-4am sounds pretty reasonable to me. Most places I've been to kick you out around that time. Sure, some are open later, but that's not so common, at least in my experience.

But here in the bestest part of USistan, we don't have that medieval thing known as "last call." It's 4am and I wanna get my drink on, well, there's a ton o' places do do just that. Of course, we aren't normal for this country. And we may just be electing the craziest senator in, like, ever.

</derail>
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 October 31, 16:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that big cities had 24 hour bars. There are a bunch in Los Angeles, London, New York, Seattle, etc.

Although my 6AM comment was more on a personal playstyle level, my sims may be kicked out at 4, but the other patrons tend to hang out outside after that, mine included.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 October 31, 16:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although my 6AM comment was more on a personal playstyle level, my sims may be kicked out at 4, but the other patrons tend to hang out outside after that, mine included.

Sure, you can completely ignore that comment, it was just me reminded of the issue and wondering if I'm the only one surprised/not exactly pleased with it Wink
NVRaptor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 October 31, 17:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a mechanic were a vampire feeding off of another sim replenishes his thrist motive by draining the target sims hunger motive by an equal amount?  In which case an especially thirsty vampire might end up killing his meal (and possibly turning them as well) if they're not careful.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 October 31, 18:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a mechanic were a vampire feeding off of another sim replenishes his thrist motive by draining the target sims hunger motive by an equal amount?  In which case an especially thirsty vampire might end up killing his meal (and possibly turning them as well) if they're not careful.
I like this idea.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 October 31, 18:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With that, Read Mind should also have a "motives" option, so you can check to be sure (with a little math on your end) that you will or won't kill whoever you're going to drink from.

Other than that, I like it.
NVRaptor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 October 31, 18:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure there's a host of things to consider in implementing something like this.  Perhaps the ability, for player-controlleed vampires at least, to only fill themselves up to 25% or 50% thirst to lessen the risk of killing.  I like the idea of a motive check under "read mind" too. And you'd probably need to bunch of tunings for NPC vampires to keep them from systematically killing/turning the entire population of a town. Perhaps not letting them drain anyone below 25% hunger.  Or maybe giving them a small random chance of killing/turning while feeding.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2010 October 31, 19:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like to see a trait that makes sims obsess about the vampires. Or maybe apply it to, say, eccentric. Just make them autonomously ask for autographs (even for non-celeb vampires) and ask to be turned and stuff.
Tanja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 October 31, 19:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeap that is also what I want for vampires! More action, more autonomous actions and a few changes to the whole vampire life and voila
we will have a really great vampire! I am sure with a mod tuning the vampires WILL be better as they already was in Sims 2 Smiley Because in my oppinion I loved the autonomy after
the player was turned into a vampire! Suddenly all the vampires were biting other npcs!  That is something I really miss about the vampires in sims 3
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 October 31, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

+1 for MOAR death. I want my vampires to be blood thirsty animals who can kill you just like that. Also - NAY to that glow at night (though, I should be thankful they don`t sparkle -_-), and if they`re supposed to be fast when running, then I want them to be FAST WHEN RUNNING like "OMFG did you see that, NO it was so fast you couldn`t have  seen it", you know. And not some crappy, swooshy pseudo motion blur.
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 October 31, 20:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

+1 for MOAR death. I want my vampires to be blood thirsty animals who can kill you just like that.

I don't like that, really.  When I want to watch humanoids live short, brutal lives that end in agony for no good reason whatsoever, I grab seven dwarves and send their short asses to some place with a name like the Mire of Ooze.  In the Sims, you're supposed to care about the little blighters under your command... even if you only care about them in the same way a cat cares about a mouse it's just caught, and has decided to torment before the killing blow.  I don't like the idea of random murders in the Sims universe, save those that are part of my unholy will.  (My sig is mostly tongue-in-cheek.)  Also, vamps with the Wuss Good trait shouldn't be able to commit any aggressive bloodsucking, if such is implemented.
Perhaps those who willingly allow you to chow down on them should also be at less risk.  Say you can get a snack via either beating the stupid out of someone, or asking someone the old fashioned way.  The beat-down method might drain with a one-to-one ration, while a willing drain would be, say, three-to-one; three points of vamp chow for every one point of hunger the sacrifice loses.  Say the vampire doing the draining can concentrate on not harming his lunch or something.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2010 October 31, 20:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423754&goto=newpost

Someone apparently has completed a mod that adds a "Drink to Kill" option.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: