More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:44:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Weirdo Pregnancy Borking Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weirdo Pregnancy Borking Game  (Read 4473 times)
minamie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Weirdo Pregnancy Borking Game
« on: 2010 November 12, 13:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First things first: I'm still on WA, with a legit copy of both base game and expansion, using AwesomeMod plus some slider hacks.  I searched through the forum but didn't find this particular bug, but then I am kind of crap at finding things, so apologies if it's been covered somewhere.

My sim got pregnant, and when it came time to give birth, she hopped off to the hospital with hubby and commenced popping out babies.  A LOT of babies.  I got the text dialogue to name the child (a girl) and give her traits, and then a please-name-the-baby box popped up yet again.  Thinking this was possibly twins (I haven't had a birth in the game before, so I'm not sure if you get separate notifications for twins or if they're both announced right off the bat) I named this one and gave her traits.  A third box popped up, which was when I thought something might be wrong... and I went through seven babies popped before going into the command prompt for a 'fixall'.  The babies stopped, but none of them never appeared.  My sim didn't have a pregnant moodlet anymore, but she still had the pregnancy mesh and could still do pregnancy-related actions.  Both the mother and the father seemed to think the babies existed, because they had wishes to hold them, but so far as I could see they weren't anywhere to be found.

I thought it might have been a one-off bug, so I restarted the game and played through it again without letting her go to the hospital (just in case they got stuck in the rabbit hole).  No dice; the same thing happened except this time they were all boys instead of all girls.  By the seventh baby I went for a fixall, and the mother stopped giving birth, but there were no babies and she was still visibly pregnant.

So... I am at a loss.  The next step, I suppose, is to drag out all the CC and try again, but I'm betting it's not AwesomeMod doing this and I am dubious as to whether the slider hacks would have anything to do with it... so if anyone has any advice/wisdom/similar experiences/fixes, I'm all ears.  (And I just might worship you a little.)
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Weirdo Pregnancy Borking Game
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 12, 14:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is weird. Did you try using fixall before the sim gives birth?
minamie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 12, 14:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say it's pretty unnerving to have a steady stream of invisible babies.

Hmm... that's definitely an idea to try.  I've been using fixall consistently throughout the game since I end up with bad sims and crossed wires frequently, but I haven't done it before/during labor.  Next go-round I'll give it a shot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 12, 14:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Falcon punch?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 12, 23:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say either a corrupt neighbourhood, in which case you're screwed, or you have a mod conflict, or out of date mod, but you say you don't have other mods.

Just so you know, 3 babies is possible, and normal, and does happen alot, especially if the sims have the fertility reward.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Zoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 13, 04:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't suggest a fix, but I have to say that the same thing happened to me. I had a sim give birth to seven kids before she was done. Though my babies did show up. I'm pretty sure that's not normal, but I don't know the cause or how to fix it.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 13, 22:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were hoping to keep them all you could try moving the household - I've heard that will cause invisible sims to reappear.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: