More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:12:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Attempting to Unlock the other High Rise shells
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Attempting to Unlock the other High Rise shells  (Read 16373 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Attempting to Unlock the other High Rise shells
« on: 2010 October 29, 23:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using TSRW, I cannot even find the two already available in game in buydebug. Same goes for other object creation programs- none of them manage to find them with all the other objects.

They aren't in-game. They aren't in buydebug. They aren't even showing up in any of the object cloning/editing programs.

So where the hell are they? Has anyone else looked around?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Attempting to Unlock the other High Rise shells
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 30, 01:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are in CAW apparently.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 30, 01:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As placable items, or as in they're placable from edit-in-game?

I didn't realize CAW objects could be placed directly onto lots if the former, and then manipulated from on said lots. That's ridiculous. What a stupid way to do it...

Hopefully someone can figure out how to get them in-game. I cannot believe they did it this way, as if nobody would want to make their own new skyscraper lots.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 30, 02:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look in your empty houses bin in-game. They're on pre-made lots, but it's better than nothing.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 30, 04:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look in your empty houses bin in-game. They're on pre-made lots, but it's better than nothing.

Yeah the only problem is that to build your own with those items you have to use the one apartment which doesn't have a shell. All other apartments have shells which you cannot pick up or delete, and of course using the bulldozer tool on the lot get's rid of the Communal Mailbox.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 30, 14:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the only problem is that to build your own with those items you have to use the one apartment which doesn't have a shell. All other apartments have shells which you cannot pick up or delete, and of course using the bulldozer tool on the lot get's rid of the Communal Mailbox.

Is that the possessive form of "get" or a contraction of "get is"?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 16, 17:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of tar and feathers, I shall post here rather than starting a new thread. I am using the shells mod by Jynx which has unlocked the other shells. I built a beauty salon on the top floor of a building. I have the elevator from the lobby to the salon on top.

I cannot get a Sim up to the salon. I cannot even see any of the floors when the sim is there. I first added the community space marker to the lobby and salon. I then checked the Prosper Room lot to see what EA did. As far as I can see there is only the room hider at level one and the community space marker in the lobby. I have done the exact thing in my shell, but it does not work. It is zoned as a salon.

Has anyone built a business in a shell and can advise what I am doing wrong?
All help will be appreciated.

I could hear the elevator bell and saw another Sim leave the building. So, other Sims can use it, but not mine.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 16, 18:02:04 by daisylee » Logged
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 17, 02:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put a community marker blob in each and every floor's worth of elevator shaft?

-tastes like chikin
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 17, 19:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this shell the only floors that I can build on are the ground level one and the one at the penthouse level. I put one on both the first time, which did not work. I then looked to see what EA had done and only spotted one on the ground level for the Prosper Room so tried that. I still cannot get it to work.

-----

Edit: Good news. I sent a sim there today and it worked and she got a tattoo. I have no idea why it did not work before, but it does now. The game must have reset it and with the exit and restart it was fixed. Whatever the reason, I am happy and now want to start working on other shells.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 18, 00:11:03 by daisylee » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 18, 17:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably placed the elevator with moveobjects on. If the elevator is placed with it, just like with windows and doors, it might not register properly. Windows won't cut into walls, and elevators won't realize they're connected.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 18, 22:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To respond to the original post, I found the OBJD files for the remaining shells and changed the catalogue placement.  Works beautifully in my game for 23 of the 26 other shells.  I posted the modified .package to MTS and it should be up in a day or two once it gets by their moderators.

There were two others with a strange catalogue placement "preset" to Children's Wall Art, which I didn't touch for now, no real time to test.

There is another with the tag "Hero Building" that crashes the game when you set the flags to show up in game.  I think it may be beyond resurrection.

Anyways, a day or two more it will be up on MTS.  Pretty simple hack actually, surprised no one has done it already.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 18, 22:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jynx at CustomSims 3 did it already, but the file contains broken buildings, some of which cause crashes/blue lot, and some of which have incorrect LOD information and look ridiculous from too far away.

He refuses to remove them from the file or post an alternative that doesn't include them, though, on the pissy stubborn grounds that it is "in testing" and therefore it's NECESSARY to include broken data that can screw up your save file should you accidentally use the wrong building.

I'm a little annoyed by that, mostly because before he updated the page to say that some were broken, I made a whole 3 apartments, only to learn that each one had a broken LOD. And he has yet to upload the download page to warn you that some cause blue lots.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 19, 01:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll do some further testing then, but the 5 or so that I randomly tried built just fine.  I already cut 3 because of some issues, but it looks like I may need to do some more trimming or tweaking for the LOD issue.

I may also need to look into enabling the mailbox and call boxes, but I assumed they were already accessible in the debug catalogue.

*Update*

I just did a thorough testing of LOD and build issues.  Of 23 buildings I found the following:

4 in total default to their lame gray colors in map view mode, tolerable. - I'll look into the texture issue, but my belief is that they don't exist.
1 completely crapped out in map view, the basic shape was there but the textures were wocker-jawed. - Set to be eliminated.
1 was a total duplicate of another building - set to be eliminated.

I also tested elevator compatibility, building floors and walls, etc, and found no bugs this way.  I think the really nasty bugged shells were the ones I already weeded out.

* ShellUnlocker_PolecatEZ.package (8.7 KB - downloaded 241 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 November 19, 03:41:44 by PolecatEZ » Logged
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 19, 08:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree that it is ridiculous that Jynx does not offer one download with all shells and one without the borked ones. When it is known that the bad ones can ruin games, it is irresponsible to force people to get them just to have the safe ones.  As long as the borked ones are available to those testing, there is no need to force them on everyone else.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 19, 15:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jynx at CustomSims 3 did it already, but the file contains broken buildings, some of which cause crashes/blue lot, and some of which have incorrect LOD information and look ridiculous from too far away.

He refuses to remove them from the file or post an alternative that doesn't include them, though, on the pissy stubborn grounds that it is "in testing" and therefore it's NECESSARY to include broken data that can screw up your save file should you accidentally use the wrong building.

I'm a little annoyed by that, mostly because before he updated the page to say that some were broken, I made a whole 3 apartments, only to learn that each one had a broken LOD. And he has yet to upload the download page to warn you that some cause blue lots.

Maybe Jynx thinks it's as hilarious as I do that the Shouty Vole's panties are in a bunch over this.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 November 19, 15:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is irresponsible to force people to get them just to have the safe ones.  As long as the borked ones are available to those testing, there is no need to force them on everyone else.

This word "force" - it does not mean what you think it means.

No one has forced you to download anything. It may be a condition of having one thing, that you must take another, but this still does not count as 'forcing' you to download it. Take responsibility for your own actions and CHOOSE if you want something, despite the condition, or not.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 November 19, 22:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As is, where is.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 November 20, 05:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it is known that the bad ones can ruin games, it is irresponsible to force people to get them just to have the safe ones.

I don't think it's possible to force somebody else to do something over the internet. Blackmail, maybe. Does Jynx have some kind of information on you we should know about?

I sing along with elevator music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 November 20, 11:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree that it is ridiculous that Jynx does not offer one download with all shells and one without the borked ones. When it is known that the bad ones can ruin games, it is irresponsible to force people to get them just to have the safe ones.  As long as the borked ones are available to those testing, there is no need to force them on everyone else.
I dunno if it's RIDICULOUS. I mean, it IS marked "caveat emptor". Although it doesn't reflect well on his standards for quality that he releases knowingly borked shit, the recommended solution is just to avoid his dodgy, broken crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 November 21, 17:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happen to think it is patronising to "sanitise" your downloads just in case poor little sheeples can't be bothered to read any instructions and warnings you took the trouble to write.  I like to think my fellow sims players are intelligent people who can make their own decisions what they will and won't have in their game.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: