More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night - can't load any neighbourhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night - can't load any neighbourhood  (Read 8838 times)
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
Late Night - can't load any neighbourhood
« on: 2010 October 28, 15:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got carried away in this particular topic ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19367.0.html ), but I'll detail the problem here.

Right, so I installed The Sims 3 Razor version, World adventures - reloaded, Ambitions - vitality and Late Night - reloaded. Installation went perfectly, I encountered no issues. However, I first tried to play the game with my old custom content (hairs, clothes, stuff like that) and saved games in place, but the game crashed while loading one of my saves. I thought it was because of my custom content, so I deleted the Sims 3 folder in My documents, and tried to start a new game, but the game crashed yet again while loading the neighbourhood. And this doesn't happen just with Bridgeport, it happens with the other neighbourhoods as well. I reinstalled Late Night, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Late Night - can't load any neighbourhood
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 28, 21:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling everything and starting clean?

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 28, 21:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try renaming your The Sims 3 folder in your documents to something else and letting the game generate a new one. That seems to solve most loading/world loading problems, and you *should* be able to transfer your save files over.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 29, 01:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got carried away in this particular topic ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19367.0.html ), but I'll detail the problem here.

Right, so I installed The Sims 3 Razor version, World adventures - reloaded, Ambitions - vitality and Late Night - reloaded. Installation went perfectly, I encountered no issues. However, I first tried to play the game with my old custom content (hairs, clothes, stuff like that) and saved games in place, but the game crashed while loading one of my saves. I thought it was because of my custom content, so I deleted the Sims 3 folder in My documents, and tried to start a new game, but the game crashed yet again while loading the neighbourhood. And this doesn't happen just with Bridgeport, it happens with the other neighbourhoods as well. I reinstalled Late Night, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Where do you keep your mod/package files? In My Docs or in the game folder?

anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 29, 12:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I've managed to find out what was causing this. It was the crack. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, but I didn't crack Late Night, I kept the image mounted in Daemon Tools and that solved the problem. All custom content and my old saved games work again. Generally speaking, the game runs smoothly (if you ignore all the glitches).

Try renaming your The Sims 3 folder in your documents to something else and letting the game generate a new one. That seems to solve most loading/world loading problems, and you *should* be able to transfer your save files over.

Well, I didn't rename it, I blatantly deleted it (I had a backup on another drive anyway) and the game generated a new one. Still, it wouldn't work.

Where do you keep your mod/package files? In My Docs or in the game folder?

I keep them in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods, but when I was trying to get the game to work, I removed the 'The Sims 3' folder altogether.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 30, 01:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A separate crack is unnecessary when using Awesomemod.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 30, 03:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod is not compatible with Late Night. The patch version is technically still in testing, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 30, 03:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod is not compatible with Late Night. The patch version is technically still in testing, too.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg556867.html#msg556867
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 30, 07:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game still asks for a game disk when trying to run without the image mounted in Daemon tools, although I have AM, so I'm sticking to what I think.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 October 30, 08:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game still asks for a game disk when trying to run without the image mounted in Daemon tools, although I have AM, so I'm sticking to what I think.

What an admirable stance in the face of all available evidence.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 October 31, 20:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By pass the launcher and use a shortcut directly to Sims3EP03.exe found in your games install folder: The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: