More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:12:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  All my neighborhoods are empty
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: All my neighborhoods are empty  (Read 3540 times)
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
All my neighborhoods are empty
« on: 2010 October 30, 06:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Late Night on my desktop, and when I load it up I can load the neighborhoods, but they're devoid of any pregenerated sims.  The "choose a household" option isn't available.

To fix it, I first tried taking out all my mods.  Didn't work.  Uninstalled everything, wiped the registry, and reinstalled.  Didn't work.  Installed Awesomemod 2.0, just in case that did something magic to fix it.  It didn't fix it.

I know it's not a problem with the disc, since I installed it on my laptop and it runs more or less fine. (Just not as well, because my laptop's graphics aren't as beefy.)

So I'm open to suggestions.  Any ideas?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: All my neighborhoods are empty
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 30, 06:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use a reg cleaner. Advanced Uninstaller Pro worked for me. Took three failed passes at it manually with Ambitions before I resorted to the third-party uninstaller, which works as advertised.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 30, 19:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  That didn't fix it.  I ran Advanced Uninstaller Pro, cleaned the registry, uninstalled each EP, cleaned the registry after each uninstallation, cleaned the registry a final time, reinstalled the main game and the EPs.  Didn't reinstall any mods or even downloads from the sims store.  And still my neighborhoods are vacant.

Prior to using Advanced Uninstaller Pro, I'd tried using CC Cleaner, and that also didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 30, 19:48:02 by kemowery » Logged
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 30, 21:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tried copying my Electronic Arts directory from my laptop (where the game works) to my desktop.  Still no dice.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 30, 23:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but: pudding. 240 dollars worth of pudding.

(We had the 240 dollars. We had to have the pudding.)

malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 31, 02:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, i was wondering, if anyone else having a problem clicking on their sims so they can interact with other sims. Well i am. I didn't have this problem until i installed late night. Could it a hack(mod) or a bug? Help me please!!!!!  Huh

I'm a special type of breed.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 31, 02:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, i was wondering, if anyone else having a problem clicking on their sims so they can interact with other sims. Well i am. I didn't have this problem until i installed late night. Could it a hack(mod) or a bug? Help me please!!!!!  Huh

It's a feature. Late Night now employs Voice Recognition technology. Issue commands to your sims by speaking in a clear and direct fashion, i.e. "SIM. CELLPHONE. DIAL FOR SERVICES."

The technology seems to still be a bit on the buggy side, so if it balks, try raising your voice gradually while speaking directly into your screen.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: