More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:14:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259031 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #200 on: 2010 November 05, 12:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had to remove all Buzzler's mods that weren't updated for LN specifically. I can't blame all my problems on his mods, but it worked.

You say it like you're surprised.  EVERYONE should ALWAYS remove ALL mods when installing an EP or patch, putting them back only when the creator of the mod says it is ok to do so, or makes an updated version.

If they did that, they wouldn't have anything to complain about, especially the ones who blame AM because it got updated and somehow the updated version has caused their other mods to stop working.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2010 November 05, 12:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations on 666 posts Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 November 05, 22:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a bug or anything, but why is Bridgeport so horribly designed? Each town EA has given us so far has been very well done. Sunset valley was suburban paradise, Riverview was a perfectly quaint farm town, and Twinbrook did a wonderful job with the southern feel. Bridgeport feels like a rusted hulk of a city, like SimDetroit. Why are there no damn trees anywhere? Why is there practically no transition from the actual city to the "suburbs?" The entire thing feels slopped together and messy. They could have had an excellently designed downtown area if road placement wasn't effed up. It looks and plays like someone dropped some skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, and FANTASTIC job designing those clubs EA. I love watching a horde of Sims rush the elevator because you were too dense to add something as simple as a stairwell.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 November 05, 22:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations on 666 posts Smiley

Always did like that number, pity it won't last long.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
missladee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 November 06, 02:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had to remove all Buzzler's mods that weren't updated for LN specifically. I can't blame all my problems on his mods, but it worked.

You say it like you're surprised.  EVERYONE should ALWAYS remove ALL mods when installing an EP or patch, putting them back only when the creator of the mod says it is ok to do so, or makes an updated version.

Nope, not suprised at all. The game's configuration is not the same, so I knew what had to be done.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 November 06, 07:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a bug or anything, but why is Bridgeport so horribly designed? Each town EA has given us so far has been very well done. Sunset valley was suburban paradise, Riverview was a perfectly quaint farm town, and Twinbrook did a wonderful job with the southern feel. Bridgeport feels like a rusted hulk of a city, like SimDetroit.
And that's not a valid feel to recreate? Real life cities *ARE* generally horribly designed, because unlike when you're in the middle of nowhere, it's very difficult to tell the building owners you want to knock everything down and rebuild it more sensibly after people have slapped stuff down haphazardly in a poorly-planned fashion that didn't account for the fact that the road now needs an additional 14 lanes to accommodate new traffic.

Oh, and FANTASTIC job designing those clubs EA. I love watching a horde of Sims rush the elevator because you were too dense to add something as simple as a stairwell.
Yeah, I understand blatant fire safety code violations are also common in such places.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 November 06, 15:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the game generates a lot of Taxis (Some of which may even just be there for ambiance purposes) and forgets to get rid of them, or gets rid of them but they're still "there", leading to hundreds or THOUSANDS of cars being left invisible in the world.
I'm getting at least 200-300 invisible cars cleared in Riverview each day by Overwatch. There's definitely something wrong here.

Not only that, but it seems that firing a Butler makes them invisible and continue living on the lot. I kept seeing food prepared by some female butler. Upon right clicking one of the ghosts that roams the household, I discovered she was STILL in the house, completely functioning, but invisible and with no apparent desire to ever leave. She must have been there at least a week. I nuked her ass right out of the house.

Another butler quit on me, during a wedding, but he wouldn't go home. Turns out he had an infinite amount of uncancelable "Drive home" interactions lined up, although he wouldn't budge from the front door. His car had somehow vanished, which may be why he was unable to leave. He too, received a nuking.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 November 06, 15:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else noticing that sims on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion will now always choose to nap rather than bloody sleep? Worse still, if you cancel the nap action and force them to sleep, they'll insist on waking up two hours later anyway with a near-empty energy bar.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2010 November 06, 16:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can sleep or nap whenever their energy is below 200 (full).  What you'd want to do to fix that is do a quick XML edit to make it so that they can only nap when their energy is above a certain number. This should be possible because I have a mod that makes it so sims can only nap from 50-200 energy, but can't sleep until under 50. (This is how it worked in The Sims 2, sims could only nap ntil they were significantly tired, at which point they could finally sleep. Sims 3 got rid of this entirely.)

I imagine there's also a mood threshhold for napping, and you could change it to be something they can only do when barely tired.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 November 06, 19:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made the food truck parking space buyable.  http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=297.0
That's pure awesome! However it's seen as a derelict vehicule ('No driver!') by AM and is automatically FURBARed a few hours after you've put it somewhere. Sad
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 November 06, 21:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new and fancy electronic gates are a nuisance with the stylist career, probably affecting the interior design career as well. My sim just keeps dropping the 'perform job' from her queue, so I have to manually make her go to the lot and use the call box at the gate, so I can get inside. Sometimes I even get some stupid message like 'there's nobody home', or even better, 'we don't know you, please go away'. So first they ask me to do a makeover, just so they can let me stand at their gate because THEY DON'T KNOW ME. This was during the work hours.

I moved my first sims to a high rise, and so far they have never had neighbors, while every other building has. Can't remember if I plopped the building from the bin or not, but it was the only one where nobody had moved yet. Like, NOBODY. Not even npcs. The doors are correctly assigned as npc doors, so there must be something else wrong here. Maybe the whole building is bugged?
The sims I moved there also seem to freeze randomly, so I have to reset them now and again. Also the paper gets delivered outside when living in a high rise building. This was mentioned before, but it's extremely annoying. I can unset the front door (by default it's the main entrance downstairs), but I can't set it to be my apartment door.

And lastly, there's the issue with opportunities referring to commercial buildings that have been replaced in Bridgeport. I managed to complete some bistro related opportunity after I placed the Little Corsican Bistro in Bridgeport, but there's still many opportunities that need either Doo Peas or Town Hall etc. Haven't they tested this expansion at all?

All in all, minor bugs and annoyances, but STILL.  Angry

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 November 06, 22:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When playing Bridgeport I kept getting a sale message without the name of the venue given. Like "there's a sale at !". Just a space, no name. It might be the grocery store, since I believe I've seen the bookstore name show up.

It seems that every Bridgeport save eventually borks up and freezes somewhere in the third sim week of playing. I tried reviving from a save that was from one sim week earlier and it still froze when the game hit that same point in time as before. Anyone managed to play this hood for a long time without issues? (no mods other than AM)
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 November 06, 23:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that every Bridgeport save eventually borks up and freezes somewhere in the third sim week of playing. I tried reviving from a save that was from one sim week earlier and it still froze when the game hit that same point in time as before. Anyone managed to play this hood for a long time without issues? (no mods other than AM)
I'm on week 10, day 6 on Bridgeport with no crashes yet.
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 November 06, 23:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the mixologist not being on duty issue, I don't know if I fixed mine for if it was just dumb luck.  Here is what happened.  The mixologist was indeed stuck in the lobby of the Prosper Room lobby.  I engaged him in conversation for awhile.  I then turned to the other mxologist and did the same thing.  Then I went into Edit Town without saving.  I bulldozed the Prosper Room and replaced it.  When I went back, everything was in its proper place.  I had bulldozed the buildings before in an attempt to fix the problem and it never worked.  It only appeared to work after I engaged the mixologist.  Again, I am not sure if it is a solution or dumb luck.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 November 07, 03:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only major annoyance that has cropped up in my game is that when using the pattern tool to copy a scheme to another piece of furniture, the curser gets stuck here and there and moves all over the place highlighting everything but the item I want to copy the color scheme to. I've only managed to copy a few whole schemes and that was only if I held my mouth just right while I did it.  I can sometimes use one pattern and manage to drop it on an item but that is very rare. Seems to be affecting all hoods. Yes, I checked my mouse and my machine has plenty of processing power and RAM.  The only thing I haven't done is to use the LAA, as I had to use that before because of random CTD's.

Other than that, I haven't had too many problems but I only played for a few sim days.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 November 07, 07:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was finally able to play more extensively now that I replaced my broken motherboard with a much nicer one and while I was at it, I replaced the processor, RAM and went from XP to Windows 7. The first thing I noticed is how despite having much better, new hardware, Bridgeport still runs like crap. The whole city just seemed really slow and the textures were taking forever to load. I haven't tried any of the other towns yet, though. It eventually got somewhat better, but it still seemed pretty slow. I made two sims and had them go out and check out the clubs at night and they worked during the day. One was a musician (music career) and the other got a job in the acting career so both were low level celebs eventually.

Of the opportunities I kept getting, (mostly from their agents, or in the actress's case, as part of her job) a lot of them wouldn't work because they wanted the sim to go to a location that didn't exist like city hall or Doo-Peas Corporate Tower. I'd go to the equivalent, but there would be no option to complete the opportunity, so I'd have to cancel it.

The musician sim got an opportunity from her agent to dance at Aquarius for 3 hours. I sent her there, and when I tried to send her up the elevator, it would just drop from queue after a few seconds. I checked the lobby, and there were several sims all standing around, which included the bouncers and the mixologists. Apparently, none of them could get on the elevator either. I left and came back the next night, and the elevators were working again, but later I found the same issue at another club, I think Prosper Room.

My musician sim ended up dating one of the vampires, Beau Merrick. They weren't committed, just romantic interests. One day I had my sim visit him at his apartment and after my sim kissed him, Beau's 3 roommates all gathered around and acted upset like he had cheated on them and I got a message about how my sim was behaving inappropriately and would have to leave if she kept it up. I hadn't seen any sims getting jealous unless they were dating, engaged or married to the sim, but I doubted he was in a committed relationship with all of them, so I had my sim ask him if he was single, and he said he was, but after that, his roommates kicked my sim out. At this point, I decided to switch to his household to see what was going on. He's not in a relationship with any of them. They're just listed as romantic interests. So I switched back and had my other sim go from friends to romantic interest with another sim that my musician had been with and is still listed as a romantic interest with. I then had the musician in the room with the actress and the guy and she was able to kiss him and the other sim didn't get jealous at all.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 November 07, 07:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a sim disappear?  My household shows she's still there, but she's invisible and she can't do anything.  I don't know if it's because she's pregnant, or if this is just bad luck.  I've read about this happening to other people too, I'm just curious to know if anyone here is having that problem too.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 November 07, 10:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a couple of sims who would vanish and freeze briefly every few seconds, just after I installed, but resetsim cleared that up.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 November 07, 15:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After scouring the internet for about three hours last night I found a solution that did work.  Turns out I had to turn on testingcheats and teleport my sim somewhere on the lot.  So if anyone else is having this problem, hopefully this will help you.  If no one else is having it, sorry for wasting space   Cheesy
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 November 07, 16:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if it's a bug or user error, but I don't see any consistency in the rules for inviting another sim to join bands.

For example, I never seem to have the option for inviting sims who are labeled as "pianists." (Heaven forbid sims form a band with someone with actually knows how to play an instrument.) Has anyone else succeeded there?

More surprising was today's interaction with Elvira Slayer. When my sim approached her, they were friendly acquaintances (31.7, as I recall), and my sim had the option of inviting her to join her band. I decided to wait until they became friends, but after reaching that point, I found that the option was gone.

Any ideas why this option comes and goes?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 November 07, 18:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something really weird happened while playing last night. For whatever reason, the game found it to be a good idea to push upwards of 70 sims to Aquarius. There were about 20 there when I showed up and went upstairs, which I quickly learned was a mistake. After awhile all these sims were outside, in the doorway and lobby. The sound of 70 sims yelling about hunger, energy, hygiene, disgusting sim was enough but then a vampire showed up so they all started vomiting. I had piss puddles for blocks around Bridgeport. Shortly after my PC sounded like it was choking to death and the clock stopped moving as did daylight, just the sims kept yelling. Then they all started dying but no grim reaper came. I couldn't get my sim to do anything and the elevator stopped responding so I was stuck. Eventually I had him teleport down the street after which made the clock unlock (it jumped 2 days ahead) and story progression started working again but the game was extremely laggy and I noticed sim pictures were generating as squiggly lines. I quit to main menu but the interface and background was missing so it was all black with icons. I just quit the game entirely because my PC was having a stroke. Meltdown 101, EA style. Point being, don't wish more sims in clubs, it's not healthy.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 November 07, 20:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running base+LN for a while now, no AwesomeMod, and have noticed very few problems beyond the routing and opportunity issues noted above.  This non-default skintone thing worries me, though.  The first culprit seems to have been Rez Delnava's mod, quite understandably since it needs to be updated.  Having removed that, as noted in that MTS thread, I can still use my non-default skintones by scrolling through them with the mouse wheel.  The next problem, as noted both here and at MTS, is that non-default skintones break the muscle definition slider for male Sims.  I haven't checked yet whether they also break the breast size slider on female Sims, as my test Sims are all male at the moment.  I am guessing not, since while I am no modding expert, it seems to me that the muscle definition slider adds an overlay, while the breast size one actually changes the mesh.  I think Claeric has commented on this previously.

This is of concern to me because while many over at MTS are complaining that Rez Delnava's mod broke the muscle definition slider, it seems to me that his mod is exactly what is not the problem.  It can't be, since this slider still only works on the default (replacement) skintone even with his mod removed.  The problem seems to lie in non-default skintones themselves.  Conversely, even if/when Rez Delnava updates his mod, I am pretty sure this will not fix the problem.  Unless somehow he can include something in it that forces the game to apply the muscle definition overlay regardless of whether the skintone is a default replacement or a non-default.  My fear is that all non-default skintones will need to be remade for LN somehow, in order to work with the muscle definition slider -- but I really hope I'm wrong.

Another thing I've noticed is that I haven't seen any Sims yet who vomit at the sight of a vampire.  This is true for both my Sims and NPCs -- my Sims usually get the Hunted moodlet, but that's about it.  I wonder whether this is caused by something in an EP or SP that I don't have installed?  I'll keep watching since I'm running my test household in an emptied Bridgeport.  I am curious as to whether the majority of spawned female Sims will have huge boobs, since like someone else noted earlier, I definitely saw that in the default Bridgeport too.  (EDIT:  I misunderstood on the vomiting issue, see below.  Also, "yes" on the big boobs issue.)

In the meantime, experimentation continues.  It bothers me no end that I cannot have a band with a vocalist, since I've had a four-person band waiting in the bin for months for LN to be released.  I also can't stand that there can be no more than four Sims in the band -- I'm not a big expert on rock music, but I'm pretty certain that it's common for a band to have two guitarists.  Granted, these are annoyances rather than bugs.  I do hope, though, that a future SP or EP will enable vocalists.  (Which will require new songs, all of which can be sung by a male or female Sim with any of the three voice types, etc.)
« Last Edit: 2010 November 08, 04:57:22 by jwaas » Logged
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 November 07, 20:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read somewhere that the vomiting is not vampire-induced, but rather, when Sims eat from the food truck there is a chance that a mass of them will get food poisoning. Considering I have not seen Sims having a vomitfest outside of Bridgeport, I'm assuming that's what it is.

ETA: I'm also getting the jealousy-type thing for Sims who aren't even romantic interests of people who flirt at a party. My Sim has lost friends twice because of a Sim FRIEND who flirted with someone else, causing a relationship hit for EVERYONE at the party. Granted, the Sim was flirting with someone outside of his/her marriage, but what should the other Sims care?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 07, 20:36:17 by immortelleMuse » Logged

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 November 08, 01:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if it's a bug or user error, but I don't see any consistency in the rules for inviting another sim to join bands.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that sometimes, once you have a higher relationship with a sim, the band invitation moves under the "Friendly" interactions list, rather than being in the main list.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2010 November 08, 02:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why, but it seems that sometimes, once you have a higher relationship with a sim, the band invitation moves under the "Friendly" interactions list, rather than being in the main list.

Because if you're friends with someone and don't want them in your band, it'd be obnoxious if the option was always on the main first-click menu. With strangers, it doesn't matter, and might be the option you're clicking on them for in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: