More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:32:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259024 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #175 on: 2010 November 03, 18:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made the food truck parking space buyable.  http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=297.0

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 November 03, 18:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just a symptom of my general game borkage, or has anyone else tried to hire a butler, only to have them get stuck or disappear after something like a day? If you reset them, they implode, completely disappearing from the game. I can't seem to make a new one show up either. Bah. I liked the idea of having a house slave I didn't have to control.

I actually had this happen to me too. Since the butler still existed, I couldn't cancel the services. What I ended up doing was using Twallan's MasterController on a computer to "focus" on the butler hoping she was still in the world. Sure enough, she was in somebody else's house making PB&J's. So I sent my sim over and dismissed her, and then called for new butler. It ended up being the exact same butler, but it's been a few sim weeks now and she's still at the house so I guess that's a good thing.

So, if you don't have the MasterController maybe scan your neighborhood to see if they're still around town. I actually didn't think of using resetsim, but now I know what might have happened if I did.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 November 03, 19:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made the food truck parking space buyable.  http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=297.0

Words cannot describe my sheer joy at this.

Although I'm intrigued that it apparently doesn't work outside of Bridgeport. Is the actual truck one of the effects of the speshul "City" field that Bridgeport is marked with?
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 November 03, 19:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the impression this was why EA disabled this parking space. They would've been bombarded with sheep on the BBS complaining that the food truck space wasn't doing anything in a non-Late Night hood.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 November 03, 20:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the impression this was why EA disabled this parking space. They would've been bombarded with sheep on the BBS complaining that the food truck space wasn't doing anything in a non-Late Night hood.

I can't even get the darn truck to work in EA's late night hood so what's the difference?  I see it driving around sometimes, but I have NEVER seen it parked.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 November 03, 20:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any progress on making the building shells and apartment mailboxes buyable?

As for the truck - the theory with the magic city icon could only be proven if somebody made a custom city type neighborhood. I'm sick of CAW throwing up on me with its bugginess, so I'm not volunteering here.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 November 03, 20:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any progress on making the building shells and apartment mailboxes buyable?

As for the truck - the theory with the magic city icon could only be proven if somebody made a custom city type neighborhood. I'm sick of CAW throwing up on me with its bugginess, so I'm not volunteering here.

Have you tried searching the site?  The thread is called Building Your Own Apartments: Late Night. Have a read through that,you might just find what you are after.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 November 03, 20:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried searching the site?  The thread is called Building Your Own Apartments: Late Night. Have a read through that,you might just find what you are after.

My bad. I mostly just read trouble-shooting stuff, and skip the strategies forum altogether.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 November 03, 21:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably have plenty of bugs and CC incompatibilities, but I'd be annoyed with LN anyway. There was no cheat added to build higher than the standard maximum number of floors (the high-rising buildings are just aesthetic tricks) and the apartment "system" is totally half-arsed. These are things that probably won't be fixed in any future expansion packs, so so much for hoping that time would turn TS3 into something that's not a corner-cutting disappointment.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2010 November 03, 22:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out a surefire fix to the slow and jerkiness bridgeport seems to get over time? I know about overwatch and the cars, but that doesn't quite cut it. It's still jerky, way more than anywhere else, after a while.
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 November 04, 00:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out or solved the mixologist not being on duty problem? I know that, apparently, the mixologist is "stuck" downstairs (in Prosper Lounge) by the elevator.  Does anyone how to prevent this problem or solve it?
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 November 04, 00:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out or solved the mixologist not being on duty problem? I know that, apparently, the mixologist is "stuck" downstairs (in Prosper Lounge) by the elevator.  Does anyone how to prevent this problem or solve it?

Have you tried engaging the mixologist in a conversation and then ending it?  Whenever my mixologists leave their station normal dialogue options pop up.  I socialize with them for awhile and then end the conversation.  After the conversation is over they wander back to their station. 
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 November 04, 00:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad. I mostly just read trouble-shooting stuff, and skip the strategies forum altogether.

No problem. Sometimes it takes a while to get to what you want in some threads,as people tend to post about other problems they have.  Cheesy
missladee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 November 04, 01:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to buy any non-rabbit-hole lots.

I also had this problem. It is some sort of CC installed in the game that causes this problem. When I loaded the game without my CC and mods, all the lots show up properly. They work fine for purchase. When I reinstall the CC, some of my rabbithole lots are missing, and the clubs and venue lots have no name. They are just called community lots and in the Edit Town screen, the lot type is set to No Visitors Allowed. I would suggest actually doing the work to remove the bad CC because I didn't. I simply deleted the nameless ones and reinstalled them from the bin. Not the best solution but I've weaved through my mods with no luck finding the bad file. Doesn't show up in Dashboard either (but I presume it's not updated for LN).
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 November 04, 02:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine doesn't even show up to the lot. Neither does the bouncer. Sometimes they do in certain clubs, other ones they don't.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 November 04, 02:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out a surefire fix to the slow and jerkiness bridgeport seems to get over time? I know about overwatch and the cars, but that doesn't quite cut it. It's still jerky, way more than anywhere else, after a while.

This is a problem I'm noticing as well. I recently doubled my RAM and other worlds play fine, yet Bridgeport just gets worse the more I play it.

I sing along with elevator music.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: 2010 November 04, 02:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had this problem. It is some sort of CC installed in the game that causes this problem. When I loaded the game without my CC and mods, all the lots show up properly. They work fine for purchase. When I reinstall the CC, some of my rabbithole lots are missing, and the clubs and venue lots have no name. They are just called community lots and in the Edit Town screen, the lot type is set to No Visitors Allowed. I would suggest actually doing the work to remove the bad CC because I didn't. I simply deleted the nameless ones and reinstalled them from the bin. Not the best solution but I've weaved through my mods with no luck finding the bad file. Doesn't show up in Dashboard either (but I presume it's not updated for LN).

I really don't have that much CC, and I've been careful about only having updated mods installed. But thanks for the tip. I'll try poking around and see if I can find what precisely is causing it.

Edit: It's Buzzler's scribbling pad. Even the newest edition.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 04, 05:07:41 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 November 04, 08:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built my own apartments and changed the colour of the lights in the elevators,and now when I play all the lights are blue.

I have tried changing the lights in the elevators back,but it wont let me.  I might have to delete the pre made ones in game and place my own to see if that fixes it.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 November 04, 10:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of lights, has anyone else noticed that if you change a light to black light, and then delete it, the effect remains?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 November 04, 15:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of lights, has anyone else noticed that if you change a light to black light, and then delete it, the effect remains?
Yes.... luckily the only room I had black lights was my bar.

Another bug I found is that I can't serve drinks while moonlighting. Which is a pain because I'm at mixology skill level 10, but my skill journal says I only served one sim. Undecided
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 November 04, 20:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does seem to be a bug with genetics.

Sim 1 impregnated Sim 2. The next day, Sim 1 was bitten by a vampire. Just a few hours before Sim 2 went into labor, Sim 1 metamorphosed into a vampire. Now, in the relationship tab, the baby's portrait has the border that indicates a vampire. This should not happen.
missladee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 November 04, 20:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't have that much CC, and I've been careful about only having updated mods installed. But thanks for the tip. I'll try poking around and see if I can find what precisely is causing it.

Edit: It's Buzzler's scribbling pad. Even the newest edition.

I actually had to remove all Buzzler's mods that weren't updated for LN specifically. I can't blame all my problems on his mods, but it worked.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 November 04, 20:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does seem to be a bug with genetics.

Sim 1 impregnated Sim 2. The next day, Sim 1 was bitten by a vampire. Just a few hours before Sim 2 went into labor, Sim 1 metamorphosed into a vampire. Now, in the relationship tab, the baby's portrait has the border that indicates a vampire. This should not happen.
News flash - sims 3 genetics suck. That's nothing new, there's been adopted children passing their adoptive parents' genes, sims inheriting dyed hair color, even hairstyles. Since the game has no way of distinguishing what is inborn and what is acquired and it generates the new sims's look, traits etc. (except for sex) at birth, this is exactly what was expected to happen.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 04, 21:45:35 by bloodredtoe » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 November 04, 20:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that doesn't exactly excuse the baby morphing into a different species in the womb just because its mom turned into a vampire *after* conception.
Read it again slowly, notice the subtle differences between the number '1' and the number '2':
Sim 1 impregnated Sim 2. Just a few hours before Sim 2 went into labor, Sim 1 metamorphosed into a vampire.
It's worse, it's the dad that was changed into a vampire.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2010 November 05, 11:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had to remove all Buzzler's mods that weren't updated for LN specifically. I can't blame all my problems on his mods, but it worked.

You say it like you're surprised.  EVERYONE should ALWAYS remove ALL mods when installing an EP or patch, putting them back only when the creator of the mod says it is ok to do so, or makes an updated version.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: