More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:26:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 260162 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #150 on: 2010 November 01, 23:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome Wagons weren't re-programed to work with shells. The welcome wagon is an invitable group of sims, but shells don't work with those- when a sim visits a shell high rise, they ask to be "buzzed in", and the "invite inside" option just plain isn't there. So it's not that "invite inside" doesn't work, but that the welcome wagon is busted when it comes to shells.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2010 November 02, 00:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see Welcome Wagons squelched.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 November 02, 00:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. The welcome wagon worked for me. My sim got the phone call and I got a question in that message box on the top right of the screen asking whether or not I wanted to buzz in the visitors. I clicked on Buzz In (the other option was Ignore, I think), and the visitors were able to enter the building.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 November 02, 02:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After killing the process from the freeze and restarting from before the welcome wagon came the first time, this time the first visitor rang the active sim on her phone and she was able to buzz them in. Hoodoo, I suppose. I trashed that particular test run after another freeze up.

Running a new test hood now. I've been playing this one for 3 sim days with zero stutters and zero freezes, only the occasional pause when families are moving in/romance is being initiated. The difference: I set my config to testingcheatsenabled false.

I still find it a bit of an annoyance that I can't direct a sim to greet another outside their apartment building and invite them in but then I haven't actually seen any other sims walking by either, so it may be a moot point.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2010 November 02, 02:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference: I set my config to testingcheatsenabled false.

Mine was set to that until just today, and it still got all stuttery. So I think that may just be coincidence.

As for the welcome wagon, do they have to come inside the building to ask to be buzzed in? I only got the wagon on the non-shell apartment in bridgeport, which has the mailbox outside, which the welcome wagon would stand by. Maybe in the other ones they come inside to the mailbox, and then trigger the "Buzz in" thing.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 02, 03:01:35 by Claeric » Logged
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 November 02, 03:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually tried the apartments yet, I wasn't too fond of them in the Sims 2 because they weren't big enough for my sim families. From what I've read about them, they're still nothing that great.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 November 02, 03:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few of my vampire sims seem to be missing fangs, which is a minor annoyance. It seems that if you make a vampire using debug commands or if a sim is born a vampire, he or she won't have fangs. I've tested this with both custom and stock characters.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2010 November 02, 03:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few of my vampire sims seem to be missing fangs, which is a minor annoyance. It seems that if you make a vampire using debug commands or if a sim is born a vampire, he or she won't have fangs. I've tested this with both custom and stock characters.

What happens if you reset them? With resetsim?
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 November 02, 03:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it and it didn't change anything. I tested it with both my debug transformed sim and Belisama Hemlock, who was born a vampire (she's a young adult at this point, so she's a full fledged vampire sans fangs).
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 November 02, 03:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference: I set my config to testingcheatsenabled false.

Mine was set to that until just today, and it still got all stuttery. So I think that may just be coincidence.

Could be. Could be the new hood was loaded free of fuckery. I'm sticking with it off for now, though, as my game is running silky smooth.

As for the welcome wagon, do they have to come inside the building to ask to be buzzed in? I only got the wagon on the non-shell apartment in bridgeport, which has the mailbox outside, which the welcome wagon would stand by. Maybe in the other ones they come inside to the mailbox, and then trigger the "Buzz in" thing.

One of the visitors went inside and used the call box which rang the active sim's cell phone. The other 2 stayed outside milling but selecting the buzz in option triggered all 3 to head up the elevator and into the apartment. So basically the call box = the doorbell. However, it has to be used in order to invite people in. You can't simply invite anyone hanging out to come into your house (apartment) without them calling and asking to be buzzed in.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 November 02, 03:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it and it didn't change anything. I tested it with both my debug transformed sim and Belisama Hemlock, who was born a vampire (she's a young adult at this point, so she's a full fledged vampire sans fangs).
It's a bug with the game not adding the Accessory to them when they hit YA. You can add it yourself when you turn unlockoutfits on, but we shouldn't have to in the first place. Dammit EA.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2010 November 02, 05:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think maybe the mailbox has something to do with it, then. Because I tried it some more, and welcome wagons where the mailbox was outside *never* came inside for me to use the buzzer, but at other apartments it worked fine.

Also, I noticed the opposite of a bug/annoyance: Walls can now be placed next to windows. Like, interecting them. FINALLY. They probably did this for the half-walls, but it works with regular walls too- they can bisect right through a window.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2010 November 02, 10:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing to watch for when a group of visitors arrive in a shell block is don't let your host sim leave his apartment to meet them in the foyer.  Once he leaves his own apartment, the game considers him "not at home" and the visitors leave once they detect that.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 November 02, 10:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing to watch for when a group of visitors arrive in a shell block is don't let your host sim leave his apartment to meet them in the foyer.  Once he leaves his own apartment, the game considers him "not at home" and the visitors leave once they detect that.

Is that perhaps why I am constantly getting the random "I have to go, bye!" message 2 seconds after my visitors arrive?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2010 November 02, 11:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be. Obviously you can get that message for other legitimate reasons too, but that could well be one of them.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 2010 November 02, 16:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I get that constantly, and visitors don't leave after they say it. Looks like they set it so that when you leave, they pretend they have to leave, but since you didn't actually leave the LOT, they don't leave. I even get it with the maid, and that's the second they arrive.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 November 02, 17:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that on community lots too when I invite a group. After a short while I'll get the "I'm leaving" popups, but none of them ever do. Some of them even follow my sim onto the next lot.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 November 02, 21:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mixologists Issue:
I can't move in, date, or become engaged to mixologists.  The options just are not there.  I can get to romantic interest but beyond that there is nothing.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Welcome Wagon:
I have yet to have a welcome wagon visit.  I've started six new games now and have not had a single welcome wagon each time.
pinklovehammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 November 02, 23:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only bug I've experienced thus far is the horrible jerkyness of it all. It's taking ages for my sims to do anything. It's just taken one of my sims from 1pm till 7pm to make some pancakes. This is really quite rediculous. The time skips along but they seem to just stand around staring into space for long periods of time. I'm not very good at describing but it's extremely annoying.

It's nothing wrong with my computer as I've just given it an amazingly good upgrade and it played it reasonably well before. I'm not sure what's causing it or if I'm the only one having this happen to them.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2010 November 02, 23:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really annoying bug: Sometimes the elevators will cease to work at all, and when I mouse over them, they say it's because they're in use by whoever, never mind that they aren't. So far, the only fix I've found to this problem is to delete the elevator and buy a new one, which is a PITA no matter where it's at.

I've had the same problem with a TV and a high chair after installing LN, actually. But those were easy to replace, so it was less annoying.

It may be an old bug for all I know, though, but I didn't notice it before.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 November 03, 02:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone see I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it seems like all my female townies in Bridgeport have big boobs! It's so distracting! I think the breast slider is set to max for all female townies in my game.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 November 03, 05:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone see I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it seems like all my female townies in Bridgeport have big boobs! It's so distracting! I think the breast slider is set to max for all female townies in my game.

Yes.  There's one elder celebrity I've noticed in particular running around Bridgeport with clown shoe tits.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2010 November 03, 05:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aria Trill? (FFS!)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2010 November 03, 17:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just a symptom of my general game borkage, or has anyone else tried to hire a butler, only to have them get stuck or disappear after something like a day? If you reset them, they implode, completely disappearing from the game. I can't seem to make a new one show up either. Bah. I liked the idea of having a house slave I didn't have to control.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2010 November 03, 17:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aria Trill? (FFS!)

EXACTLY.  They are SCARY, MENACING boobs.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: