More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:09:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 260225 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #50 on: 2010 October 28, 21:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't you soup?

Yes I did, but I had to come back to see what people were saying about me souping.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2010 October 28, 21:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do have to wonder why the posts I'm making that give information on things are being removed. I guess nobody wants to know that peak hours revolve around happy hour, or that the cheat you use to edit apartment buildings doesn't work for everyone and there's an alternative. Somehow those aren't worth mentioning?

Perhaps if you weren't so unreliavole you wouldn't be having this problem. SEARCH MOAR.

Itsadick
Asinine Airhead

"GO AWAY ALREADY!"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 October 28, 21:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Borken Stupid UI, Gaais! No more custom Skins Sad as they cause the stupid create a sim to act stupid, you wont be able to change skin colors, sex and you wont have new sliders. :/

Signature to please the mentally challenged, Although I cannot please everyone because no one can.
YuRi <3 Unnie Saranghe!
No one cares about you any more.  There's a new flavor of tard already out.
Sad aw
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 October 28, 22:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps your custom title and enforced avatar might be a clue as to why your posts are largely assumed to be dross unless extensively proven otherwise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 October 28, 23:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the bug where all of a sudden my sim couple wouldn't go to work at the Studio. I deleted and replaced it since nobody else seemed to be going in either, and now she can go to work, but he just gets jump buggy and cancels. I've tried to fix and reset him but, eh, no luck. I assume he's completely borked.

I also get the same two places marked as hot spots every single night in map mode, but then when I go there, there's not a single soul. Not that there are ever more than one or two sims, three at the most, at any one time. -_-

Apart from that (and some opportunities being unfulfillable but that's really minor to me) it's not been the most bugged experience I've ever had. Yet.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 October 28, 23:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Borken Stupid UI, Gaais! No more custom Skins Sad as they cause the stupid create a sim to act stupid, you wont be able to change skin colors, sex and you wont have new sliders. :/

I'm still using custom skins without any problem. I just removed Rez Delnava's UI mod and everything was fine. I created a new sim using one of LFB's non-default skintones. I just used the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll through all my non-default skintones.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 October 28, 23:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, apparently someone is arbitrarily deciding which posts should stay and which shouldn't, and moving them elsewhere. There's a good four or five posts of helpful, unmentioned before my post information, that apparently isn't helpful enough (despite, again, being unmentioned elsewhere), which were moved. These include important information for functional apartments, made in a topic about building functional apartments.

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? What determines if information nobody else has posted is helpful or not?

You really should pay attention to your surroundings moar often. Perhaps the name of the thread in which your posts are ending up in is a clue as to what is happon. Id-10-t errors.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 October 28, 23:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That guy just posted the same information in the Late Night Arr thread. Oh well, answered him there the same way, ShortyBoo.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 October 28, 23:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across a really annoying problem. I'm guessing it's related to the new apartment system.

Basically, when going into Edit Town to edit community lots, it forbids me to edit anything outside of the building without disabling restrictions. I just get a "Homeowners association does not allow this" or "You cannot move, edit or delete anything outside of your unit" message, depending on what I try to do.  Undecided
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 October 29, 00:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else had the issue of there being no books for sale in the bookstore of the new neighbourhood? 
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 October 29, 00:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else had the issue of there being no books for sale in the bookstore of the new neighbourhood? 

Yep.  It's a hack conflict.  The hack from MTS to add the missing skill books causes it.  I took that hack out, and the bookstore was stocked again.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 October 29, 00:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that hack, the only CC I use in my game is the stuff from the store.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 October 29, 00:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know what to tell you.  It was that one specific file that did it to me, and taking it out fixed it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 October 29, 01:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really should pay attention to your surroundings moar often. Perhaps the name of the thread in which your posts are ending up in is a clue as to what is happon. Id-10-t errors.

Yeah, I obviously figured that out. What I'm not understanding is how useful, factual information isn't something people want to see.

I repeat:

Perhaps your custom title and enforced avatar might be a clue as to why your posts are largely assumed to be dross unless extensively proven otherwise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 October 29, 01:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest annoyance for me is the Home Owners crap. Went to Edit Town to build my own custom home, and the bloody Home Owners Association wont let me build! Had to use RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings False just so I could actually build anything on my own custom lot.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 October 29, 01:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do have to wonder why the posts I'm making that give information on things are being removed

Do you have yourself on Ignore?   I'm seeing your posts ok.

No, apparently someone is arbitrarily deciding which posts should stay and which shouldn't, and moving them elsewhere. There's a good four or five posts of helpful, unmentioned before my post information, that apparently isn't helpful enough (despite, again, being unmentioned elsewhere), which were moved. These include important information for functional apartments, made in a topic about building functional apartments.

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? What determines if information nobody else has posted is helpful or not?

Didn't you read the rules of the Taderdome when you took up residency?  You did stop posting when you first made it your new home, and as far as I know the Witch hasn't changed the rules about what does or does not get moved.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 October 29, 01:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get my sims to play any of the new instruments. They go up to it like they're going to play it, and then the jump bug attacks.

I took out all my hacks that could conflict and am stilling having this problem. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something, because I usually do.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed one. It works now.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 29, 02:56:45 by claudiasharon » Logged

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Beldara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 October 29, 01:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My drummer never receives a tip when using "play for tips"

I've tried it in a few locations, some where other people are playing, others where she's the only sim with an instrument, and she gets flat out ignored universally.

Taking her bf sim the guitarist netted him several hundred in a short time, and her drum skill is higher than his guitar skills.

KRYTEN: Absolutely sir, with the Kinitawowi *not* skinning you alive the moment they set eyes on you is one of their warmest greetings.
poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 October 29, 04:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that Sims don't earn skill points whilst at the gym in Bridgeport.

I also had this issue but my sims were in a group at the time. When it was just one lone sim ungrouped it worked and he gained skills.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 October 29, 04:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All people who complain about lack of sims in clubs - how good is your computer? With slower computers the game will allow less non-player sims on a lot, which I know from experience since I played the game on a crappy computer and I see a huge difference on the new computer.
I didn't observe the clubs being deserted. There's usually 3-8 sims there, it looks like usual npcs per lot in the sims 3. If there were more it would probably result in even bigger route failing horror.

Anyway, I too observed a sim being unable to fulfill opportunity at the bookstore, while that same opportunity worked for another sim in the same household. I'm also disappointed that my sim's band never gets any gig invitations and I have no idea how I'm supposed to solve this issue.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 October 29, 06:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see this problem mentioned anywhere else, so here goes: After installing LN, when I load up a fresh neighborhood, it contains no residents.  There's no option to play a pre-existing family, and they're all missing.  I removed all my mods, and the problem persists.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 October 29, 06:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My drummer never receives a tip when using "play for tips"

I've tried it in a few locations, some where other people are playing, others where she's the only sim with an instrument, and she gets flat out ignored universally.

Taking her bf sim the guitarist netted him several hundred in a short time, and her drum skill is higher than his guitar skills.

I'm having the same problem.  The other sims are doing the animations as if they are giving tips, but my sim isn't receiving any money. 

The only mods I have are a custom skin, the new no-mosaic mod and the no-intro mod and AwesomeMod.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2010 October 29, 06:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

List of things that aren't available in the catalog with or without BuyDebug:

-Most skyscrapers (Two are available, the rest are completely missing)
-Apartment Mailbox
-Trash Chute
-Wall Speakers (I may be mistaken. I did spend forever trying to find them and came up completely short. Pretty big deal that these aren't buyable.)

Anything else?
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 October 29, 07:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wall speaker is under Buy Debug. It just doesn't have the Late Night icon, it's considered a base game item.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 October 29, 09:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the wall speaker should be under "Community Objects" as well. As it actually came with the patch, it has no speshul icon.

You can add the Food Truck Parking Space to that list...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: