More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:09:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259004 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #25 on: 2010 October 28, 02:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the thing with the camera mode being impossible to use in an apartment. I hope it can be fixed.

I didn't play long enough for my sim to sleep, but I'm curious if HP's No Zzz's mod will still work or not. I noticed that there are a ton of vampires in the city. I don't see how the people who don't like vampires would be able to really avoid them. Just in the short time I played, I ran across like 6 of them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 October 28, 02:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason sims take cabs is because the cabs are free as part of autorouting. If we made them cost money, we'd have to prevent sims from autonomously frittering the money away on cabs, and there isn't really a good interface for turning its usage on and off. As a penalty factor, the cabs suck and are actually worse than the bikes. If we had to pay money for them, we'd expect some CRAZY TAXI.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 October 28, 05:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't turn right away, you have to wait for them to slowly die. It takes about a day or two.
Oh well, that explains a lot. I'm kinda disappointed that the "lessons" section neglected to mention it.

Major fail with investigator profession. Sims might get a case to search through sims' garbage on sims that live in a apartment and don't have garbage cans. I suspect more of such problems with the investigator profession.

I just did some build work and on the lot I was doing, there was a garbage can at street level.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2010 October 28, 06:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to buy any non-rabbit-hole lots.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 October 28, 08:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did some build work and on the lot I was doing, there was a garbage can at street level.
I couldn't see any magnifying glass icon while rotating around the lot, that's why I assumed it was glitchy.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 October 28, 10:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a crash when I used my Sims 3 Documents folder without changing it. Forcing the game to generate a new one (by deleting or renaming the existing one) fixed it, and I don't quite know why.

Yeah, I have the same problem, however forcing the game to generate a new folder hasn't fixed anything so far :/
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 October 28, 11:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems bills can't go in the apartment mailbox. They're just dumped next to it and can't be placed in.

Apparently, there is a trash chute. Lord knows where that thing is meant to be found.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 October 28, 13:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems bills can't go in the apartment mailbox. They're just dumped next to it and can't be placed in.

Apparently, there is a trash chute. Lord knows where that thing is meant to be found.

Bills do go in to and can be paid from the mail box, and the trash shoot is right outside of the apartments near the elevator somewhere.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 October 28, 14:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing new custom-made sims in Bridgeport, with no mods or cc.  Here are a few things I've noticed:

Some of the opportunities list building names from Sunset Valley, which cannot be fulfilled.  For example, there is no city hall in Bridgeport, just a municipal building, and my sim has gotten several opportunities that require going to city hall. There are no opportunity-related options in the city hall menu, and clicking the button to send the sim to fulfill the opportunity adds the request to his queue, but it immediately drops out.

One of my sims could not go to work (level 6 of the acting career).  The car pool would show up, but the action would immediately drop out of his queue.  I tried clicking on the car pool and work building with the same results.  This lasted for a few days, and he was able to do the side-jobs (such as researching for a role).  The only difference that I noticed when he was finally able to go to work was that he had showered before the car pool showed up and changed into his work outfit automatically after his shower, and I don't think that he was changing into his work clothes when he wasn't able to go to work.

The opportunities one should not be a problem.  I had a teen who got the "work a Doo Pea's corporate tower for extra credit"  opportunity.   There obviously is no Doo Pea's Tower in Bridgeport but the opportunity icon showed up at Steves Business Complex and she was able to do it there.  It appears for me,  it's just the name of the building in the text box is incorrect, which is annoying, but not game breaking. 

To get around sims not going to work, just click on the building that they should be working at and a "tranfer job here" option should show up.  The sims will go to their
work building and it will ask you if you want to transfer you job here.  Once you click yes they start going to work normally. 
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 October 28, 14:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bills do go in to and can be paid from the mail box, and the trash shoot is right outside of the apartments near the elevator somewhere.
I think it was just a borked lot. Seems to work fine elsewhere.

And I mean, where can you buy a chute? Turns out it's another hidden unbuyable item.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 October 28, 16:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only some of those lots were smaller. Then keeping what you want, leveling the whole place, and rebuilding it wouldn't be such a big deal.

OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 October 28, 16:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume it's in the buydebug category if it's not showing up in a normal category, the trash shoot that is. One would think it's just like the normal mailbox and trash can, they come with the lot and you can't buy them.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 October 28, 17:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The opportunities one should not be a problem.  I had a teen who got the "work a Doo Pea's corporate tower for extra credit"  opportunity.   There obviously is no Doo Pea's Tower in Bridgeport but the opportunity icon showed up at Steves Business Complex and she was able to do it there.  It appears for me,  it's just the name of the building in the text box is incorrect, which is annoying, but not game breaking.

Not true.  I had an opportunity for Doo Pea's, but when I went to the business complex and navigated to the proper menu(where I could join the career and stuff), the opportunity was not there.

The new wishes and ltws don't have the little counter on them.  You know, how it would count up like 1/10 for things like job level?  I haven't found that on any of the new ones that were introduced with the expansion.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 October 28, 17:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any mods, just the store stuff, and default skintone and eyes. I get those +'s and star bursts every time I delete an item and then when I buy an item I get even more +'s; it's very annoying but not game breaking. My sim did have problems with the elevators. It took her 2 1/2 sims hours just to ride the elevator in the Banzai (sp?) Lounge, one of the smaller community lots. It also took about 4 sim hours for her to drive over the bridge to the library. I think I have some routing fail borkage somewhere. I can't find out anything in my folders as far as mods so I really don't know what else it could be besides EA's craptastic coding.  BTW I have the legal digital DL. Does anyone with the actual disk have these same problems?

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 October 28, 18:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jaccirocker I'm having the same issue, and I have the disc. Elevator rides take wayyy too long.

Also not happy with how narrow the entrances are. It makes it really hard to get anywhere if you get a welcome wagon. I'm cheat-teleporting a lot because those damn people won't gtf out of my way. Ditto for clubs. MOVE YOUR ASSES!

Still haven't seen if anyone else is having the 'Can't buy non-rabbithole lots' glitch. They're offered for sale, but I get route-fails if I try and buy them. Adding a real city-hall doesn't correct this.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 October 28, 18:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that Sims don't earn skill points whilst at the gym in Bridgeport. I only tried it with one sim so it could just be him but meh, annoying.

Also having the whole empty hot spots issue. The busiest it got were three other sims. Crazy, it was not.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 October 28, 18:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Moryrie, I forgot about the Teleport thing. I'll have to try that out.

skronk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 October 28, 19:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that Sims don't earn skill points whilst at the gym in Bridgeport. I only tried it with one sim so it could just be him but meh, annoying.

This happened to me as well, but in SV and Twinbrook. So I sent my Sim to learn athletic at the coliseum. It said he gained a skill, but when I looked in the skill journal it still said he hadn't learned any skills at all. I assumed this meant the 'hood was about to implode, so I just deleted it and started over. Both times this happened with a brand spanking new 'hood, and only store content for CC. To make sure that my new 'hoods weren't borked as well, the very first thing I did was click on one of the workout machines at the gym. If the option comes up to either work out until fatigued or work out until skill gained, then you know it isn't mangled. If it is mangled, the only option that comes up is "work out until fatigued". I did not test with ASM so I have no idea whether resetworld or fixall work to fix it, or whether your 'hood is rendered a BFBVFS.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 October 28, 19:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also having the whole empty hot spots issue. The busiest it got were three other sims. Crazy, it was not.

I had my sim go to the gym in Bridgeport after she got an opportunity from her "agent" to work out for 4 hours straight. She had no athletic skill points, but by the time she was done, she was at level 3. So I was able to gain skillpoints there.

I have noticed the lack of sims at the clubs and bars. Most of the bars that weren't "hot spots" had at most 1 sim not including the bouncer & bartender. The so-called hot spots had at most 4 people. I thought it could have just been because my sim was a celeb and a lot of the sims that tried to show up were turned away by the bouncers. But when I went to a club without a bouncer that was supposed to be busy, the same happened. More people would show up, but the people who were there would leave.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 October 28, 19:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true.  I had an opportunity for Doo Pea's, but when I went to the business complex and navigated to the proper menu(where I could join the career and stuff), the opportunity was not there.

The new wishes and ltws don't have the little counter on them.  You know, how it would count up like 1/10 for things like job level?  I haven't found that on any of the new ones that were introduced with the expansion.

Well it was true for that one sim.   But you are right it does seem to be borked because just today I had another sim get an opportunity for Doo Pea's, and there was no opportunity at Steve's Business Complex.  Not sure why it worked with one sim but not another one....
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 October 28, 20:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RE: Empty Bars

Are you all checking the times that these bars are empty against the times these bars are supposed to be hopping?
There is, apparently, peak days/times for each bar. I would imagine if you're not visiting the bars at these times/on these days it might be what is causing the lack of patronage.
If you are visiting at peak times/on peak days and they are empty I wonder if it has something to do with computer specs.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't run into any problems thus far. Athletic skilling works, work hours are normal, no crashes. I only ran a neighborhood for a few hours to test stability before jumping into build mode, though.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 October 28, 20:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume it's in the buydebug category if it's not showing up in a normal category, the trash shoot that is. One would think it's just like the normal mailbox and trash can, they come with the lot and you can't buy them.

I've had a look, but it's definitely nowhere to be found. Can't even be copied while buydebug is enabled. You could be right, but some of the pre-made apartment lots are actually missing the chutes, which is why I was looking for them. Two hours to take out the damn trash is just not on.

God damn, I can't believe they've hidden so many objects. Even some of the vents (from Apartment Life) can only be accessed with buydebug, which is just freaking retarded.

On the plus side: Level skip object is ORSUM.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 October 28, 21:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RE: Empty Bars

Are you all checking the times that these bars are empty against the times these bars are supposed to be hopping?
There is, apparently, peak days/times for each bar. I would imagine if you're not visiting the bars at these times/on these days it might be what is causing the lack of patronage.
If you are visiting at peak times/on peak days and they are empty I wonder if it has something to do with computer specs.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't run into any problems thus far. Athletic skilling works, work hours are normal, no crashes. I only ran a neighborhood for a few hours to test stability before jumping into build mode, though.

Yeah I've tried going at all times, same thing. Since I posted, my sim has been to a dive bar that got about 6 other sims at a time, but she only went there because she was promoting a film. And this wasn't at a particularly popular time for the dive bars according to what has been posted online so who knows.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2010 October 28, 21:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do have to wonder why the posts I'm making that give information on things are being removed

Do you have yourself on Ignore?   I'm seeing your posts ok.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 October 28, 21:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do have to wonder why the posts I'm making that give information on things are being removed

Do you have yourself on Ignore?   I'm seeing your posts ok.

Didn't you soup?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: