More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:41:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259047 times)
amarynth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Late Night bugs & annoyances
« on: 2010 October 27, 15:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing new custom-made sims in Bridgeport, with no mods or cc.  Here are a few things I've noticed:

Some of the opportunities list building names from Sunset Valley, which cannot be fulfilled.  For example, there is no city hall in Bridgeport, just a municipal building, and my sim has gotten several opportunities that require going to city hall. There are no opportunity-related options in the city hall menu, and clicking the button to send the sim to fulfill the opportunity adds the request to his queue, but it immediately drops out.

One of my sims could not go to work (level 6 of the acting career).  The car pool would show up, but the action would immediately drop out of his queue.  I tried clicking on the car pool and work building with the same results.  This lasted for a few days, and he was able to do the side-jobs (such as researching for a role).  The only difference that I noticed when he was finally able to go to work was that he had showered before the car pool showed up and changed into his work outfit automatically after his shower, and I don't think that he was changing into his work clothes when he wasn't able to go to work.

One of my sims has been in a band for several sim weeks without getting a single gig.  When he first started out, he could play for tips in the park, but since then, he's become a vampire and though he plays for tips for hours in parks and bar/clubs and is at skill level 10, he never gets any tips.

Sims crowd the area between the elevator and doorway at the Plasma club every damn night, and when the club closes, everyone gets stuck and no one can leave.

There was an amusing traffic jam on the street outside of the Plasma club, with nearly every sim in the neighborhood standing outside alternately trying to get celebrities' autographs and pictures or puking because unfriendly vampires were in the crowd.  It got so crowded no one could move, they just stood there puking repeatedly. It was kind of awesome.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 27, 15:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can place a City Hall if you want it, or just don't take those opportunities.  It's not really an annoyance if you can fix it yourself.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 27, 17:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah most of your reported glitches i've already read in a review. It seems they are common for the game. They'll either get patched or maybe some can be fixed by Pes - like that problem with going into the school rabbit hole, where everyone got stuck before the entrance. Perhaps the same system can be applied for the elevators. I'm buying the game tomorrow and hope to experience that puking crowd, sounds hilarious!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 27, 17:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find the Food Truck parking space anywhere. Using the eyedropper tool won't work either, unless buydebug is on. And even then, it takes me to the "All" sort of "Community Objects" with nothing selected. They also can't seem to be deleted.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 27, 19:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a crash when I used my Sims 3 Documents folder without changing it. Forcing the game to generate a new one (by deleting or renaming the existing one) fixed it, and I don't quite know why.

The crowds at the elevator are a big buggy, but the elevator DOES hold a lot of sims at once, which is good. I suspect adding a second elevator, or maybe 3, would completely solve the problem, plus speed up traffic. Very satisfied with the elevators and how they can hold a bunch of sims.

Annoyance: Coloring ceiling tiles is a base game thing now, isn't it? What excuse do they have for not coloring the ceilings of ANY buildings? It looks absolutely ridiculous to be inside a club with a style all its own and see these ugly cream white ceilings.

Annoyance 2: My thought bubbles are ENORMOUS, and hte images inside them sometimes clip behind the bubbles depending on the view angle. This one is just horrible! But I suspect it is mod-related.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7558/screenshot18v.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4720/screenshot17g.jpg
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 20:17:14 by Claeric » Logged
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 27, 20:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoyance 2: My thought bubbles are ENORMOUS, and hte images inside them sometimes clip behind the bubbles depending on the view angle. This one is just horrible! But I suspect it is mod-related.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7558/screenshot18v.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4720/screenshot17g.jpg

I don't think its mod related. Someone had posted screens with an un-modded game and had that same issue.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 27, 20:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's fantastic. They get in the way pretty badly.

I also just realized I can't see any of the special effects- the fog machine and the new fancy lights don't do a thing. The lights wiggle around but I don't see any light actually coming from them.

There's also a little blue + sign whenever I buy anything that doesnt go away until I leave buy mode. What is up with all these effects? Sad

Edit: Could it be a censor blur remover? I have one, somewhere, but of course I can't find anything in my mods that sounds like a censor remover.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 20:57:58 by Claeric » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 27, 21:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using an old no mosiac or censor blur remover, then you could have effects from not updating. Rothchild at MTS updated his NoMosiac mod for Late Night.

The plus sign is part of the new feature of moving wall hangings up and down. I haven't played my game yet, but there were pictures of how the feature works and a plus sign was in it.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 27, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting the plus sign for every object, not just wall stuff. I think there's actually arrows for the wall things, I remember reading the plus signs are for something else?

And it turns out the effects were all the result of an old no-mosaic hidden away in my Buy Mode package. The mini plumbobs, the lights, the FX machine, the giant thought bubbles, all of them were hidden.
Sunnysunnysuns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 October 27, 22:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First-post newfag FTW.

Anyways, I have a legal copy of the game and I moved my mods folder elsewhere before I installed. I've encountered a few of these glitches as well, such as an opportunity to get new sheet music at the bookstore. Problem was, it was Sunset Valley's bookstore. It's such a shame that Sims are locked away in artificial "cities". I don't see anything preventing them from traveling outside Bridgeport. I bet if you could scroll a little further, you could see the SimBerlin wall, police brutality, and tankman x 1000. (Yeah, I know about the TAB key) At least Twinbrook had an excuse, because that shithole was quarantined; I mean, just look at the poor Bayless family. Doesn't the green waterfall make it kind of obvious?

Also, the elevator clustering is really annoying, but not game-breaking. I assume EA will get around to fixing it as soon as they break ten other things. They actually did pretty good this time, compared to WA not installing and Ambitions corrupting CAW.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 October 27, 22:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rez Denava's UI Non-Default Skintone hack is not compatible with Late Night.  It actually prevents you from changing skintone AND keeps the new muscle tone and breast sliders from appearing.  Since you can scroll your skintones, there's not really a need for it, so I just removed it altogether.

The premade lots for LN are HUGE, so if you're planning to add them to an existing neighborhood, you might want to just make your own or wait for someone else to create them, if you're lazy.  Unless, of course, you WANT a bunch of 60x60 lots with cliffy sides that don't connect properly to your roads.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 October 27, 22:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim ask to be turned and she got stuck with "bitten" moodlet, but not turned into a vampire. I had to remove the moodlet and ask again for it to work.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 October 27, 22:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me how my sim will walk, then take the subway, then take a taxi just to get to one location.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 October 27, 22:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a bug where autonomously "ask to get in" causes a sim to be stuck in place until the bouncer is ready and able to refuse/allow entrance.

I found it in S3PE and the XML claims that it can't be done autonomously, but my sim still tries and gets stuck repeatedly.

It annoys me how my sim will walk, then take the subway, then take a taxi just to get to one location.

It's the fastest way. People in real life do it, too. In my experience the subway/taxi routing and decisions are actually pretty good.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 October 27, 22:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim ask to be turned and she got stuck with "bitten" moodlet, but not turned into a vampire. I had to remove the moodlet and ask again for it to work.

They don't turn right away, you have to wait for them to slowly die. It takes about a day or two.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 October 27, 23:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't turn right away, you have to wait for them to slowly die. It takes about a day or two.
Oh well, that explains a lot. I'm kinda disappointed that the "lessons" section neglected to mention it.

Major fail with investigator profession. Sims might get a case to search through sims' garbage on sims that live in a apartment and don't have garbage cans. I suspect more of such problems with the investigator profession.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 October 27, 23:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoyances:
I'm getting everyone standing on the spot, yelling about starvation, in some of the bars.

It takes an absolute age to get around Bridgeport. Even with the subways. The place is just too friggin' big.

I was hoping to be able to just dump some pre-made bin lots (like the studio backlot) into the 'hood. But in typical EAxian fashion, they're of the most bizzare sizes and don't really fit anywhere outside of Bridgeport.

And of course, that damn food truck! I can't believe they've made it unbuyable. Crazy.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 October 27, 23:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest issue is with the new Community Lot sizes. Fuck you EAxis, where the fuck am I supposed to put them outside of craptastic Bridgeport? Hmmm? The biggest lot in Sunset Valley is 60x60 - the movie lot is 64x64. With all the rabbitholes and community lots, I am having a hard time getting leftover lots to live in.

Also - Bridgeport library doesn't have skilling bookshelves on the lower floor, never bothered looking upstairs.

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 October 28, 00:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing one of the pre-made Sims. A vampire doctor named Elvira.

- My Sims sleep Z's are not Z's...they are a custom painting I just recently created and added to my game. But it's not just the picture of the painting, it is the entire DDS photo (picture, frame, back of the image).

- I didn't read much about Vampires before installing this EP: are their Needs supposed to continuously and erratically change every few seconds? I can't have my Sim sleep because by the time she gets to bed, her bar is filled again, but then her Thirst is low. If I drag it up manually, it will just drop again. I don't know what will happen if I try Shift-Clicking on the mailbox to Make Needs Static so I didn't try.

- I have Twallan's mod that notifies me of other Sims' skilling in my town. I'm getting from 30-72 messages about random Sims' Mixology skill reaching level 7 and 8, when I haven't even played the game for more than a Sim day; also that so-and-so didn't go to work for whatever reason. I clicked on the message icon so the camera zooms and shows me this other Sim and they appear to be standing in their apartment building, doing nothing.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 October 28, 01:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparks - have you tried removing the CC including mods? I think your issues are Tight Pants.

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 October 28, 01:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparks - have you tried removing the CC including mods? I think your issues are Tight Pants.

I played for a bit without Mods until my game was stable enough to save (I forgot about changing my EXE in DEP so I had about 10 crashes); once it was stable and I setup DEP, everything is fine now. I've never had a problem with sleep Z's before so I'm attributing that to LN. I don't have any Skill mods or Need mods so, although I know something I have can still affect it, I can't help but think this new expansion is to blame. This isn't really complaining; more just facts and observations.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 October 28, 01:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with sleep Z's before so I'm attributing that to LN. I don't have any Skill mods or Need mods so, although I know something I have can still affect it, I can't help but think this new expansion is to blame.

You add a mod that changes a texture. Surprize! The ZZZ texture has changed. Hm. Obviously the game is to blame. Damn them, programming the game to make the ZZZ texture change autonomously. Hint: The issue is your mod, which clearly isn't compatible!

And the Twallan mod giving you tons of false alerts is the game's fault too? Do you not understand what an incompatible mod is? It's a mod that doesn't function properly with the current patch.

Another issue: The camera. The camera from the base game has always worked in such a way that the farther from the ground it is, the faster it moves- to compensate for the distance, obviously. Problem is, they managed to fix this for the apartments (in base game, if you were to make a really high piece of land, the camera would FLY over it), but not for the free cam. Free cam is impossible to use in apartments/clubs because they're so high off the ground.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 October 28, 02:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a screenshot showing that sleeping vampires have  v's instead of z's.  So I'm not surprised that your changed texture no longer works.

-tastes like chikin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 October 28, 02:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the fastest way. People in real life do it, too. In my experience the subway/taxi routing and decisions are actually pretty good.
Typically, a city with public transportation will have decent coverage for all areas. Typically, a person who is taking public transportation will only do public trans/walking for that trip. Why? Because cabs cost a fuckload. If you are already going to drop a fuckload on a cab, you might as well take the cab the whole way and not run the risk of having a book thrown at you by someone who thinks you stepped on their foot*.

Sims routing doesn't follow human rules. A person in real life with a working car wouldn't take a cab to the grocery store.

*True story, though I was only an observer.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 October 28, 02:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always add a subway within walking distance of each lot. Adding one to each and every lot might be a bit of unfair overkill, but maybe one at every intersection would work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: