More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:45:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 260253 times)
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #300 on: 2010 November 15, 17:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a different issue regarding service sims. My family lives in an apartament, and none of the service sims are willing to take the elevator to their place. They do make sure to charge me though, although they haven't actually done anything, nor have they been in the apartament for that matter. Maids, repairmen, babysitters... I hire one of them, then sometime later I receive a notification saying that they're done and that they've taken my money. On the bright side, even though the babysitter hasn't set foot in the apartment, the game still considers someone is in there with the kid, so at least my sims can go to work/out.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2010 November 16, 00:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that there must be a public area marker in the elevator. Maybe the elevator is missing that?
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2010 November 16, 10:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having issues with maids not cleaning properly. They do one thing - like make the beds - raid the fridge and then merrily go on their way, charging me the full amount. Nice work if you can get it.

More seriously, I've now encountered the 'sims get stuck in bed' bug, in a brand-new neighbourhood. ResetSim only works temporarily and replacing the bed in question doesn't help. I've been researching this and it seems that this bug has been around for a while, but is happening much more often after the latest patch/LN - I've never come across it before. People are saying that this eventually leads to a neighbourhood full of invisible and stuck sims. Is my neighbourhood FUBAR before it's even got started properly?

On the plus side, babies and toddlers now gain relationship points from being interacted with as normal. This was broken ages ago and was driving me crazy.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2010 November 16, 13:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magwitch, the 'fixall' code will clear out all the stuck objects. You will see a 'X phantom butt cleared' message and your furniture in the whole neighborhood is working fine again. That is, only if you use Awesomemod.
My maids are working fine, doing the laundry alright, dishes, etc. (Well, except the one in Bridgeport that kinda "lost" its way to my sim's highrise apartment. But I was finally able to hire another one after that borked maid died of old age. The new maid works perfectly. Hurray for vampire sims, their lifespan is way longer.)
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2010 November 17, 10:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magwitch, the 'fixall' code will clear out all the stuck objects. You will see a 'X phantom butt cleared' message and your furniture in the whole neighborhood is working fine again. That is, only if you use Awesomemod.

Thanks for trying to help, Painkiller, but fixall was the first thing I tried. The only fixes I ever get with it are minipartner ones, which I believe has to do with missing/screwed up relationship data. This problem I described has nothing to do with stuck objects, but seems to be a sign that the neighbourhood is about to go kaboom. Why this should be in a neighbourhood that is still in its first generation, using no mods other than Awesome, I don't know, but I'm seeing more and more posts about it in the official forums.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2010 November 17, 13:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Magwitch: My sims used to get stuck and/or go invisible all the time after I installed LN and started a brand new family in Bridgeport. Fixall did nothing and resetsim only worked temporarily. I have since developed a habit to save very often, and so every time I see a borked sim I simply quit without saving. The game used to work fine after that, for a while at least. Gradually, stuck and invisible sims became very rare. So that's my fix, although I may have misunderstood your issue.
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2010 November 17, 14:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an issue with the babysitter in Bridgeport in the apts.  She would teleport into the black space behind the elevator, thereby unable to get up to the apt to actually take care of the child.

So I moved my family to a house (gated), and left the gate open for the repairperson. Who park her truck, walked in the house, turned around and started walking up the street.  And kept walking.

Kidzth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2010 November 17, 18:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue with an opportunity to build simbot. The quest itself was completed and I already have life core in one of my sims but there is no command to build simbot when I click at any workbenches. I guess it has something to do with the new town (just moved them from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport). 

Bene qvi latvit, bene vixit - Publivs Ovidivs Naso.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2010 November 18, 13:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue with an opportunity to build simbot. The quest itself was completed and I already have life core in one of my sims but there is no command to build simbot when I click at any workbenches. I guess it has something to do with the new town (just moved them from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport). 

How about shift + right click on the bench and choose get all ingredients for the simbot.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Kidzth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2010 November 18, 16:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freezerburn: Sorry for being a bit vague, I put hundreds of scrap metal into the workbench before clicking to see if I can build the simbot. The problem is that there is no menu for building simbot even if I have met every requirement. I seem to recall that in order to create a simbot, I have to place the life core at the bench and build the simbot around it, but as of now, it does not allow me to do so.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 18, 17:32:56 by Kidzth » Logged

Bene qvi latvit, bene vixit - Publivs Ovidivs Naso.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2010 November 18, 23:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran into a weird glitch last night. I was playing the Hemlock family and I bought that reward that lets you change your favorites for the husband and just changed his favorite color and music type. After I did that, everyone in the family suddenly had regular types of food as their favorites instead of O Positive. I don't think that was supposed to happen.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2010 November 19, 00:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran into a weird glitch last night. I was playing the Hemlock family and I bought that reward that lets you change your favorites for the husband and just changed his favorite color and music type. After I did that, everyone in the family suddenly had regular types of food as their favorites instead of O Positive. I don't think that was supposed to happen.
I also had that happen when I changed the traits on a vampire, his favorite changed to salad, I never changed anything to do with the favorites. Also I had a sim get turned into a vampire and her favorite never changed to plasma and she never burns or gets the getting hot moodlet out in the sun, but she does get the vampiric vigor moodlet.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2010 November 19, 07:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same also happens if I want to change something relating to the personality tab in CAS, like the voice. Merely opening that tab will reset the favourite food to some default value.
Zoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2010 November 19, 07:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just encountered a hilarious, if rather annoying, glitch.

One of my Sims cooked something on the stove. The stove caught fire. They put the fire out. As soon as the fire was out, a fire started on the floor. They put that fire out, and another fire started elsewhere on the floor in the same room. After repeating this 27 times, I just exited to the main screen. Endless fire - that's hot.

Update: Exiting to the main screen stopped whatever was causing that, and I was able to put the fire out. However, I now have a firefighter in my kitchen that won't leave. Oh, well.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 19, 07:18:09 by Zoni » Logged
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2010 November 19, 10:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has been updated to deal with the empty clubs and bars as far as I gather from its page -- but I'm still having the problem. I have yet to see a single NPC who is not a mixologist or a bouncer at any place that sells booze in my town (custom world, Neverglade-based). I am starting to wonder if this is an issue with not playing in Bridgeport given that Pescado's fixes usually get the job done.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2010 November 19, 10:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most other neighborhoods do not have a composition that is conducive to bargoing, particularly if you create restricted celebrity bars and bars for occults that don't exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2010 November 19, 10:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to retain my small town feel most of my bars are hangouts and dive bars that should be accessible for pretty much everyone. There is only one place that has restrictions regarding celebrities and occults, everything else is open because, well, suburbia and all that white picket fence jazz. I'm going to try to add a few small town apartment buildings with NPC rabbit holes in order to increase population of a non-playable nature and increase the general population as well -- if the problem still persists after that, well, then I guess that hotspot hopping is just not going to be an option in my town.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010 November 19, 11:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I am still having the same issue even in Bridgeport, despite the AM-fix. It isn't just a non-Bridgeport issue, I am afraid.

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2010 November 19, 12:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Late night I've been having a few issues- mostly visual, but still annoying. I can no longer see fish in fishing spots, which means I have to use awesomemod just to be able to fish. Skill bars hang around randomly in the air, and thought bubbles do the same. I'm sure there are a couple of others too, but I can't think of them right now.

Actually, it just seems to be all animations; I had a sim catch fire tonight, but there were no flames and a fight, but without all the dust and random symbols.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 21, 20:37:35 by cristalfiona » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2010 November 19, 16:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to retain my small town feel most of my bars are hangouts and dive bars that should be accessible for pretty much everyone. There is only one place that has restrictions regarding celebrities and occults, everything else is open because, well, suburbia and all that white picket fence jazz. I'm going to try to add a few small town apartment buildings with NPC rabbit holes in order to increase population of a non-playable nature and increase the general population as well -- if the problem still persists after that, well, then I guess that hotspot hopping is just not going to be an option in my town.

Just a tip, try the command 'spawnmoreoverlords' to increase the population in a sec!

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2010 November 21, 12:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had a neverending (or beginning) party go on in our neighborhood.  Our low-rank celebrity Sim got invited to a party at a celeb's house. In the map, the celeb's house showed the party icon overhead. When we sent our Sim out to the party, the house was dark and had no available interactions. Finally, we sent her home. We noticed that the celeb who invited her had lost her icon in the relationship panel; the name and relationship existed, but there was no headshot in the icon and no interactions were available on it.

We quit without saving and tried again. Our Sim got the invitation again. We saw the hostess's icon was still blank, so we didn't both sending our Sim out to the party. The house continued to show the party icon in the map even days later.

In Edit Town, the house showed itself as still occupied, but the owners seemed to be in limbo. We evicted them from the house and dumped them in an empty lot. The unoccupied house continued to show the party icon.  We deleted the house down to the empty lot which continued to show the party.  Finally, we deleted the lot itself which disappeared the party icon. We've never been invited to another party, though, so I suspect that one's still going, somewhere Out There.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2010 November 21, 13:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had a neverending (or beginning) party go on in our neighborhood.  Our low-rank celebrity Sim got invited to a party at a celeb's house. In the map, the celeb's house showed the party icon overhead. When we sent our Sim out to the party, the house was dark and had no available interactions. Finally, we sent her home. We noticed that the celeb who invited her had lost her icon in the relationship panel; the name and relationship existed, but there was no headshot in the icon and no interactions were available on it.

We quit without saving and tried again. Our Sim got the invitation again. We saw the hostess's icon was still blank, so we didn't both sending our Sim out to the party. The house continued to show the party icon in the map even days later.

In Edit Town, the house showed itself as still occupied, but the owners seemed to be in limbo. We evicted them from the house and dumped them in an empty lot. The unoccupied house continued to show the party icon.  We deleted the house down to the empty lot which continued to show the party.  Finally, we deleted the lot itself which disappeared the party icon. We've never been invited to another party, though, so I suspect that one's still going, somewhere Out There.

We? How many of you are playing TS3 at once?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2010 November 21, 20:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice that Hot Tub Time Machines do not actually change the water color when you click the wheel?  Its like the darkening knob on the toaster, only less effective.

Also, no time travel.
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010 November 22, 02:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"We" is my wife and me.  She does most of the design for the bodies and the houses.  I do most of the playing.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2010 November 22, 11:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice that Hot Tub Time Machines do not actually change the water color when you click the wheel?  Its like the darkening knob on the toaster, only less effective.

I was wondering whether it's a local graphical glitch or EA borkness.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: