More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:11:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2  (Read 70974 times)
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2
« Reply #50 on: 2010 October 27, 18:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, a "full patch" is actually NOT a full patch, b/c it only updates either BG or EPs/SPs. Why are we calling it full patch then?
Because it updates from any version of the game to the newest one, as opposed to normal patches which update from specific version to specific version (eg. from x.0 to x.2).
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 October 27, 18:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The full patch for base game is about 424 MB.  They're nice for when you reinstall, so you don't have to install dozens of incremental patches.

The EP DVDs contain full patches up to the patch level at release. When I reinstalled last week or so, I just went throught that and then used the Patch Downloader to get only around 200MB of incremental patches. Works better than downloading a gigabyte or so of full patches.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 October 27, 19:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having the same problem updating Ambitions as I did with HELS. Can't seem to fathom the link for the full patch update for Ambitions though, I've tried http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/EP02_4.5.6.009001_Update.exe but it shows as file not found. Does anyone have the correct link?
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 October 27, 19:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What file is it failing on?  There is no full update for Ambitions.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 October 27, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For my game, it's the freaking TS3EP02.exe file, which I have not fucked with at all. WTF EA?
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 October 27, 20:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It fails at 97% but the patchlog is showing no errors.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 October 27, 20:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For my game, it's the freaking TS3EP02.exe file, which I have not fucked with at all. WTF EA?
Did you turn on LAA?

It fails at 97% but the patchlog is showing no errors.
Are you using the patch log viewer program?  That often shows the wrong patch log.  Go to C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp, delete everything, then try and patch again.  The patch log should be in the folders created there.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 October 27, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bingo. Thanks Rothchild, I am a tard and forgot that.

Edit: Resetting LAA allows the goddamn patch to install without fucking reinstalling every goddamn thing. However if you updated the Patch program from MTS, you now have to download the separate LAA program in order to reset the fucker.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 20:36:30 by NoShitSherlock » Logged
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 October 27, 20:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a quick uninstall/reinstall and patched using  Sims3_4.5.6.009001_from_4.0.87.006001.exe and it went through. I'd started before you posted but thanks anyway.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 October 27, 21:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have to uninstall/install Ambitions to get that part of the patch to successfully go through, and I did use LAA. Forgot to reset the LAA. Doh!

FordGT90Concept said at MTS, the LAA was obsolete cause with the latest patch, EA added that feature to the start up execute. I don't know how true it is, but will have to test it later tonight. I depended on the LAA to play my game without crashes.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 October 27, 23:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My old save games work fine, but I get a CTD every time I try to start a game in Bridgeport.  The neighborhood loads, I can create a sim, move in a sim, what have you.  But when I go to play the family, it crashes.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 October 27, 23:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My old save games work fine, but I get a CTD every time I try to start a game in Bridgeport.  The neighborhood loads, I can create a sim, move in a sim, what have you.  But when I go to play the family, it crashes.

I loaded a saved game in Bridgeport and it played fine (only tested it for like 2 minutes mind you). Did you update AM to test or remove it?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 October 27, 23:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have AM.  I'm fully patched, and had no problems or errors when patching.  I only have this issue in Bridgeport.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 October 28, 03:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't have AM, and successfully patched the base game up to 1.17 after a complete reinstall.  With most of what little CC I have back in the root folder like I prefer it (except for AD85's modular core mod, which will be at least a few more days still), the game does work, except that I have to use the CD of course.  This is using one of my famblies from before the patch -- I haven't tried a new game and/or making a new Sim yet.  I have the new EP and will install it eventually, once the rest of my CC is updated for it.  I always like to try the most up-to-date base game before trying out a new EP.

The only issue was on installing FAS's no-CD crack.  With either the original TSLHost.dll file in the Game/Bin folder, or the altered one I got a few patches ago, the game wouldn't start at all.  It was like an immediate CTD.  What I believe to be the relevant part of the error log is:
[Exception info]
date: 2010-10-27
time: 22.39.27
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000000c
address: 0x004df3c6 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x000de3c6
[Instruction data]
004df346 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.
A Google search made it seem like the file DasmX86Dll.dll sometimes goes missing for other software and games, especially Spore, and the collective response on the issue seemed something like a shrug:  "Sorry dude, your game's broke."

Since I lost my old TSLHost.dll file in the reinstall (and it wasn't working anyway), and none came with the no-CD crack, it looks like my choices are to use AM, to install "Late Night" and hope the Reloaded no-CD crack works with the new TSLHost.dll file that they provide, or to wait for someone else to crack the 1.17 patch and hope they provide a TSLHost.dll file that works.  This is assuming that this file actually matters anymore, which I can't say I know.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 October 28, 04:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't have AM, and successfully patched the base game up to 1.17 after a complete reinstall.  With most of what little CC I have back in the root folder like I prefer it (except for AD85's modular core mod, which will be at least a few more days still), the game does work, except that I have to use the CD of course.  This is using one of my famblies from before the patch -- I haven't tried a new game and/or making a new Sim yet.  I have the new EP and will install it eventually, once the rest of my CC is updated for it.  I always like to try the most up-to-date base game before trying out a new EP.

The only issue was on installing FAS's no-CD crack.  With either the original TSLHost.dll file in the Game/Bin folder, or the altered one I got a few patches ago, the game wouldn't start at all.  It was like an immediate CTD.  What I believe to be the relevant part of the error log is:
[Exception info]
date: 2010-10-27
time: 22.39.27
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000000c
address: 0x004df3c6 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x000de3c6
[Instruction data]
004df346 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.
A Google search made it seem like the file DasmX86Dll.dll sometimes goes missing for other software and games, especially Spore, and the collective response on the issue seemed something like a shrug:  "Sorry dude, your game's broke."

Since I lost my old TSLHost.dll file in the reinstall (and it wasn't working anyway), and none came with the no-CD crack, it looks like my choices are to use AM, to install "Late Night" and hope the Reloaded no-CD crack works with the new TSLHost.dll file that they provide, or to wait for someone else to crack the 1.17 patch and hope they provide a TSLHost.dll file that works.  This is assuming that this file actually matters anymore, which I can't say I know.

Use Nraas no cd mod, it works with any patch, no need to update.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 October 28, 04:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read elsewhere that a buggy fire station lot was causing Bridgeport to crash for some people.  I went into Edit Town, combed through the entire map and couldn't find an actual fire station lot, but I did find an odd, flat, gray lot set to "No Visitors Allowed."  I deleted it, replaced it with a fire station, and suddenly Bridgeport was working for me.

Itsadick
Asinine Airhead

"GO AWAY ALREADY!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 October 28, 06:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now topic-related: my ghost hunter sim keeps getting "lost friend" moodlet while performing jobs. No idea if this is the new patch's fault, since I joined the profession after patching.

This shit is terribly annoying, and its nothing new They just haven't bothered to fix it. It appears if your sim has any instantly Likable or relationship boost reward then you will get the lost friend moodlet I presume, either way that bug is really retarded and its expected from the lazy greed pigs who make the game that others need to fix.

Signature to please the mentally challenged, Although I cannot please everyone because no one can.
YuRi <3 Unnie Saranghe!
No one cares about you any more.  There's a new flavor of tard already out.
Sad aw
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 October 28, 06:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my first few minutes of playing NL, I ended up quitting because I needed to remove a mod that wasn't working anymore. When I went back to play the game, as soon as it finished loading my save, the game crashed to the desktop. I restarted and this time it loaded and I was able to play for a few sim days when the game got glitchy. I was playing a couple and I had the guy go visit a friend's apartment while his wife stayed home. After a few minutes, I noticed the roommates of his friend were both showing in low res mode. I switched back to the wife, and found she was completely invisible, just a floating plumbob. I went to save and quit since I figured maybe restarting would fix it, except it sat on the saving screen for like 30 minutes without doing anything. I ended up having to kill the process in task manager, which I'm sure has corrupted my save.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 October 28, 14:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this patch fixes the T-shirt meshes to work with the breast slider (works with Delphy's too).  Some store shirts were fixed as well, I assume the replacement meshes were put into the base game.  However, many other store shirts seem not to have been fixed.  Is this because EA missed them, or is it because some of these new meshes only work with legit crapified content and not decrapified?  I'm thinking it has to be the former, because some decrapified shirts seem to be using the new meshes.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 October 28, 19:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use Nraas no cd mod, it works with any patch, no need to update.
I think this is where I say BAAAAAAAA.  Lately it seems I mess everything up when I touch anything in my root folder, so this should do the trick.  Base game 1.17 works fine now, so will install LN (is this the officially sanctioned abbreviation?) once AD85's mods are updated.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 October 28, 20:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read elsewhere that a buggy fire station lot was causing Bridgeport to crash for some people.  I went into Edit Town, combed through the entire map and couldn't find an actual fire station lot, but I did find an odd, flat, gray lot set to "No Visitors Allowed."  I deleted it, replaced it with a fire station, and suddenly Bridgeport was working for me.

About that... I actually did find my fire station on "4th Ave" near the Stadium, however I did find a random grey lot also marked as "No Visitors Allowed" and when I deleted that, there was no lot there; meaning it was completely empty whatever it was. This also fixed my Bridgeport game. I'm not sure if you just didn't see the fire station, or your fire station actually was corrupt, but for reference I just had a random grey lot that generated on a corner street which was preventing me from beginning a game in Bridgeport. Why EA would program such behavior is well beyond me.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 October 28, 20:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying feature of this new patch (base game): The lights. No, not that problem, a new one.

Isn't it great when a sim leaves the house that all the lights switch off when they go, regardless of them having the Frugal trait or not? Yes? Well, how about when your sim, or any sim for that matter who is the last to leave any lot regardless of it being residential or community switches off the lights after themselves? In the park, the gym, the bloody scrapyard? Worse still, how about the huge park in Twinbrook when no sim visits it? All nice and dark until a sim pops by momentarily at 3am, and then all nice and dark again five minutes later.

You enabled this "feature" for community lots, EA? Good going.

On the other hand, at least the "Hangout" community lot setting actually does something now. Bar's packed in Twinbrook.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 October 28, 23:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was reading a thread on MTS where people are saying that the patch broke several custom windows. Apparently, the wall cut-outs aren't working for them and some are apparently causing crashes. Has anyone here had that problem? I have around 50 custom windows and I would try them all, but I'm in the process of weeding out most of my cc and re-merging the packages to see if it helps with my game problems.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 October 29, 11:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game is now crashing to desktop in live mode without a message or anything after a few seconds now. Any possible cause? Nothing except been in life mode seems to trigger it. CAS? Fine. Buy/Build? Fine. Townview? Fine. Live Mode? Crash. WTF?
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 October 29, 16:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What annoys me about the lighting situation is that off-lot lightsources, i.e. lamp posts work perfectly fine, with the light reflecting off entire walls of houses. If you want to see an example of this, load up Twinbrook and switch off all the lights in the laundromat. When night falls, the adjacent lamp post does a pretty good job of illuminating the side of the laundromat - all four floors of it.

Well, what I've noticed is that some of the game lighting seems to be site-specific rather than object-specific (I hope this makes sense... my computer parlance is nil). For instance, the Knack lot (Pheasant Hollow, 26 Puddlewick Drive) has two street lamps on their lot where the drive intersects the street. You can bulldoze the entire lot and the lighting effects remain even though there are no longer ANY street lamps in the area -- on the lot or off it.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: