More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:29:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2  (Read 71397 times)
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2
« Reply #25 on: 2010 October 27, 12:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone notice weird issues after patching? For instance, spirits in "Spirit Invasion" jobs, water and fire animation in springlers and firepits simply disappeared, after patching my game...
Did you check your mods folder before you complained here?  Take your no censor mod out of your game.  Seriously if you searched MOAR you would find that was the answer. 

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 October 27, 12:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an advice: if people ask, maybe is because they simply don't know how to do by themselves. If this make you angry, well dude, just don't join forums, pass by Smiley

I started writing here yesterday, I can easily stop today and find another forum. It's not complicated. Even for you.
Well, this is not the forum for you, clearly.

I can't install the patch to HELS, though I'm pretty sure I'm using the right version. Sorry for being a retard now - is it confirmed anywhere that updating every expansion instead of just latest + basegame is necessary? I mean, since the automatic update system doesn't patch everything and the game works and looks stable anyway.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 October 27, 13:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't very specific about Ambitions and WA fixes are they? Oh yeah, and i still can't fucking fix 0.0.0.0 launcher error. But i only use that for installing Sims3Packs anyway.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 14:18:50 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 October 27, 14:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people have issues with the HELS patch.  Just use the full patch and it works fine.  http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3SP01_3.8.6.009001_Update.exe
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 October 27, 14:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HELS incremental patch failed to update S3Launcher.exe on both of my comps, and I know I didn't mess with that file.  I figured I'd try the full update before reinstalling, and it worked perfectly.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 October 27, 14:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was not paranoid about the HELS patch after all. The one linked by Rothchild worked.

Oh yeah, and i still can't fucking fix 0.0.0.0 launcher error. But i only use that for installing Sims3Packs anyway.
If you can't get the game itself to launch it's basegame + latest expansion version mismatch. If not - do you by any chance have CAW installed? Outdated CAW caused Launcher bugs in my game before. You might need to remove it and wait for new release.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 October 27, 14:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. CAW ain't my thing so I never installed it.

I can get the game to load normally, it just bugs me how they all are normal except for the basegame
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 October 27, 15:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HELS incremental patch failed to update S3Launcher.exe on both of my comps, and I know I didn't mess with that file.  I figured I'd try the full update before reinstalling, and it worked perfectly.

Same here. Incremental failed on the Launcher Exe (which actually was not in the directory for whatever reason). Restoring it didn't do it ("Invalid File"), so full patch it was. Worked like a charm.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 October 27, 15:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely agree.

Then, GO.  Jesus, enough with the passive aggression already, Aggie.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 October 27, 15:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All patches installed, game works but launcher got more borked. Now it crashes when you load the game or just close it. You know, 'Sims3Launcher has encountered an error'.

The game still loads through the launcher or bypassin it so its just futher launcher fuck-upery.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 October 27, 16:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test version is out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 October 27, 17:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First impressions on the test version - no critical crashes upon loading my save (with no LN just yet). Changing boobiness and astrological sign worked through editsim. No need for new special commands, it seems. I'll play for a bit and see if anything horrible happens.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 October 27, 17:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely agree.

Ever heard the term "sarcasm", dude? It seems not. Bye.

Dude, you keep saying you'll give us delishus butthurt soup yet you're STILL around. STOP POSTING and fuck off, or stop posting and lurk moar. Both of these journeys start with the same step.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 October 27, 17:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely agree.

Ever heard the term "sarcasm", dude? It seems not. Bye.

Dude, you keep saying you'll give us delishus butthurt soup yet you're STILL around. STOP POSTING and fuck off, or stop posting and lurk moar. Both of these journeys start with the same step.

No shit.  Dude, you're flouncing off of a forum because you're far too sensitive and butthurt, not dying from cancer on a soap opera.  You don't really need a big, dramatic, drawn-out exit.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 October 27, 18:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the patch update for a sec. A quick peek in the options panel reveals a few changes:

Water and mirror reflections now has its own slider with four settings.
Number of high detail lots is now restricted to 8 for some reason.
Tree detail now has a "very high" setting.

Upping the reflections and tree detail settings to very high doesn't appear to do much except batter FPS, so they may as well be left on high. Why EA decided to drop the maximum number of high detail lots from 12 to 8 is anyone's guess.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 October 27, 18:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Grimma & jeromycraig

"Bye" was only a way to declare finished any other argues. Unfortunately it seems you both are too frustrated for anything else. I won't leave this forum because you say me to do. I don't give a fuck about what you say.

Have a nice day Wink

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 October 27, 18:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was asking for infos, nothing else. Maybe I'm too "sensitive" (in my country, we call it "politeness"), but you have some serious mental disorders: obviously my english is not good enough to be understood, but I never said I was leaving this forum.

"Bye" was only a way to declare finished any other argues. Unfortunately it seems you both are too frustrated for anything else. I won't leave this forum because you say me to do. I don't give a fuck about what you say.
There's a rule which applies in everywhere. When you go somewhere you act according to the rules of the place. On this forum stupidity is punished. People don't put up with your crap. They won't be nice if you fail to do some basic searching and reading. Don't use sarcasm, because that is making you look annoying smart-ass - people don't like that. If you want politeness, accept the fact that you were being a noob and don't ever do that again.

Now topic-related: my ghost hunter sim keeps getting "lost friend" moodlet while performing jobs. No idea if this is the new patch's fault, since I joined the profession after patching.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 October 27, 18:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the "full" patch - I was afraid it would come to that - different EPs - different region numbers. Which region number full patch to use?
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 October 27, 18:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the "full" patch - I was afraid it would come to that - different EPs - different region numbers. Which region number full patch to use?

How about the one for which you have the game for? It's not rocket science. Full patches are also only applied to one game (ie base or one of the EPs), so get the correct version for the one you want to patch.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 October 27, 18:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the one for which you have the game for? It's not rocket science. Full patches are also only applied to one game (ie base or one of the EPs), so get the correct version for the one you want to patch.

Ok, presumption #1 - My BG and AMB are region 2, HELS and WA region 1.
Presumption #2 - a "full patch" (the one that`s about 500 MB in size) patches EVERYTHING (base game, EPs and SPs).

Conclusion - there could be some issues with patching, b/c there is a region 1 full patch to d/l, as there is region 2 full patch to d/l. Now you tell me - which one would you pick?
Btw, I`m getting my patches from http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.17
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 October 27, 18:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conclusion - there could be some issues with patching, b/c there is a region 1 full patch to d/l, as there is region 2 full patch to d/l. Now you tell me - which one would you pick?
Btw, I`m getting my patches from http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.17

Conclusion: Don't use a "full patch" but patch each part individually?

Seriously. Is the logic of that not obvious?
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 October 27, 18:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumption #2 - a "full patch" (the one that`s about 500 MB in size) patches EVERYTHING (base game, EPs and SPs).

Read what he wrote;
Full patches are also only applied to one game (ie base or one of the EPs)
Presumption #2 is wrong.  You need a different full patch for base and each EP/SP.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 October 27, 18:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, a "full patch" is actually NOT a full patch, b/c it only updates either BG or EPs/SPs. Why are we calling it full patch then?

you know what, never mind, I really don`t give a fuck ATM. I`ll figure it out. THAT stupid I am not.

shut up Tongue
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 October 27, 18:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read what he wrote;
Full patches are also only applied to one game (ie base or one of the EPs)
Presumption #2 is wrong.  You need a different full patch for base and each EP/SP.

I was wondering about this mythical "full patch" but couldn't remember any patch being as big as 500 MB. Oh, well. I have to LURK MOAR and learn not to take noobs' words at face value. Got it.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 October 27, 18:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about this mythical "full patch" but couldn't remember any patch being as big as 500 MB. Oh, well. I have to LURK MOAR and learn not to take noobs' words at face value. Got it.
The full patch for base game is about 424 MB.  They're nice for when you reinstall, so you don't have to install dozens of incremental patches.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: