More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 00:38:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Quick Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 6212 times)
SocNerd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Quick Question
« on: 2010 October 24, 12:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really sorry if this has been covered already, but I did several searches and couldn't find the information I'm looking for.  My questions are about the Overstuffed Houses feature on Awesomemod, namely what allows a computer to support large, overstuffed households? Is it just the graphics card, or is there more? And how many sims should I be able to fit into one household if my computer is a new and decent (slightly above average) quality laptop? I've searched these questions and only been able to find answers for TS2. Once again, I'm sorry if I missed a thread about this somewhere. Thank you in advance.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 24, 13:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an exact answer for you (having 4 gbs of ram and a quadcore processor means X amount of Sims in-house) and suspect that such an answer is nigh-impossible, so I'd suggest you experiment.

It's not just the ram, processor and the video card that influence these kinds of things (though improving these could improve the amount of people and how smoothly it supports it) it's all kinds of other stuff, some of them game-related (how large is the neighbourhood? How many sims is it supporting and AI-ing? etc. etc). Experiment with your PC's limits, it's the only way to figure this out.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 24, 17:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one program that I use to help improve the game performance before I fire up a game. You could check out Game Booster. I don't have a high end computer to play a majority of games, but this little program  helps a lot by closing down the unneeded processes and open up more RAM when I switch from Normal Mode to Gaming Mode. Sims 3 seemed to play a bit better. There is no cost involved in using Game Booster.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 25, 18:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're unneeded, why not just get rid of things things permanently, like I do?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 26, 11:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting with crap such as "Game Booster".
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 26, 11:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about cleaning up some trash named Patrick to begin with? Little dipshits like you should be seen and not heard.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 26, 13:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about cleaning up some trash named Patrick to begin with? Little dipshits like you should be seen and not heard.

"HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH THE GOOD NAME OF 'GAME BOOSTER'?  Good DAY, sir!  I SAID GOOD DAY!"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: