More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 09:43:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  relative size of accessories.cache and groups.cache
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: relative size of accessories.cache and groups.cache  (Read 3945 times)
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
relative size of accessories.cache and groups.cache
« on: 2010 October 17, 07:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some cleanup of my downloads folder, which seems to have fixed a problem I was having with directx.  I noticed another change though, which does not worry me, but it does pique my curiosity.  In the process of cleaning the game I took the whole Sims 2 folder out for a while and put it back in.  Since putting it back in, I notice that the accessories.cache file is much larger than it used to be (about 20% larger) and the groups.cache file is about half the size that it used to be.  These are new files each time I play, as I delete them after each session.

In the past, the files regenerated at the same size each time (accessories was about 6.5K and groups was about 1.7K).  And now, the game is making the same size cache files every time too -- but in these new sizes.

Clearly, this isn't an earth-shattering question, but it's bothering me anyway.  What does the relative size of these files indicate?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: relative size of accessories.cache and groups.cache
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 17, 07:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fairly certain that at least one of them has to do with the amount of CC you have in your game, but don't quote me on that.
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
Re: relative size of accessories.cache and groups.cache
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 18, 01:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's true then there must be some other factor as well (since neither of them decreased by the proportion of number or volume of the custom content I removed).  I wonder what?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: