More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:53:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Editsim Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Editsim Problem  (Read 5229 times)
ShinySparklyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Editsim Problem
« on: 2010 October 12, 22:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've looked through this board for help with my editsim problem, and lots of people seem to have had it, but I haven't really found a fix for it.  Whenever I use editsim, most of the time I can't get out of it.  I click the accept button or the cancel button, but nothing happens.  Sometimes, if I click the accept button several times really quickly, it will work, but most of the time, nothing helps.

The only way to close out is to open the task manager and closing out.  I don't change the sims when they're pregnant or in their uniforms, just trying to keep all of my townies from looking the same.  It happens in all of my neighborhoods, and I made sure that none of my content is corrupt, but nothing's working.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Editsim Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 13, 07:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I've seen this. Anyone confirm or deny?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 13, 08:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can deny. I used editsim copiously during my recent Ugly Twins from Hell bout we talked about in grah, and there were NO problems at all.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 13, 10:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had my game lag there, but its usually when it's rewriting the cache files after I've
cleared them for one reason or another.  It hasn't indicated that they've waited for any
length of time.  My suggestion:

Walk away from it for a while, if it's still hung up after a substantial amount of time, then it's hung up.
I can't say how much time is 'substantial' enough, it really depends on your system configuration, which
I'm not psychic enough to figure out. 

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 13, 14:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read this yesterday and thought what a weird problem it was and how i never had it. That 3 or 4 hours later i was playing the game with no problems or lags and decided to change the look of a sim. I entered PLAN OUTFIT regularly via the dresser. Changed the outfit and when i pressed accept nothing happened. I tried cancel but same result. The game doesn't freeze it's just you're stuck in the CAS and none of the buttons are responsive. I opened the console and entered 'editsim'  to get out but it just opened the loading screen for the CAS and kept loading into eternity. I recently installed Fast Lane. I never had this problem before and i hope it doesn't repeat itself.
ShinySparklyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 13, 20:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editsim <simname> seems to be borked. After you make the changes to a sim and press the checkmark button (which usually redirects you back to the game), nothing happens. You are stuck in CAS and cannot exit by any means except closing the game.

that has happened to me if the sim (townie) I was about to edit was about to go to work and had their uniform on. (=not smart to play around with this on sims that aren't in the current household.)

Those people also had the problem.  I have left it for up to half an hour, and it still won't work.  It happened randomly before I installed Fast Lane stuff, but mostly worked.  I got the most recent version of awesomemod, and I update it whenever I get the flagrant system error that it's expired.  I used to never have problems at all with editsim, that's why I'm so confused.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 13, 22:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had any problems with editsim.  Could it be a problem with some CC causing a problem with FL or another mod conflict causing the issues?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 14, 02:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use editsim all the time and I never had any problems. Actually I just used it several times tonight making over townies in my game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 14, 06:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 October 14, 17:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen (a huge stall-out on editsim), but ages ago. Well before WA came out, for sure. No recent attempts I've done have resulted in a stall.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ShinySparklyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 October 14, 21:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can edit some sims, but others just cause the stall, and it's so random that I don't know when it will act up.  I thoroughly went through all of my downloads and made sure they all worked, but the problem is still happening.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 October 15, 04:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can edit some sims, but others just cause the stall, and it's so random that I don't know when it will act up.  I thoroughly went through all of my downloads and made sure they all worked, but the problem is still happening.

It isn't just a case of they all work, but whether they are causing a conflict which is getting caught in editsim.  You sound like you're getting the problem regularly, so why don't you try without stuff and see what happens.  That is dump your downloads and just leave AM in, start a new game so as not to cause a headache with your old game, and see if you recreate the problem, if not start adding shit back in slowly and keep trying.  If after adding everything back you still don't have a problem, you might have a corrupt neighbourhood, or sim/s in the old neighbourhood causing the problem.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 15, 14:27:08 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: