More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:00:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Help: Sim's cell phone not working. WA: latest patch +Awesomemod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help: Sim's cell phone not working. WA: latest patch +Awesomemod  (Read 9589 times)
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help: Sim's cell phone not working. WA: latest patch +Awesomemod
« on: 2010 October 11, 20:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family of two sims. The first sims cellphone functions normally. The second sim's cellphone button responds (ie: lights up and makes clicking sound) but no menu appears.

I've made other families to test if has something to do with multiple sims but everything I create works fine. The game doesn't throw any errors, and other than that, everything seems to be working.

I was under the impression that the cellphone was one of those "sacrosanct" objects, like the mailbox, that you really had to go out of your way to screw up. I haven't used any console or cheat codes.

Is there an easy flag to find or boolprop to set to get this sims cell service turned back on?

And please forgive me if this has been answered: i've tried searching here with no luck and google turns up so many irrelevant entries (due to cell phone being such a common phrase - along with SIM having a meaning in that context) it's useless for this.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: Help: Sim's cell phone not working. WA: latest patch +Awesomemod
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 11, 21:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to know if you are asking about Sims 3 phones? Boolprop is not used in the Sims 3.

I have never had a problem with the cell phones in Sims 3, from what I read, your sim is borked.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 11, 22:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely talking about Sims 3 since she has WA and Awesomemod. She's probably fallen into the trap of saying "boolprop" for "debug".

On the subject, I've never experienced or heard of any similar issue to this.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 11, 22:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking about Sims 3.  Just using "boolprop" as shorthand for boolean variable.

I haven't been able to find any other cases of it in any forums I've checked...

Maybe my Sim went over her minutes  Shocked

It's annoying, but as long as it's just a freakish occurrence, it's no big deal. You can pretty much do everything the cell phone is for from a computer I think...   I guess she'll just have to remember to take that laptop around with her.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 12, 00:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect you have already answered your own question within your original post.

I've made other families to test if has something to do with multiple sims but everything I create works fine. The game doesn't throw any errors, and other than that, everything seems to be working.

This tells me that the answer is probably a corrupted sim or household.

Have you tried fixall, or even maybe restsim?

Talking about Sims 3.  Just using "boolprop" as shorthand for boolean variable.

Why even bother using "boolprop" in association with TS3 as there is no requirement to type that in any of the cheat commands, as was the case with TS2, which is what may lead to people getting confused about whether your actually referring to TS2 or 3.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 12, 01:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens because the sim's inventory lost its invisible cellphone object. To cure it, first, empty the sim's inventory of all the things you want to keep. Then, delete the sim. Go to Edit Town, deselect the fambly, and reselect them, causing the deleted sim to respawn. Your phone should now work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 12, 01:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why even bother using "boolprop" in association with TS3 as there is no requirement to type that in any of the cheat commands, as was the case with TS2, which is what may lead to people getting confused about whether your actually referring to TS2 or 3.

I suppose my mind just linked it with The Sims. I supposed I should have just said "state flag".

thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to give them all a try now (well, not all at once obviously   Wink )
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 12, 02:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens because the sim's inventory lost its invisible cellphone object. To cure it, first, empty the sim's inventory of all the things you want to keep. Then, delete the sim. Go to Edit Town, deselect the fambly, and reselect them, causing the deleted sim to respawn. Your phone should now work.

This did the trick  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Maybe next someone does a google search for Sims 3 cell phone not working / Sims 3 cellphone broken they'll find this thread and be able to fix it. And maybe Makin' Magic will be the next expansion for the Sims 3...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: