More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:14:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two EA Games folders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two EA Games folders  (Read 9683 times)
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
Two EA Games folders
« on: 2010 October 23, 14:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a new hard drive the other day, wiped and put windows 7 on it, then installed Sims. An extra EA Games folder (with nothing in it) keeps appearing in my documents, in addition to the normal one. Whenever I delete it, it comes back. The game has been running fine, I just thought this was weird because I searched around and no one else seems to have had this happen with 7.

Also, I installed OFB, but none of the lots that usually come with it (the coffee shop, for example) aren't showing up in my bin.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: Two EA Games folders
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 23, 16:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that you are seeing a "shared" and "unshared" version of the folder.  I remember seeing something about this on modthesims, but I don't have a link.  Nothing to worry about, just ignore the extra folder.  If you want, you can test this hypothesis by adding something to the folder and checking whether another computer on your network can see it.

You can copy the OFB lot bin lots from the DVD.  They are inside a file named compressed.zip.  You'll need to navigate to TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog within the zip file, then copy them to the same location in your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business folder.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 23, 18:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that you are seeing a "shared" and "unshared" version of the folder.  I remember seeing something about this on modthesims, but I don't have a link.  Nothing to worry about, just ignore the extra folder.  If you want, you can test this hypothesis by adding something to the folder and checking whether another computer on your network can see it.

You can copy the OFB lot bin lots from the DVD.  They are inside a file named compressed.zip.  You'll need to navigate to TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog within the zip file, then copy them to the same location in your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business folder.

That's much less sinister than I thought. Thanks for the info.

Okay, sounds simple enough. Thanks again!  Grin

Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 23, 21:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. I get the exact same thing, and after deleting it always regenerates. I suppose it's harmless.

ENFP. God help you all.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 23, 22:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. I get the exact same thing, and after deleting it always regenerates. I suppose it's harmless.

I guess it's just a quirk of 7, then.

To kill two (or three) birds with one thread, I've been having another problem since installing 7 - every time I try to screengrab something running full-screen, like sims, I get a screenshot of the desktop, or anything that appeared on the screen as soon as I minimized the full-screen program (like if I had my documents maximized, I get a screenshot of that). I can't seem find a sims-specific answer to this problem.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 23, 22:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other people who have had problems taking pictures have sometimes had other programs that are bound to the printscreen key.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 24, 05:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows 7 uses Libraries, so what you see is the public documents and my documents.  You can remove the public documents from that library if it confuses you.  Tongue  In Library Right click Documents / Properties then remove the public documents folder.   As for the screenshots, try disabling desktop composition for the game.  Right click / Properties / Compatibility / for the .exe that you start the game with.  You may also want to disable themes.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 24, 13:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows 7 uses Libraries, so what you see is the public documents and my documents.  You can remove the public documents from that library if it confuses you.  Tongue  In Library Right click Documents / Properties then remove the public documents folder.   As for the screenshots, try disabling desktop composition for the game.  Right click / Properties / Compatibility / for the .exe that you start the game with.  You may also want to disable themes.

Disabling those did the trick, thanks.  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: