More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:27:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My dog is stuck in the ground
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My dog is stuck in the ground  (Read 7589 times)
SunkenDog
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
My dog is stuck in the ground
« on: 2010 September 30, 12:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim's dog just appears in the ground. In Sims 2. Only its head and some of its back shows. Using move_objects on does nothing helpful, and occasionally he'll come out, but then go back in before he can eat or do anything else, which means he's dying. When I try to make my sim interact with it, the square in the corner just goes away before she can do anything. I'm confused and it's really annoying, and I certainly hope it won't keep happening like this for the rest of my sim days. It doesn't happen with the cat, but it does with the dog.
My brother has put some downloads in the download folder, and I'm thinking that maybe one of them caused it, but I don't know which file it would be that's causing it to screw up. Anyone know how to fix this?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: My dog is stuck in the ground
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 30, 14:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sinking pets is a pretty well-known bug in TS2 Pets that occurs when you have a mod conflict or corrupt or incompatible cc.  If you didn't have this error BEFORE your brother put "some downloads" in the folder, and you DO have it NOW, what does that suggest to you that you should do?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 30, 14:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooo I know! I know! The answer is B) take off your pants and jacket. Did I win, jezzer?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 30, 14:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZOMG!  SOOZEL HAVE PSYCHIC POWAH!  :O

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
SunkenDog
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 01, 00:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sinking pets is a pretty well-known bug in TS2 Pets that occurs when you have a mod conflict or corrupt or incompatible cc.  If you didn't have this error BEFORE your brother put "some downloads" in the folder, and you DO have it NOW, what does that suggest to you that you should do?

Yeah, I figured I should probably delete them, but I just wanted to know if there was a way to identify WHAT mods are affecting it. I guess it's a process of elimination. Thanks.
jylla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 01, 01:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize you don't have to delete the stuff in the folder? This doesn't make much sense if you plan on doing elimination. Right? That would be rather stupid. Gah.
Aimlak
Blathering Buffoon

Touched by His Noodly Appendage

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 01, 02:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it doesn't know how to even do a simple search, it's probably better off just deleting it all anyway. It might wanna delete the whole Downloads folder while its at it, to avoid any future cc errors.

Quote from: Assmitten
Oh COME NOW Mr. Serious, we both know there's people who like to be digitally watched while they digitally fellate someone in a platypus suit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 01, 06:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 01, 10:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't this an inteenimator problem?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 October 01, 13:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't this an inteenimator problem?

It can be a lot of different things.  It's basically the "jump bug", but for animals.  I had it in my game once too, and I've never had Inteenimator.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: