More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:42:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Styling Sculptures | Ambitions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Styling Sculptures | Ambitions  (Read 6502 times)
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Styling Sculptures | Ambitions
« on: 2010 September 29, 18:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that it's not possible to change the style/textures on the sculpted items. I assume this is because you could sculpt a statue in wood and then change the texture to wood or whatever, beating the purpose of choosing the material. But it's also impractical when it comes to decorating since the colors would be off for that theme. Wood is always that damp color, stone is always that dark black color. So is there any way to make these sculpted items stylized?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
Re: Styling Sculptures | Ambitions
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 29, 20:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could always try opening them up in TSRW or s3pe and adding a mask or deleting an overlay.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 30, 06:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones in buydebug look much better so I've been just using those for decoration. For most of the stone statues, they used a white marble texture that looks way better than the ugly dark stone used from the sculpted ones. It would be nice if someone could fix it so sculpted statues could be retextured in CASt, though.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 11, 21:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sculpted items have a material effect applied to them, on top of not being CASTable. SO even if they could be styled, you wouldn't see a difference. That's why any item can be given any of the statue effects- it just applies a material to them.

So if there were CASTable versions, they'd have to be bought from the catalog as unique objects, rather than being CASTable straight from the sculpting platform thing. But even that's only a half-solution, because then you no longer have to actually sculpt the item to get access to it- you just buy it. That makes sculpting pointless.

ALTHOUGH, I believe that you can add new items to the list of sculptables. So a complicated solution might be to remove the original sculptables, tell the platform to sculpt CC replacements which are CASTable, and tell Wood to make the one textured with Wood or Metal to make the one textured with metal...but that's just guessing.

But as far as I can tell there's no simple solution to make objects *both* sculpted and CASTable. It's either one or the other. And it's not very fun to sculpt something, then force delete it, then buy it so your sim doens't lose out on sculpting skilling and earning these sculptures.

AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 11, 23:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it sounds like a lengthy approach for a trivial thing. I thought a less time consuming solution would be an option, but it's not worth to go through all that. Just placing and styling the statues from de-bug is well enough for me, and whatever sculpted statue is not fit for the room can be placed for consignment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: