More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:19:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to decrapify with The Compressorizer Redux!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to decrapify with The Compressorizer Redux!  (Read 72876 times)
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to decrapify with The Compressorizer Redux!
« on: 2010 September 23, 21:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been lurking and have become fed up with the stupid people who can't decrapify, so I have written a tutorial:

1. Download The Compressorizer Redux! http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

2.Extract it to a easy to find folder and download the s3rc-win.rar from here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/tools/s3rc-win.rar

3.Extract and copy the files from s3rc-win.rar into the folder you extracted The Compressorizer and replace the files with the new ones.

4.Run CompressorizerRedux.exe.

5.Change the mode to decrapify, then click Add Files To List, select the folder where your sims3packs and the store fixes .packages are (best place a new folder on your desktop) and click OK.

6.Click GO! and wait for your files to decrapify.

7.When finished close the program and move the sims3packs to your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder, run the launcher and install your sims3packs.
Note: you may need to install the sims3packs in chunks of 100 packs as the launcher may not install everything at once (like mine for some reason)

8.When the launcher has finished the store content should be installed. Then move the store fixes .packages to your My Documents\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Overrides folder (if you don't have a overrides folder make one) and add this line to the top of your resource.cfg file:

Priority 501
PackedFile Packages/Overrides/*.package

This will make the packages in the overrides folder, override the store objects in .dbc or any other content, allowing the fixes to work.

IMPORTANT EDIT: If you had un-decrapified (crapified) store stuff in your game (i.e .packages) before you switched to decrapified store stuff you will need to follow the bellow steps (A,B,C), as this fixes the missing object/clothes/hair problems you will get on saved lots, Sims and game saves and saved recolors.
If you did not have any store stuff installed or are only installing new stuff you are done, finished.

A.To decrapify your saves and stuff, back up your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder, open The Compressorizer, click choose file types and click select all. MAKE SURE Recursive? IS CHECKED and add the following folders to your list from your Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder: Library, SavedSims, Saves
EDIT: You will also have to decrapify your userPresets.package if you have saved recolors of store stuff.

B.Make sure the mode is on decrapify and click go, and wait until it is finished.

C.When done close the program, and your game saves and saved sims/lots will be decrapified

Note: If you download a lot, Sim, recolor or world that used a store item you will need to decrapify the file to fix the missing object/clothes/hair problems. (I included world because say if you decrapified Riverview and world uses the Riverview town hall the object will be missing)
Also I don't know what will happen if you mix crapified and decrapiffed store content together as i have only decrapified stuff in my game.

BTW these are J. M. Pescado's notes about decrapifying:
EXPERIMENTAL "DECRAPIFY" OPTION!
Caveats:
1. Permanently and irreversibly alters the target package/s3pack. Due to the type of damage involved, the game will see the decrapified object as a seperate object from a non-decrapified object. Any saved game that used these objects or skins will be broken as a result, but...
2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages in your .sims3), PRESETS (userPresets.package), and LIBRARY.
3. DECRAPIFIED saved or exported items containing CRAPIFIED content will malfunction in a non-decrapified install.
4. THIS PROCEDURE IS EXPERIMENTAL!

THEREFORE:
Do not share decrapified packages, only share original unmodified packages.

There done was that hard?

Edited to put more info in.
Edited again to make note the store fix .packages need decrapifying and putting in the overrides folder [steps 5 and 8]
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 23:45:48 by ascarrott » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: How to decrapify with The Compressorizer Redux!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 23, 21:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm certain that the tards who have thus far failed to search and find the multiple OTHER threads on this subject will suddenly start searching now, and here this thread will be.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 27, 13:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is exactly what this tard has been searching for. Thank you, ascarrott. Your begrudging patience and reluctant willingness to help are much appreciated.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 27, 13:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO HELPING THE TARDS.

This one is entitled enough, without giving it reason to be all uppity.

Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 27, 14:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO HELPING THE TARDS.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really feeling the love.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 27, 15:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

love.

That doesn't exist here.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 27, 18:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO HELPING THE TARDS.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really feeling the love.

You might want to work on your sarcasm. Your assumption that everyone should love you and want to help you is mildly amusing, but hardly original. Your attempts to shame us into better behaviour could be more creative.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 27, 22:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your attempts to shame us into better behaviour could be more creative.

No less futile, mind you, but extra creativity would amuse us while we spork you.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 28, 00:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sporked by better basement dwellers than the ones I've found here.

As I said in my first post, take what you give.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 28, 00:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ach, not even worth running a book on this one.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 28, 07:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sporked by better basement dwellers than the ones I've found here.

As I said in my first post, take what you give.

You know, I still don't know what you think this means. Do you think that those of us doing the sporking can't take what we dish out? Because I can assure you, that is NOT the case at all, though that's a nice bit of projection there. The other alternative is that you mean that we have to take YOUR sporking? Because, honey, that's just sad. Your "sporking" is so lame and self-righteously pitiful that it's not even lulzy or entertaining, just dull dull dull.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 28, 10:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you think your 'sporking' is anything otherwise? The same old tired responses to every post, the same en masse 'Gah! Normal person! Get them off my board!' reaction.

You've got some good info here, granted, but it's so buried under all your pseudo geekier-than-thou attitudes that I just really can't be arsed trying to find it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 28, 10:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you think your 'sporking' is anything otherwise? The same old tired responses to every post, the same en masse 'Gah! Normal person! Get them off my board!' reaction.

You've got some good info here, granted, but it's so buried under all your pseudo geekier-than-thou attitudes that I just really can't be arsed trying to find it.

Sweet as, we can't be arsed with you either, sillysuzie.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 28, 13:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, Suza Lee, if you had actually bothered SEARCHING for answers to your question, you would've found help right off the bat. PROTIP: If you SEARCH for your question in that little box labeled "search" you can find wonderful things. Use quotations around your question to narrow it further. If you did this, you would see that MATYzens are VERY helpful, WHEN IT IS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE HAS ASKED THE QUESTION.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 28, 13:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, the silly bint apparently found what she needed on her first try, and THEN decided to draw focus by pissing and moaning about HOW MEEEEEEEN we are before anyone had the chance to be properly mean to her.  That's like jumping out in front of on-coming traffic and yelling, "OMG!  THEY TRIED TO KILL ME!"

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 28, 13:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect she is ronery and has no friends.

Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 September 28, 14:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me for assuming that the instructions for the software would be IN THE SAME THREAD. I see this was a foolish, schoolgirl error. Of course the instructions would be on a totally different forum for ease of access. How remiss of me.

I have friends, rohina. Amazing what I found out about you on my searches, though. At least my friends exist outside 'The Matrix'. I suspect yours all live inside your PC.

jeromycraig (What? Can nobody here capitalise their usernames?) I actually found it by accident, after many searches in which I read many, many posts from a core bunch of forumers abusing any and all members who had the gall to post because they were a bit lost.

I can only apologise for my inferiority, etc. I was out in the real world while you were all hacking The Sims.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 28, 14:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet here you are, participating in a virtual flame war.  Tell me, did your "real world" help you with your game?  Did you find what you were looking for here?  Did anyone help you?  So you are saying answers can be found HERE, without hand-holding and coddling?  What exactly is your argument, that we are SO MEEN?  Solution: take your nice back to your "real world".  You say you do not like it here, then the answer is simple.  Get out.  Go frolic in the daisies with your friends.  But no, you'd rather stomp your feet over the injustice of MATY. 

To what avail?  Are you winning?
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 28, 14:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me for assuming that the instructions for the software would be IN THE SAME THREAD. I see this was a foolish, schoolgirl error. Of course the instructions would be on a totally different forum for ease of access. How remiss of me.

Good! Admitting our failings is the first step to being less stupid. Here's another lesson for you, two for one style: If people weren't stupid asses, asking stupid questions that have been answered before and making threads about it, you wouldn't be so cruelly misled by thread titles, nor would you have to wade through so much tard-droppings. I know, horrible, isn't it?

I have friends, rohina. Amazing what I found out about you on my searches, though. At least my friends exist outside 'The Matrix'. I suspect yours all live inside your PC.

With your sanctimonious bullshit, I suspect that your "friends" all hate you as much as we already do.

I can only apologise for my inferiority, etc. I was out in the real world while you were all hacking The Sims.

There there. I know that it hurts to be inferior, but we can't all have the same gifts and stuff, now can we. Of course, that doesn't mean that we want your tard-stink wafting throughout our virtual house the entire time, so maybe you need to re-evaluate the forums you hang out at, maybe add places a bit more friendly and less helpful - coz you can't have both here. Maybe some place that only uses ZOMG NETSPEEK or one-syllable words would be more suited to your intellectual prowess (or lack thereof). Look at someone like Boobzilla - why she had every mental illness in the book including but not limited to Assburgers, dyslexia and Bipolar, and yet she couldn't understand that inferior people like yourself and her should not be playing here where the adults are talking.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 28, 15:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, look at the superior little snowflake who is so unsophisticated she assumes forum personas and real life have some kind of connection.

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 29, 10:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't normally post, since I'm not much for the sporkings and such, but SuziQ - insulting all of us who know about, as you say, pop culture from 30 years ago, well, most all the people i -know-, who are normal by my book, know Monty Python.  At least you aren't a 'normal' person who thinks that u is a proper word.  But really, coming into someone's house and throwing badly satirized insults at the denizens is just plain stupid.

You are also assuming that just because we are here figuring things out that we don't know what the Real World is.  I'm sure most all of the folks here are quite familiar with it.

PS, real world does not mean sitting in front of your TV watching soap operas and eating bonbons.  That's just a different form of escapism.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 29, 10:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only apologise for my inferiority, etc. I was am realizing my inferiority out in the real world while you were all hacking successfully playing The Sims.

Fixed!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: