More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:04:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Transferring downloads from backup folder to the active one
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Transferring downloads from backup folder to the active one  (Read 6424 times)
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Transferring downloads from backup folder to the active one
« on: 2010 September 25, 22:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reinstalling, i have placed the old mods folder into the newly-made ts3 documents directory.
A common procedure when it comes to ts2, but, seems it can't be applied to this game.
Not a single file appears in the game, yet, the files i've installed on top of those are working. Being in the same folder moreover.

Is a file-by-file reinstallation necessary, or am i missing something obvious here?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Transferring downloads from backup folder to the active one
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 25, 23:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

frame work? EP's? Search Moar?Huh??

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 25, 23:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything in order. Trust me, i wouldn't be posting here if i hadn't looked under every single rock.
After experiencing the mentioned, i have installed a few new files, without removing anything, and those files appeared.
At the moment i am trying to reinstall the older ones and see if there will be a difference.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 25, 23:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your resource file points to the right filepath AND file types, I'm assuming?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 25, 23:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your resource file points to the right filepath AND file types, I'm assuming?

Correct.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 25, 23:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are talking about the downloads folder for store items that will not show up by just placing the items from the old downloads folder to the new one.  You would actually have to have the dcCache folder from your old install.  Then all of your old store items will show up.  If you are strictly talking about the Mods folder those should not have to be "installed".
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 25, 23:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reinstalling, i have placed the old mods folder into the newly-made ts3 documents directory.
This process works just fine for me when I reinstall the game.  So it must be something you have done, or haven't done.

Everything in order. Trust me, i wouldn't be posting here if i hadn't looked under every single rock.
What a crock of shit.  If this were true everything would be WORKING.  Why does everyone say this when they have a problem, thus making it nearly impossible to fix because they won't consider that they fucked up.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 25, 23:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are talking about the downloads folder for store items that will not show up by just placing the items from the old downloads folder to the new one.  You would actually have to have the dcCache folder from your old install.  Then all of your old store items will show up.  If you are strictly talking about the Mods folder those should not have to be "installed".

This could be the issue.

What a crock of shit.  If this were true everything would be WORKING.  Why does everyone say this when they have a problem, thus making it nearly impossible to fix because they won't consider that they fucked up.
I'm not sure how that implication is of any relevance to this topic.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 26, 00:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be the issue.

If you didn't make a backup of your Sims3 folder before uninstalling and you are missing all of your store items, then you would have to get all the .Sims3Pack files and reinstall those.  If you downloaded them from here then you need to follow the process for decrapifying them, etc.  If you actually bought them from the Store then you can go online and re-download and install from the store.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 26, 00:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the suggestion, imyourboy.

On another note, reinstalling .package files (moving them out of the folder and double-clicking them back in) made them readable.
Odd issue, but possibly solved.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 26, 02:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how that implication is of any relevance to this topic.

The relevance is that it becomes impossible to diagnose, let alone fix a problem, when the person with the problem is convinced they did everything right.  What happens is that when they are asked about something, they blindly reply that everything is right, without actually checking properly, or at all, because they are so convinced in their own little mind that everything is RIGHT and that checking is a waste of time because they believe it is RIGHT.

The classic is the number of people bitching and moaning when the game fails to load because they fucked up the framework.  They swear blind that the framework is right, and everything is perfect, and refuse to consider any advice about the framework being wrong, and in the end, they sometimes sheepishly admit their framework wasn't right, which was the cause of the problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 26, 07:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The relevance is that it becomes impossible to diagnose, let alone fix a problem, when the person with the problem is convinced they did everything right.  What happens is that when they are asked about something, they blindly reply that everything is right, without actually checking properly, or at all, because they are so convinced in their own little mind that everything is RIGHT and that checking is a waste of time because they believe it is RIGHT.
True, yet if it wasn't for that annoying little fact, a lot of repairmen would be left without a job.
Sadly, i must declare that i am a pretty serious person when it comes to gaming, so i assure you, even though you have only my word for it, i indeed did check everything twice.

Another thank you for imyourboy. Replacing the dcCache folder with my previous one made some files appear. I'm supposing they are from the Store.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 30, 03:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, I must declare that I am a pretty serious person when it comes to gaming, so I assure you, even though you have only my word for it, I indeed did check everything twice.
If you had, in fact, checked everything (even once, let alone twice), the problem would have been solved. What you did, however, was check everything that you could think of. Fortunately imyourboy was able to think of more "everythings" than you were.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: