More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:39:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAW Issues and Errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAW Issues and Errors  (Read 3819 times)
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
CAW Issues and Errors
« on: 2010 September 24, 19:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest CAW and all of the sudden am having problems. If I open a world done before this version it crashes with terrain painting.

I have spent 2 days working on a new world and it just crashed when terrain painting. I went back to see how much was lost and cannot open the last save as it says it is a packed file! WTF? I did not pack it.

Needless to say I am darn irritated at the moment. Am I just lucky or is anyone else having this? Any solutions?

---------------------
Edit:  I used cff Explorer to allow CAW to use over 2GB and so far am terrain painting. I never had to do that with the old version. So, the main issue is why did the file pack when I did not do it???
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 20:33:57 by daisylee » Logged
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: CAW Issues and Errors
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 27, 13:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for sharing your solution to your crashing problem.

I doubt your save file actually got packed. It's much more likely that it got corrupted, due to CAW crashing while it was accessing it. The error handling code in CAW is likely not sophisticated enough to tell the difference between a packed file and a corrupted one.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 27, 17:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does make sense. It did not occur to me at first that CAW would need the 2GB update like the game does. I have been working more and painting with no crashes ... so that is good.

I do have one other odd thing, and that is the program is putting saves in a 9-24 backup folder. So, I have 9-25 and 9-26 saves in there. Very odd. I don't know why it is doing that, but now that I know it is doing that, at least can find them.

Thank you for the reply.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 27, 23:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used CAW since the first beta version (It simply takes longer to build a world than I care to devote to the task), so I don't have an answer. I can only guess.

First, I'd try poking around the menu to see if there's a setting for where to save. Probably under Options.  Or, like many Windows programs, it might default to the folder where it last saved a file. If so, when you want to save a new copy, choose Save As and then select a different folder in the same window that you choose a new name.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: