More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:01:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  N00b here asking for some help.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: N00b here asking for some help.  (Read 10591 times)
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
N00b here asking for some help.
« on: 2010 September 09, 22:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure how to post my problem so bare with me.  I used the Fast Lane torrent I got from Vitality and I installed it accordingly to what my husband understood.  (I have "broken" one laptop already trying to fix a problem so he does all the dirty work.)  I used Daemon to mount it .  And got it to update.  Now when I play it I can be on for like 30 minutes tops then it crashes.  Then have a wonderful blue screen comes on to tell there was a boo boo and that I am going to have to restart.  Could it be it was talking to EA and telling the Mothership of my tom-foolery?   
So what exactly do I (or he) needs to do?

"No I didn't say you were dumb, I just called you mentally retarded.  If I thought you were dumb, you wouldn't have an excuse."
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: N00b here asking for some help.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 09, 22:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure how to post my problem so bare with me.  I used the Fast Lane torrent I got from Vitality and I installed it accordingly to what my husband understood.  (I have "broken" one laptop already trying to fix a problem so he does all the dirty work.)  I used Daemon to mount it .  And got it to update.  Now when I play it I can be on for like 30 minutes tops then it crashes.  Then have a wonderful blue screen comes on to tell there was a boo boo and that I am going to have to restart.  Could it be it was talking to EA and telling the Mothership of my tom-foolery?   
So what exactly do I (or he) needs to do?

Yes. That is exactly what the problem is. Clearly you are not fit for piracy on the high seas, reformat your computer and give it to someone smarter than you.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 09, 23:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well everyone has to learn somehow.  I am sure you didnt wake up one morning and go "Man I feel like I am a prodigy of pirate!" Everyone learns this from someone but I figured out my problem and its not the tom-foolery part but thanks for the kind words!

"No I didn't say you were dumb, I just called you mentally retarded.  If I thought you were dumb, you wouldn't have an excuse."
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 09, 23:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually it helps, if you post a question and then later find a solution, to post what the solution was to the problem that you posted, rather than just state that it is fixed.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 10, 00:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well everyone has to learn somehow.  I am sure you didnt wake up one morning and go "Man I feel like I am a prodigy of pirate!" Everyone learns this from someone but I figured out my problem and its not the tom-foolery part but thanks for the kind words!

Clearly, we should be grateful for the chance to help a complete stranger who has contributed absolutely nothing to this forum and we will probably never hear from again.

I sing along with elevator music.
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 10, 00:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How rude of me, I apologize.  Here are the steps I took:

1.Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2.Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow (yes there is a space after sfc) The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. This scan make take a while to complete.

(Yes I ripped these off the help screen said husband took it from)
Also I only tempted this because my husband is constantly on TPB so with his knowledge of being a pirate I embarked on it.  I know you really dont care but that is my reasoning.  As for not contributing you never know, you may get lucky and never hear from me again.  Then again I hear Karma is a bitch so dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 10, 01:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fact that your first post included something a basic google search could answer strongly indicates that you did zero research before posting. If you had, you would know that MATY eats n00bs.

As for not contributing you never know, you may get lucky and never hear from me again.  Then again I hear Karma is a bitch so dont count your chickens before they hatch.

I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean. If you want to continue to make posts like these, no one is stopping you. That's the funny thing about the internet: everybody has the ability to make an idiot of themselves if they really want to.

I sing along with elevator music.
sevrine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 10, 01:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Yes I ripped these off the help screen said husband took it from)

I don't think I have ever seen a post by someone more identified with being a "wife" -- I now need to re-watch episodes of "Bachelor Pad" to clear my head.  I guess this individual is what all of the men spend two months salary on a diamond in order to obtain.  So much for female engineers and programmers.  If *husband* can take care of it, why bother?
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 10, 01:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I am married and I dont know how much my husband spent on my engagement ring I really dont care.  I don't work and I take care of my daughter.  I am a military wife so, Yeah I rely on my husband for alot, I am a smart girl but I sometimes feel the need to ask help in regards to whatever in life ails me.  But my fortitude is not computers, as for my husband he works long hours and I was just trying to speed the process of my game working.  Hence the reason asking for help.  I got the info from here so I figured I would see if anyone else had the same issue. 

I remember when I got Ambitions my DEP kept closing the damn program and I went to the message board to try and find a solution. I found it and I in return fowarded it other people who had the same problem.  That was the real reason for the post.  To see if others had my problem.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 10, 04:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure how to post my problem so bare with me. 

We don't know you well enough to take our clothes off. How hairy is your butt?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 10, 05:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I have ever seen a post by someone more identified with being a "wife" -- I now need to re-watch episodes of "Bachelor Pad" to clear my head.  I guess this individual is what all of the men spend two months salary on a diamond in order to obtain.  So much for female engineers and programmers.  If *husband* can take care of it, why bother?
Well, to be fair, the wife says similar things, only she refers to me as the "male", and considers my taking care of something in the same sense that one might delegate a minion to do it. I suppose it's all in the tone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 10, 12:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you really dont care but that is my reasoning.  As for not contributing you never know, you may get lucky and never hear from me again.  Then again I hear Karma is a bitch so dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Is this the point where you say you are not going to share your simpoints with us? OH NOES

- INTJ -
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 10, 12:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, the wife says similar things, only she refers to me as the "male", and considers my taking care of something in the same sense that one might delegate a minion to do it. I suppose it's all in the tone.

Yes, tone is important, as is a dismissive "this is too menial for my talents" look. I tell you what, though, if I delegated something to my male minion and he failed to manage to accomplish it, I won't be posting for help on his behalf - I'd expect him to find help his own damn self. HE's the one who failed, after all, and I'm not his mom, doing his homework for him so that he'd get the best marks and make me look like such a wonderful mommy for managing to raise such a smart boy.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 10, 19:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now when I play it I can be on for like 30 minutes tops then it crashes.  Then have a wonderful blue screen comes on to tell there was a boo boo and that I am going to have to restart.  Could it be it was talking to EA and telling the Mothership of my tom-foolery?

The fact that you got the game to run at all means you successfully installed it and the crack. The game doesn't secretly connect to EA while you are playing and check your install for legitimacy.

BSOD usually means it's a PC/OS issue, not a game issue. Best I can give you with the information provided is the typical support response of "Update your drivers and try again."
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 10, 22:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now when I play it I can be on for like 30 minutes tops then it crashes.  Then have a wonderful blue screen comes on to tell there was a boo boo and that I am going to have to restart.  Could it be it was talking to EA and telling the Mothership of my tom-foolery?

The fact that you got the game to run at all means you successfully installed it and the crack. The game doesn't secretly connect to EA while you are playing and check your install for legitimacy.

BSOD usually means it's a PC/OS issue, not a game issue. Best I can give you with the information provided is the typical support response of "Update your drivers and try again."

DO NOT HELP THE IDIOTS.

Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 13, 04:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tingeling-
I never said I wasnt going to do that.  In fact I think that was some other persons retort after someone mocked them about registration being hard.  Having people I have never met talk shit to me isnt going to ruin my self worth.  I find most of what you write quite hilarious so if you are going to make me cry or get angry I think you will have to try a little harder.  I was asking for help that is all.
Sanati-
Thank you I did eventually got it to work.

Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 September 13, 10:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone's getting a little butthurt.
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 20, 01:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Nope not getting butthurt, sorry to disappoint you.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 20, 03:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Nope not getting butthurt, sorry to disappoint you.

Oh yes, you are. I've seen some butthurt in my time, and this, my friend, looks like butthurt.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 20, 17:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new person...

Welcome to MATY and have a nice cup of tea!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 20, 23:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure how to post my problem so bare with me. So what exactly do I (or he) needs to do?

I know I will be castigated for helping you. But here goes. [I can take it - just.]

Search Moar.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 22, 15:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Rayne date=the entire damn thread
HELP ME! I'M TOO DUMB TO SEARCH! STOP MAKING FUN OF ME! WHIIIIIIINE! NO, I'M NOT BUTTHURT! CAN'T YOU TELL? I'M LAUGHING! WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE I'M LAUGHING! WHIIIIIIIIIIIINE!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: