More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:06:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Question About Order of Installation & Patching
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question About Order of Installation & Patching  (Read 50083 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Question About Order of Installation & Patching
« Reply #50 on: 2010 September 24, 05:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that was already covered by at least TWO OTHER PEOPLE jamming their egos in and out of a tub of vaseline, thank you.

The juxtaposition of this with your avatar's blowjobface was totally worth the $50 and the days of nagging, amirite?

Chillingly, that's the last thing his adoptive son sees before lights go out every night.  Sad

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 September 24, 05:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was a reaming face - since Shouty! Vole! is so ridonkulously unreliable and quite frankly, disturbing WANTING TO FUCK HIS ADOPTIVE SON WTF?, that it's constantly being torn a new one to alleviate the crap that obviously can't exit through any other means (i.e. ass) because of constant reaming.

Also, OpiumTard - really, you sound just like YiffTard/Asstear/Celestard's kinky 3-way love/haet child. You should work on that or sue your parents, or yourself. Or something.

ETA: Fuckin' posting, how does it work?
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 05:44:08 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 September 24, 13:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install TS3's stuff packs and expansions?  And it says, during the installation, "NOW PATCHING previous versions"?  What that means, you see, is that it is PATCHING PREVIOUS VERSIONS, which has nothing to do with the launcher, because it is part of the AUTORUN INSTALLATION PROCESS, you fucking idiot.

1) You trust EA's installer to work better than their Launcher? Why?

2) Even assuming the installer is better programmed, it is still limited to whatever patch EA put on the disk when it went gold, not the current patch. Fail.

3) The installer has never patched my game. Instead, it likes to complain that I'm already patched to a newer patch than it supports.

4) You're late. Do you really need Claeric to graphically point that out?

5) Your ridiculous changes in font size make you look like a shouty tard. Is that how you want to look?

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 September 24, 14:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install TS3's stuff packs and expansions?  And it says, during the installation, "NOW PATCHING previous versions"?  What that means, you see, is that it is PATCHING PREVIOUS VERSIONS, which has nothing to do with the launcher, because it is part of the AUTORUN INSTALLATION PROCESS, you fucking idiot.

1) You trust EA's installer to work better than their Launcher? Why?

2) Even assuming the installer is better programmed, it is still limited to whatever patch EA put on the disk when it went gold, not the current patch. Fail.

3) The installer has never patched my game. Instead, it likes to complain that I'm already patched to a newer patch than it supports.

4) You're late. Do you really need Claeric to graphically point that out?

5) Your ridiculous changes in font size make you look like a shouty tard. Is that how you want to look?
1-3)  When you're doing a fresh install of all the disks, each one patches the others before it.  It is an automatic process, and if the last disk is a very recent release, it patches your entire game to date.  You CAN procure all the patch files yourself beforehand and not have to rely on the installer, but that is an unnecessarily bothersome and idiotic task.  Yes, the launcher is flawed, but there is a point where your EA paranoia starts to make you look like a tinfoil-hatted moron.

4) There isn't really a statute of limitations in place here.

5) Given your reading comprehension failures, I had to make sure you didn't miss the salient points.  My responses are always tailored to meet the Special Needs of the person to whom they are directed.  It is that personal touch that means so much.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 September 24, 14:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how cute, a noobtard lecturing a senator. Aren't you just the most precious thing ever?

As Snowbawl already pointed out jezzer is the number one champion of third party patching programs. He was merely pointing out to the stupids that EA does apply a patch to previous games when installing the next one. I'm sorry you're too stupid to have figured that out. It's got to be hard not having a brain. Sad

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 September 24, 19:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could I just point out that Opium Girl has been here since 2006, posting the same retarded shit. Those of you who think pointing out her stupidity is somehow going to make a difference might as well waste your time smashing your heads up against the brick wall that is the Whale.

My point, exactly.

For the record, I *am* hip, I just can't help it...(e-hem)   Grin but, if I really, really wanted to be hip, I would have more posts and hang around more often. Perhaps I hope for a little love when I am around. Love me when I'm gone..... (singing).
The most posts I ever made in one spread was on ugly sims. People got really touchy about it. Geez. Sorry, but so many Sims are just plain ugly, yet there are all these kids who scream "ooooo hawwwwt!", and, upon seeing the same images, well I'm usually saying "Ugh, I just vomited in my mouth for a moment." I don't care if you like me or not for it.   Grin

Before that, I was always very civil. Kiss

EDIT 1:  Nothing could ever make me hate you, rohina. Have at me, say what you will, I'll never budge. Smiley

EDIT 2:
 Just a note:
If I had secretly been *lying* about getting my game all fixed, then it *may* just be that I got someone to divulge the information I needed a few posts back.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 21:05:30 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 September 24, 22:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this pastiche of sentence fragments and smilies was intended to make me hate you, instead of being indifferent, congrats, it worked.

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 September 24, 23:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the launcher is flawed, but there is a point where your EA paranoia starts to make you look like a tinfoil-hatted moron.

There is a difference between conspiracy theories and recognizing patterns of poor quality control.  Thanks for playing, please try again!

Oh, how cute, a noobtard lecturing a senator.

Being a senator is supposed to mean something?

Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 September 25, 00:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a difference between conspiracy theories and recognizing patterns of poor quality control.  Thanks for playing, please try again!

Cyberdildo, if you feel the need to hunt down each and every patch file yourself and apply them between game installations, feel free.  The results are going to be the same.  It still doesn't negate the fact that you decided to show your ass by jumping into a discussion with "ZOMG LAUNCHER HAET!!!!!11!" when the launcher wasn't even being discussed.  I'm sorry that the launcher touched you on your no-no hole when you were a 6, but it's time to stop seeing launchers around every corner and lurking under your bed.

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 September 25, 02:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok jeromycraig, you finally gave me a chuckle. At last, a witty insult instead of merely acting like a belligerent ass. I knew you could Be Less Stupid. That's all I really wanted.

About hunting down patch files, there's no need. The 3rd party patch downloader over at MTS is good at doing that for me, and in fact I already have the patch files thanks to it.  Others here have said you're a major proponent for this patch downloader, so I find it odd that you have yet to mention it.

Anyway, I have not yet had any need to uninstall and reinstall my game, but if I did I would simply install them in release order and then use the patch downloader to insure that everything is properly patched to the current patch.  I don't suppose you have any complaints about that plan?

At this point, I'm willing to concede the argument. I was just poking you for not including the patch downloader in your advice anyway. In the meantime, I'm checking my closet for launchers.  Tongue

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 September 25, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok jeromycraig, you finally gave me a chuckle. At last, a witty insult instead of merely acting like a belligerent ass. I knew you could Be Less Stupid. That's all I really wanted.

Aw look, someone has a crush on jezzers. HOW SWEET.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 September 25, 03:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like "someone is a patronizing asshole who is all hat and no cattle, and has a crush on jermy." And it is sweet like antifreeze.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 September 25, 03:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like "someone is a patronizing asshole who is all hat and no cattle, and has a crush on jermy." And it is sweet like antifreeze.

So he is a Brokeback wannabe cruising MATY for sexy mens?  Well that explains a lot.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 September 25, 03:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About hunting down patch files, there's no need. The 3rd party patch downloader over at MTS is good at doing that for me, and in fact I already have the patch files thanks to it.  Others here have said you're a major proponent for this patch downloader, so I find it odd that you have yet to mention it.

The reason I didn't bring up the patch downloader from MTS in connection with Opiumtard's issue was because AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, it was irrelevant to the issue.  Right now, installing all the EP's in order will result in having your game patched to the most recent version without having to do anything but install.  If another patch had been released AFTER Fast Lane came out, I'd be all about promoting the patch program (actually, in this case, I'd STILL be mocking her stupidity, but someone with a working brain who needed advice would be told about the MTS patcher).

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 September 25, 05:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this pastiche of sentence fragments and smilies was intended to make me hate you, instead of being indifferent, congrats, it worked.

Oh, alright. Unfortunately for me, being hated by you does not make me feel unique in any way. Alas, I am just one of many. If, on the other hand, you professed your love (or even like) for me, I might feel like the only person in the world. (I refrained from using another a smiley right here, just to cool down your hatred for me before your back end erupts, much like a whale might do.)

Just an update:
Sadly, unless anyone objects, I'm closing this thread since there is a whole thread on this very topic. I am going to leave it for tonight to let anyone who wants a last word have at it. I hate to end the fun, but I also hate to leave a useless thread open. I would like to thank you all for participating. In particular, I would like to thank a few very (un)special people (Claeric, Jeeves and Jeromycraig) for making me realize that there truly are people more useless and moronic than myself. (I really could have used a smiley here.)

Oh, and thanks for answering my question! (I hate to gloat, but.....)
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 September 25, 05:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really have to announce every little mundane task you perform?

"BREAKING NEWS:  Having relieved myself, I shall now blot my lady parts with a tissue."

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 September 25, 05:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update:
Sadly, unless anyone objects, I'm closing this thread since there is a whole thread on this very topic. I am going to leave it for tonight to let anyone who wants a last word have at it. I hate to end the fun, but I also hate to leave a useless thread open.

I am enjoying this delusion you have of having mod powers. We're not done here until everyone who wants to spork you has sporked his or her fill.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 September 25, 05:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I thought I had that power. I guess someone *does* object, then.
Okay, spork away then! I'm ready for more, baby.

Do you really have to announce every little mundane task you perform?

"BREAKING NEWS:  Having relieved myself, I shall now blot my lady parts with a tissue."
I just caught this post... it was that easy ignore, I guess.
But God, JeromyCraig, (and I say this with a big grin on my face) you are so freaking lame. Just keep going. Keep trying. Eventually, you may actually say something that someone cares to hear.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 25, 05:46:21 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 September 25, 06:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO at LamiumLameGirl pointing the lame finger of lameness at anyone else.

Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 September 25, 06:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm somewhat confused as to how the same "unspecial" people get their names listed in damn near every post. You must deem them fairly important if you find it necessary to drone on and on about nothing of any importance to anyone. Feel free to continue droning though; your pathetic attempts at insulting people are somewhat humourous. You know, in a pathetic sort of way.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 September 25, 06:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO at LamiumLameGirl pointing the lame finger of lameness at anyone else.

INORITE! It can't even install and patch THE SIMS, and it's so consistently boring and fail that I conclude that its attempt to make off my awesome senator as being "lame" is just an admission of how deeply disturbed it is by how great jezzer is.

It's like saying "Oh, Gandhi is just a coward" while KNOWING that you yourself would never in a million years be able to obtain his level of brilliance and self-sacrifice and be able to mean something constructive to the world.

This realization (that someone is SO much better than you that you'd never even START catching up) is so damaging to the Id that the subject's Superego must then attempt to cast said superior person into the reality of what the subject sees in and about itself, in order for the subject to continue the illusion of self-worth and esteem - thus Gandhi becomes a coward, because the subject actually (correctly, though mostly subconsciously) perceive THEMSELVES to be the coward.

In the same way, OpiumLame continues to deride Jeromy, because it KNOWS that it itself is so full of fail that the ONLY thing it is ABLE to succeed in is failing throughout the course of its life.

It's all very clear and basic, really.

Its delusions of mod powers as natural, unquestioned and its due also bears out this theory - I really did lol at THAT particular bit of stupidity.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 September 25, 13:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was particularly amused when it announced, "This conversation is over, and I shall now swan off to be boring and stupid somewhere else," waved its hand, and the thread didn't close.

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 September 25, 15:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought The Butt was supposed to be a specialist in intelligent meanness. I'm disappointed.

I said my peace. Take it as you will.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 September 25, 15:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how someone says their "peace"? "HI I AM PEACE?" I mean, that makes little to no sense at all.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 September 25, 15:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought The Butt was supposed to be a specialist in intelligent meanness. I'm disappointed.

Ok, let's think about this for a moment.  You think that "touching your no-no hole" is intelligent wording, yet frown on rohina's well-turned phrase.  Yeeeah.  
Why don't you just spread those cheeks a little wider, bend over a little further and give it a little wiggle.  Small furry creatures might be enticed by your no-no hole; which, I am sure, would suit you just fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: