More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:12:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Question About Order of Installation & Patching
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question About Order of Installation & Patching  (Read 50072 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Question About Order of Installation & Patching
« on: 2010 September 22, 01:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been searching for some information on this for a greater part of the evening.
There is a lot of information on this, per say, but none of it really in one place and none that actually answers the exact questions I have.

It would be great to have a clear and concise explanation from some smart-arses... oh, I mean, smarties like yourselves who have been around for awhile.
I've been slightly out of the loop, so I've gotten a bit behind.

What I'm wondering is this:
I have seen the posts concerning order of installation, but with the "stuff" packs, I'm still unclear.
What order should one install everything to date that is out and should any of the patches be installed in between installs?

When I say everything to date, I mean:

The Sims 3
TS3 - World Adventures
TS3 - Fast Lane
TS3 - High End Loft
TS3 - Ambitions

1. If I install them in that order, will I be safe from harm? (I remember how touchy TS2 was about order of installation)
2. Also, should I be installing any patches *in between* installs?
3. And, lastly, is the 4.2 patch preferable as opposed to any of the others available?

I've tried to clearly map out my questions to allow for the least amount of work on your part. If someone would be willing to answer those questions, I would be most grateful.
Thanks guys, for any help.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Question About Order of Installation & Patching
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 22, 01:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're so worried about install order, why would you install them in any order other than the order they came out? Are you retarded?
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 22, 01:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, yes slightly... or perhaps mightily. That's why I'd like some help.

Perhaps, and correct me if I'm wrong... but perhaps, well could it be that you might be too retarded to help me out?

'Scuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin..

Edit: How strange it is, but while I was reading through the "Ambitions: What's borked" thread, I ran into a little thing that I think you might be interested in seeing... I know, it's hard. I hate to be the one to break it to you... But, you very well may be just like me.. I'm sorry, truly sorry. (Note the word *cielings*, in case you still aren't sure how it should be spelt-ed-ed.)

On the contrary, I was enjoying the CAS music, there's some cute new general town/cas/etc music in this one.

Did anyone notice the logo on the load screen is ridiculously off center? <_< This is pretty Borked to me. I'll be updating my Sims 3 Load Screen mod to work with this for sure.

I can CAST floor edges...but not cielings. :\
« Last Edit: 2010 September 22, 01:54:01 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 22, 01:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly seeing how glitches with a new expansion pack have anything to do with being too stupid to think for half a second.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 22, 01:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it was fun to make fun of you. Pure and simple. Mwahaha.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 22, 02:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should someone that can't spell "per se" properly really be going around calling people "smart-arses" and "too retarded"?

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 22, 02:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you asked that. My answer happens to be, yes, yes they should. Why, you ask?
Well, this is why, my friend, Jeeves.

Per se is a perfectly acceptable way of spelling it. Spoken by the people in the Urban Dictionary.  Cheesy While it may not be your definition of *correct*, it is still perfectly acceptable. I will still be loved if I use it out in general public, even if you, Jeeves, do not appreciate or love me for it.  Roll Eyes

Edit to add:
Taken from the Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=per%20se
Latin borrowing meaning "in and of itself", used in certain fairly specific, idiomatic contexts in casual English. Is typically used with a negative to indicate that a term being used is understood to be imprecise or off-the-mark (i.e., not accurate 'per se') in a case where the term is nevertheless useful to an explanation. Usually followed by an explanation or justification for the use of the term indicated. It is as well sometimes used preceding a term indicated, especially in more formal (e.g., legal) usage. In these contexts, usually used in the positive to reinforce a characterisation as fundamentally being the case (i.e., 'per se' accurate).

"It's not that I consider it a 'joke' per se. It's just that I don't think it takes the subject quite seriously enough, under the circumstances."

Now that we've got that out of the way, is there anyone who might be interested in saying something a bit more..... helpful? I have learned that I am retarded, along with another friend who happened to share my disability quite equally, here on this forum.

Though it is not in my nature to be unkind, I happen to have no issue giving back any sh*t that is slung in my direction. Once it's slung, it's fair game, and so are you. Plus, I don't take it personally and even enjoy a good bout of banter.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I'd still love some information. Perhaps we can mix a little useful information into our commentary? What say you? What say we? Per se, smart-arse and so forth? Amen?

« Last Edit: 2010 September 22, 07:59:47 by OpiumGirl » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 22, 02:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the beginning of some bizarre love triangle?
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 22, 02:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two retards and a very good speller/spellie/spelter? Sounds a bit.. smutty and obscene.
I'm in.

******Edit:*******
Here's a bit of info I found while searching around for answers.
http://joscmh90.blogspot.com/2010/01/installation-guide-for-sims-3-razor1911.html

I wonder if anyone can verify that the patches in between are crucial, or if the patches are already included in the newer expansions. If I remember correctly, with TS2 the patches would be included in the newer ones most times.
I also wonder if these steps are more important because they are cracked games, or would they be the same for the retail versions?

I've already begun the process of installing, so I'll find out soon enough, but I'm still curious as to what you guys think since I have no idea how much that guy *really* knows outside of the whole torrent and crack process, though he does mention MATY a couple times in the article and certainly does sound like he knows what he's talking about in ways. Perhaps one needs to be more careful and specific when using those. I don't know. It's obvious that English is not this guy's native tongue, so don't be too hard on him. Smiley I deserve it, but he doesn't, heh.

If I installed all the games, one after another ending with the most recent (which happens to be Fast Lane Stuff, if I'm not mistaken), and didn't open the game once until the Fast Lane Stuff was installed, would I be safe just ending with that and then patching it (if there even is a patch for that yet)? Would all of the patches be included as each addon was installed?

I know somebody knows what they're talking about where this is concerned. I've seen enough knowledge in this place to write an Encyclopaedia Sims.

I'll wait it out until that special someone comes along, and whistle a happy tune.

« Last Edit: 2010 September 22, 03:49:11 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 22, 15:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you asked that. My answer happens to be, yes, yes they should. Why, you ask?
Well, this is why, my friend, Jeeves.

Per se is a perfectly acceptable way of spelling it. Spoken by the people in the Urban Dictionary.  Cheesy While it may not be your definition of *correct*, it is still perfectly acceptable. I will still be loved if I use it out in general public, even if you, Jeeves, do not appreciate or love me for it.  Roll Eyes

Edit to add:
Taken from the Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=per%20se
Latin borrowing meaning "in and of itself", used in certain fairly specific, idiomatic contexts in casual English. Is typically used with a negative to indicate that a term being used is understood to be imprecise or off-the-mark (i.e., not accurate 'per se') in a case where the term is nevertheless useful to an explanation. Usually followed by an explanation or justification for the use of the term indicated. It is as well sometimes used preceding a term indicated, especially in more formal (e.g., legal) usage. In these contexts, usually used in the positive to reinforce a characterisation as fundamentally being the case (i.e., 'per se' accurate).

"It's not that I consider it a 'joke' per se. It's just that I don't think it takes the subject quite seriously enough, under the circumstances."

Now that we've got that out of the way, is there anyone who might be interested in saying something a bit more..... helpful? I have learned that I am retarded, along with another friend who happened to share my disability quite equally, here on this forum.

Though it is not in my nature to be unkind, I happen to have no issue giving back any sh*t that is slung in my direction. Once it's slung, it's fair game, and so are you. Plus, I don't take it personally and even enjoy a good bout of banter.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I'd still love some information. Perhaps we can mix a little useful information into our commentary? What say you? What say we? Per se, smart-arse and so forth? Amen?

Urban Dictionary isn't a real dictionary. It's the creation of a bunch of illiterate 12s who wanted to justify their poor vocabulary and spelling skills by creating a comprehensive "dictionary" of stupidity and slang.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 22, 15:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG, you people are so ignorant! 

It's from the fucking LATIN, which means it is, in fact, spelled "PER SE" and NOTHING ELSE! I know, I know, "but you pronounce it purr say" - and I'm here to tell you that Latin doesn't give a rat's ass about how retarded you must be to have to have everything spelled to conform to *your* version of pronunciation in a language that didn't even fucking EXIST yet at the time this phrase was coined. Oh cold cruel world indeed.

Edumacation, get u sum.

I know I'll regret asking, but how exactly, Jeeves et al (and this includes you, OpiumDeluded, with your "it may not be spelled *correct* per se, but meh, if Urban Dicktionary approves it that's good enuff 4 me!"), were you planning to otherwise spell said phrase in contention?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 22, 18:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'll regret asking, but how exactly, Jeeves et al (and this includes you, OpiumDeluded, with your "it may not be spelled *correct* per se, but meh, if Urban Dicktionary approves it that's good enuff 4 me!"), were you planning to otherwise spell said phrase in contention?

I was thinking the same thing. I've graded quite a few papers written by borderliners and I've NEVER seen it spelled any other way. I just assumed the spelling was too simple to botch for people smart enough to hold a pencil. I, too, would like to see an example of such botching.

To help with the OP's original problem, I can offer you my experiences but YMMV; I only had to patch base game up to a certain point to install WA, the rest went fine without patching. The instructions for how far I had to patch came with the torrent.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 22, 20:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG, you people are so ignorant!  

It's from the fucking LATIN, which means it is, in fact, spelled "PER SE" and NOTHING ELSE! I know, I know, "but you pronounce it purr say" - and I'm here to tell you that Latin doesn't give a rat's ass about how retarded you must be to have to have everything spelled to conform to *your* version of pronunciation in a language that didn't even fucking EXIST yet at the time this phrase was coined. Oh cold cruel world indeed.

Edumacation, get u sum.

Wow, gee.... I had no idea.  Roll Eyes I really thought the Urban Dictionary was all that there was.
You have no sense of humor and are way behind on the wit. It's useless, isn't it....

smellyarmando,
You WIN the smart people award today. Thank you for the bit of advice.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 22, 20:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit!  I never win ANYTHING!
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 22, 20:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my eyes, you will always be a winner. For being YOU. (I got that from a Hallmark Card)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 22, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my eyes, you will always be a winner. For being YOU. (I got that from a Hallmark Card)

Oh sure, give me the crappy CONSOLATION prize.  I hate all of you!
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 September 22, 21:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the same thing. I've graded quite a few papers written by borderliners and I've NEVER seen it spelled any other way. I just assumed the spelling was too simple to botch for people smart enough to hold a pencil. I, too, would like to see an example of such botching.
Like this, apparently:
There is a lot of information on this, per say, but none of it really in one place and none that actually answers the exact questions I have.
Do pay more attention: Jeeves was insulting the OP retard for spelling it incorrectly - the quotes around "per se" there were not scare quotes (intended to imply that the spelling is wrong) but simply standard syntax for delineating a string literal.
As for the OP retard's... um... I guess "refutation" is at least what it was INTENDED to be, I'm afraid parsing that is far above my pay grade. Maybe if Huffpuddle hadn't gone full retard, we could get a stupid-to-English translation up in hyah, but that doesn't seem likely anymore.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 22, 21:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no! Not CRAPPY! It came from my heart!

(This has nothing to do with you, snowbawl. I just happened to be on my way to say:)

It used to be much easier to get help here. While it's fun making fun of people who think you're ignorant for making fun of the ignorant (which makes *them* ignorant to humor and wit), I much more enjoyed getting answers and having them be what the MAIN topic was.

I will rise to the times... but will the real SlimMATY please stand up? I miss actually talking shop. Where are all the evil AND witty AND smart AND helpful people that were willing to help during ye olden days? I didn't care if they were mean. At least they added useful things. Smiley

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 22, 21:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<bawww snip'd>
All your questions were answered - by the likes of Claeric, no less. If THAT doesn't tell you how stupid the question must have been, then nothing will.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 22, 21:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting boring.
You seem like too smart a fellow (or gal) to be wasting your time with petty and unimaginative tit for tats like that. But, I guess it's not my business what you do with your time, Tsenatserix.

Added:
It would be "more stupider" for a person to blindly install everything. I took the "safe" route to ask my fellow simmers and walked into a den of wolves...  Cheesy And though I made it out in tact, I am no more informed than before. I think.... I think I actually *lost* some brain cells in this conversation.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 22, 22:00:14 by OpiumGirl » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 22, 21:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting boring.
You seem like too smart a fellow (or gal) to be wasting your time with petty and unimaginative tit for tats like that. But, I guess it's not my business what you do with your time, Tsenatserix.

He likes to fuck salt.  I don't think he minds if you watch.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 22, 22:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All that salt-fucking might make one more *bitter* than salty....  Roll Eyes

Edit:
I actually just ran into some information for anyone who came into this thread to learn something.
I never know really how much to believe when I read it on different sites, but it's always good to have different opinions. What I hoped for myself here was to gain knowledge from someone who had actually done it. Smellyarmando (I'm sorry I called you smelly) offered some expertise, for which I am molto grateful. Since no one mature (and informed) would probably have stomach enough to read to the bottom of this thread, let alone respond to it,  I may never get any real information.  Roll Eyes
Anyway, I found this of MTS. Not sure how the linking system here works anymore, so I'll explain that if you 'google' MTS 'Game_Help:TS3_PatchingEPSP', it will bring you to some info which you might, at very least, add to your arsenal.

« Last Edit: 2010 September 22, 22:36:03 by OpiumGirl » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 September 22, 23:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, here's an idea:  go BACK to MTS.  And STAY THERE.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 September 23, 02:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My, my, they just keep getting wittier and wittier. That one was ingenious. Thanks for putting me in my place.  Roll Eyes
Unfortunately (for you), I'm not going anywhere. I enjoy being reamed. It makes me feel at peace, knowing someone is more miserable than me.
Nice try at getting me out of here, buddy, though a bit of a lame attempt.  Roll Eyes

Added:
I have been cataloging the steps I've taken installing the EPs and Stuff Packs, so I will post it when/if I get everything up and running correctly for those who are looking for info.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 23, 02:51:43 by OpiumGirl » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 September 23, 03:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been cataloging the steps I've taken installing the EPs and Stuff Packs, so I will post it when/if I get everything up and running correctly for those who are looking for info.
If you're stupid enough to need a step by step guide on how to install the fucking game, we're really not going to hold our collective breath for you to get everything up and running correctly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: