More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:52:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Script Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Script Error  (Read 10774 times)
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Script Error
« on: 2010 September 16, 19:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep receiving this script error when the game fails to load.

- <FSE>
  <Error>Story Driver Initialization Error! System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' #0: 0x00000 in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) (14D36C60
  • ) #1: 0x00002 call in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes () () #2: 0x00028 callvirt in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:RegisterToadings () () #3: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:WorldStartup () () #4: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.Driver:Startup () () #5: 0x00015 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:_WorldInitialize () () #6: 0x00000 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:WorldInitialize () () #7: 0x000c9 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState:Startup () () #8: 0x00012 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:StartupCurState () () #9: 0x00018 call in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:SetState (Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineState) (14552CE0 [14577FA0] ) #10: 0x0009c callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Update (single) (1456BEE0
  • ) #11: 0x00017 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Simulate () ()</Error>
 </FSE>

I see that it does mention "Awesome" quite a lot, which I assume means something is going wrong with the mod. How do I fix the "Microsoft.VisualBasic" or "Story Driver Initialization Error!" issue and what is causing this?

If it helps, I'm running Windows 7 x64.

I had another mod framework (not AwesomeMod) that worked, except it disabled the mouth sliders (I'm not certain if that was just an issue with some of the various body sliders that insert into the mouth category). Thus, I've tried to put in a different one to see if it fixes that problem. Now I just get stuck at the loading page (though it is clearly working because the nointro.package is working) with this error.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 16, 20:12:50 by Nile » Logged
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
Re: Script Error
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 16, 23:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuck at the loading page?  FRAMEWORK FAIL.  Check to see whether you have installed AM correctly.  I remember with the old framework, if you didn't have the d3dx9_31.dll file, you couldn't run core mods, but other mods would work fine.  I don't know about the new framework, though.

ETA:  By the way, I don't think you quite get what a mod framework is.  The framework is the set of folders and files that you need to run mods in the first place.  The new, EA-sanctioned framework contains a mods folder in the My Docs game folder with the Resource.cfg file and the Packages folder.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 16, 23:27:24 by Vermilion » Logged
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 16, 23:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the C:\Users\MY NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder set-up as instructed with resource.cfg in the Mods folder.

I wonder if the problem might be that I have the base game updated to 1.15.34/2.10.5/3.6.6/4.0.87 instead of 1.14/etc... as stated to be the compatibility in the rtfm.txt file... and the fact that for some bizarre reason I cannot get Ambitions to update at all even with manual patches. The base game wouldn't update (but the two middle ones did!) until the other expansion installs updated the former.

I just tried the Awesome Mod updater, but running as Administrator and it made the game load with the fps limiter, etc... It also said that it moved 1 file. Was this what I did wrong before? Ah, never mind. It's still stuck at the loader. Much faster, though.

I will attempt to reinstall the framework again.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 00:04:15 by Nile » Logged
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 16, 23:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If 1.15.34/2.10.5/3.6.6/4.0.87 is the sequence of numbers you see on the Launcher, then the game should already BE patched.

ETA: I suggest using Delphy's Framework Installer at MTS2.  You can get it here: http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014.  You'll need to register, though.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 00:00:42 by Vermilion » Logged
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 17, 00:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'm already registered.) I tried Delphy's Monkey Bars and it said that the installation appears okay.

Should I do a complete do-over of the installation?
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 00:14:21 by Nile » Logged
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 17, 00:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FAIL - you still have the old framework!  The Monkey Bars installer has been out of date for months and does not take into account the new framework.  Download the tool I linked too, delete ALL the old framework, and run the framework installer.  If that doesn't work, you FAIL even more.
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 17, 00:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link you just gave me is what I downloaded!

And I did the framework update using the new framework files/instructions posted at the top of this forum page. It's not an old one.

I'll delete and re-do as you say.

And done. I'm starting up the game. No script error file has popped up yet.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 00:21:59 by Nile » Logged
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 17, 00:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, that was my fail.  I thought you were referring to the old Monkey Helper.  If it's not a framework problem, then I really can't help you, as this is well beyond my area of expertise.  Get someone else to help you.
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 17, 00:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for trying to help anyway. I'm probably failing somewhere, but haven't identified where yet. But yes, it's still stuck at 99% of the way through the green loader bar with another "script error" file popping up in the Sims 3 folder.
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 17, 00:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that doesn't signify framework fail at all then.  Framework fail causes the loading bar to stay firmly at 0%.  I suggest let it run for at least 15 minutes to see whether the game loads.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 17, 00:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove everything. CC, user files, framework, try running a completely vanilla game. If you need AM for the NO-cd, because you have Arrr'd your copy, go to gamecopyworld and get the no-cd from there. Back up your .exe and the .dll it replaces and try running the game using the no-cd.
This eliminates whether the issue is with something you put in, or if it's the install files themselves. If it works fine, then add AM and see if you still get the error. Then just keep going from there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 17, 00:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for trying to help anyway. I'm probably failing somewhere, but haven't identified where yet. But yes, it's still stuck at 99% of the way through the green loader bar with another "script error" file popping up in the Sims 3 folder.
Attach the script error and I'll see if I recognize what's going on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 17, 01:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if you couldn't figure out what's going on from this script error message, I was planning to go back to square one with a vanilla game. That was my next option.

The file is attached.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 18, 18:06:13 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 17, 01:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to put the .d3dx9_31.dll file in your game bins just in case that's the problem.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 17, 14:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.15.34/2.10.5/3.6.6/4.0.87
Your Ambitions installation is unpatched.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 18, 18:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error seems to indicate you have some kind of bad file clogging up the loading process. The game seems to be trying to read some kind of Visual Basic file that DEFINITELY DOES NOT BELONG IN THE GAME.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: