More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:49:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crazy Issue of Craziness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crazy Issue of Craziness  (Read 4142 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Crazy Issue of Craziness
« on: 2010 September 12, 03:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the topic title, but words failed me in composing a concise precis of this issue.

So, before I reinstall ....

My AM required updating, so I updated. No other changes were made to the game which was working fine apart from the usual random occasional crash/lock-up.

First attempt to run game produced the EAxian warning of "unofficial content" which rang alarm bells but I forced and ignore to see what else occurred and got the entirely more helpful AM warning of a critical core mismatch. I then removed all my small amount of cc excepting AM and tried again. Same result.

The program files folders are unchanged, so I then deleted all the cache files and pulled out the saved games from the saves folder. Problem still there.

Anyone got any clever ideas to avoid a tedious reinstall?

Duh. RL or delete this topic please. I just discovered the new patch. Doh.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 12, 04:03:49 by Mirelly » Logged

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Crazy Issue of Craziness
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 12, 04:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newest AM requires patching, I believe.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 12, 05:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM will always be updated to the newest patch. Although the download page doesn't say it, the current AM in the directory is for the newest patch set. Patch all of your EPs and SPs and try again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 12, 09:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah. Not using the Launcher, I suppose I ought to follow the news on patches more keenly. Brain was still running on fumes when I was trying to fix the issue, but three cups of tea later, the camelliaceous goodness reached my dehydrated brain cells and I had a eureka moment.

Can this thread now be decently interred in RL where it belongs.  (Where we can argue the spelling of camelliaceous with MOAR fight.)

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 13, 22:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah. Not using the Launcher, I suppose I ought to follow the news on patches more keenly. Brain was still running on fumes when I was trying to fix the issue, but three cups of tea later, the camelliaceous goodness reached my dehydrated brain cells and I had a eureka moment.

Can this thread now be decently interred in RL where it belongs.  (Where we can argue the spelling of camelliaceous with MOAR fight.)

What does the Luncher have to do with it? Just patch manual. All of the windows patches have been linked to, and I'm sure someone somewhere has the address for the mac one by now.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 14, 07:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I would like for this thread to remain alive a little longer. My problem is sort of related.
I have the latest AM and I patched manually (no internet access on my gaming PC). I have WA & AMB. The patching process seemed to work out fine, yet when I try to start the game, it tells me something about the base game version not matching the EP. It's driving me crazy, I have no idea how to fix it.

Edit:
Oh, wait, ignore me. I was being a fool.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 14, 07:59:21 by Heodez » Logged

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: