More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:32:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wry mod no werk?--Solved, I think
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wry mod no werk?--Solved, I think  (Read 6903 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Wry mod no werk?--Solved, I think
« on: 2010 September 12, 02:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disclaimer: This is not an awesome mod.

Okay, here's the deal. I downloaded Cijon's BiggerBills mod. I put it in the game. It no werk. I did the usual; took out all other mods. No go. Took out all CC. No go. Tried a different house and a different neighborhood. Nada. Then I put it in a clean installation that I use for testing. It work. Working backwards, I added in CC in batches and my other mods. It still worked. So, my question is: Does anyone have any clue as to why a mod would behave this way? I've scanned folders for covert hacks and such and manually looked through every folder.

I know the usual procedure is to ask the maker of the mod, but Cyjon's mods are posted pretty much without support on his site (though I have sent an email; I haven't gotten a response yet). I am completely flummoxed by this one.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 13, 05:25:58 by reggikko » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wry mod no werk?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 12, 03:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you simply did not wait for the mod to take effect, and were looking at an old bill generated before the mod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 12, 03:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are bills generated when the mail carrier arrives or before? This was the first set of bills on the lot.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 12, 03:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put Cyjons Bigger Bills mod in, just a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be working fine for me, and I have a heavily modded game.

I don't know if the first bills matter, I didn't notice, but i get a mailman everyday and it does seem like the sims get bigger bills now.

Good Luck.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 12, 03:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so weird that it will work in one game configuration and not another. I've now played through to a second set of bills and it still isn't working. My Sim *did* get a Chamber of Commerce coupon, which is odd since there are no Community Lots in this neighborhood yet. I hate it when I can't figure something out! I have quite a few of Cyjon's mods and they've always worked perfectly.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 12, 10:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly silly question: Did you delete the cache files in The Sims 2 folder? Groups.cache seems to be the main offender for sometimes,  at random, holding on to information of things that you've taken out of your downloads. That the mod didn't work in your normal folder sans CC but did work in your clean building install suggests Groups.cache is the culprit.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 12, 16:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I deleted all .cache files and the Neighborhood manager. I'm still completely puzzled. It's like something is embedded in my game somewhere that I can't see, but is interfering somehow.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Wry mod no werk?--Solved, I think
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 13, 05:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like it is the AL buyable mailbox. What threw me off is that it worked in a clean game. I think that if the mod goes in before the mailbox, it will continue to work. If the mailbox is already there, it won't. That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. I need to go to bed and stop fooling around with this. I might test out my hypothesis later. Or not.  Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 13, 06:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are probably right, reg. Ancient Highway has a similar mod to Cyjon's higher bills mod and cloned letterboxes interfered with the way his mod worked as discussed here:-

http://www.ancienthighway.net/smf/index.php?topic=41.0

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 13, 15:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I put that mod in and when it also did not work, I started working backwards again and finally got Cijon's working.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: