More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:08:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Camera Files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Camera Files  (Read 2666 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Camera Files
« on: 2010 September 07, 06:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have overlooked it, but am I right when I say there's no camera file that would allow you to force the camera to follow a set of specific rules?

Sims 2 had a camera mod that made things Isometric like Sims 1, but you could rotate it 360 degrees, and the sound didn't work because as far as the game was concerned you were really far away but zoomed in. I'm wondering if something similar (but better) can be rigged for The Sims 3. I am well aware that it is ridiculous to try and make a fully 3D game go back to being isometric like it was 10 years ago. But there's just something fun about that camera angle.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Camera Files
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 08, 00:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have overlooked it, but am I right when I say there's no camera file that would allow you to force the camera to follow a set of specific rules?

Sims 2 had a camera mod that made things Isometric like Sims 1, but you could rotate it 360 degrees, and the sound didn't work because as far as the game was concerned you were really far away but zoomed in. I'm wondering if something similar (but better) can be rigged for The Sims 3. I am well aware that it is ridiculous to try and make a fully 3D game go back to being isometric like it was 10 years ago. But there's just something fun about that camera angle.
Specific rules how? Couldn't you just change it so that it's default pitch and height was set to overhead? There is the VideoCamera.ini that was the old way of modifing the camera but now you can do it in .package format. Aikea Guinea makes the Camera mod I use.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Camera Files
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 08, 05:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Specific rules to keep it from pitching. IIRC, the Sims 2 one also had some in depth tweaking that kept perspective from changing- just like in the sims 1(instead of how, if you were to change the camera to be the right angle, you'd still see perspective change as you moved the camera).

It seems I did overlook the proper file, but it's meaningless anyway, because even after changing the values to match the Sims 2 values (those that exist in the file, at least), nothing changed. For example, the Sims 2 file implies the static pitch is 30. So I set Min pitch and Max pitch to 30, but was still able to pitch the camera without issue.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: