More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:51:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3  (Read 38160 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« Reply #50 on: 2010 September 10, 13:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about when an event, either good or bad, happens the promotion music plays instead
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 September 10, 13:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that all the "event" icons on the map have changed to a star, including the adventure icons in WA, but I don't know if that's a bug or a "feature".  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 September 10, 15:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that all the "event" icons on the map have changed to a star, including the adventure icons in WA, but I don't know if that's a bug or a "feature".  Tongue

That's not new. It's been like that since Ambitions came out. They also added a very ugly effect to all location/opportunity etc. icons that show in town view.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 September 10, 15:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not new. It's been like that since Ambitions came out. They also added a very ugly effect to all location/opportunity etc. icons that show in town view.
Ah.  I was too busy playing with the new AMB stuff to visit the foreign locations, and didn't notice the change until after I had installed the new SP.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 September 10, 15:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone noticed a major slowdown after installing FL? I removed it and my game is fine again,
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2010 September 10, 15:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah.  I was too busy playing with the new AMB stuff to visit the foreign locations, and didn't notice the change until after I had installed the new SP.

No, you're not alone. I only get this with the latest patch. I get that "dee do do dee do do, DEE DO DO DEE DO DO" music constantly, but only after the patch. I didn't realize this is what was happening, though.
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 September 10, 18:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone noticed a major slowdown after installing FL? I removed it and my game is fine again,

I did. Probably my computer though.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 September 10, 19:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is taking longer to load things, but I think it cleared the caches when it installed is all. It got better after a while and is still getting better.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 September 10, 19:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it seems that the new patch screwed up caw aswell. Does anyone have the dl link to the newest world tool?

Yes, they said on the first post of this thread that EA said to download a new one. There is a thread around here that tells you how to get it. Just view the page source for the EA page that it is on, and search the page for the .exe, then use the address it shows.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 September 11, 01:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  My saved games are actually loading faster than before the patch and FL, and game play runs the same as before, maybe slightly better, but not enough to go wow.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 September 11, 02:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you're not alone. I only get this with the latest patch. I get that "dee do do dee do do, DEE DO DO DEE DO DO" music constantly, but only after the patch. I didn't realize this is what was happening, though.
[/quote]

Ok then. So it's not a 'my game' problem. Either way, it's fucking annoying.
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 September 12, 13:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone else have to re-install the cc through the launcher all the time or just me ?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 September 12, 15:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone else have to re-install the cc through the launcher all the time or just me ?

I had some previously-installed things pop up as "ready to install" on the launcher, but when I went to reinstall them, I got the "Already Installed" on each and every one, and they're all still in my game.  I took Tingeling's advice and moved all my already-installed Sims3Packs into a subfolder inside the Downloads folder.  Now I don't have to worry about false uninstalls, AND my launcher loads almost immediately.

shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 September 12, 20:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this latest patch and the addition of FL, I've had to split my mods folder. All CC (clothes, decor, etc) are in the C:/programs/ea/sims3/mods/packages and all the mods have to be in the my documents/ea/sims3/mods/packages. For some reason the mods will not work in the programs folder anymore.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 September 13, 18:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible bug. My sim has sculpted some "missing objects". They appear as white or glowing red cubes. I don't have FLS installed.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2010 September 13, 18:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I''ll bet you 50 dollars you downloaded a popular sculpting mod without reading the instructions.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 September 14, 03:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh silly shouty vole.

This is a known bug. Heck, I've had it. It happens when you don't have the free upgrade for Ambitions that was offered at the store/through the Launcher/whatever. See the Store thread in Pudding Factory to get it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 September 14, 13:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known bug. Heck, I've had it. It happens when you don't have the free upgrade for Ambitions that was offered at the store/through the Launcher/whatever. See the Store thread in Pudding Factory to get it.

I don't care for this upgrade. But seriously, they screwed up like that? I've had sculptors before that patch and this never popped up. I assumed it must've been EA punishing me for not getting the latest stuff pack.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 September 15, 04:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care for this upgrade. But seriously, they screwed up like that? I've had sculptors before that patch and this never popped up. I assumed it must've been EA punishing me for not getting the latest stuff pack.

The missing objects didn't come with the latest stuff pack, they were with Ambitions.  If you legally bought and registered Ambitions, you could download it from the store, it was a bonus pack which included additional sculptures, inventions, etc, it has absolutely nothing to do with FL.  Otherwise it is available from here, and works without having to register the game, just go looking for it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
macinnfo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 September 22, 04:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone upload the files TS3.exe and TSLHost.exe, the ones installed by the 5.0 update ? I replaced them with [k]'ed versions but it was late and I forget to make copies of them, and since I'm not in my country right now, I don't have my original DVD to reinstall the game.
I'm stuck with a non working game until someone can upload them.
Thanks.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 September 22, 13:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone upload the files TS3.exe and TSLHost.exe, the ones installed by the 5.0 update ? I replaced them with [k]'ed versions but it was late and I forget to make copies of them, and since I'm not in my country right now, I don't have my original DVD to reinstall the game.
I'm stuck with a non working game until someone can upload them.
Thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: