More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:50:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3  (Read 38357 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: New Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« Reply #25 on: 2010 September 07, 19:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like this patch changed the lighting again.

It now render all the floor's shadows to be cast at every floor. Before it rendered only the current floor from below.

Do the shadows in general look any different? Updated shadows might mean they fixed that stupid issue with some cards where the shadows have more giant pixels than an atari game.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 September 07, 22:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are going to have a lot of people going "WTF!?!1 It says invalid file!" throughout this thread unless you change that or just add a little note that it is not for the people who have installed the patches that have come before. For a few moments I couldn't figure out why the fuck I would have an invalid file, I'm really careful about that crap.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 07, 23:22:55 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 September 08, 05:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My invalid file was just the Large Address Aware fix. Something for 64bit users to check.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 September 08, 06:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole patching thing is  really starting to get ridiculous. 1 patch = approx. 35 MB. Times 4 (for EP`s, SP and base game) - approx 140 MB. I wonder what will happen when they cough out more EPs...easily 1 GB of your internet bandwidth spent on patches alone. God dammit, EA. God dammit!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010 September 08, 06:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no! 1GB of bandwidth over the course of 5 years? The fees will just pile up and pile up! Sad

Even if you mean "Eventually it'll be 1GB per patch", that's STILL not even CLOSE to being an issue, and there are games with much worse.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 September 08, 06:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It IS an issue if you`re on a limited bandwidth like me. But since that is of no significance to you or anybody else for that matter, I`m just going to say -

[/rant]
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 September 08, 06:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue How limited? 2GB??? 3? I'm getting 50GB a month so size ain't a problem.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 September 08, 07:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10. Yipee. Right?

And thanks to that patch downloader, it would seem I`m made of FAIL - it d/l and installed latest patches, and now I`m getting an error message each time I start the game, even though I do have an option to continue the game, and it seems to work. Why did it download and install a wrong version of a patch, if it`s able to detect the region number? All though, it would seem the right version was downloaded after all (by looking at previous patches I applied). Usual method applied (removed all mods and CC, cleared cache files, the whole thing).

Meh, whatever. I`ll do a reinstall later. I just don`t give a fuck right now.

And again -

[/rant]
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 September 08, 09:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fucked something up, because I can't get free Store content to work anymore.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 September 08, 10:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10. Yipee. Right?
What, you pay for that? Go back to dialup, dialup is at least 16 GB/mo. 10 GB/mo is like old 33.6k. No point in even calling that broadband, may as well just go back to dialup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 September 08, 14:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, really?  And people with Comcast cable internet were bitching about a 250GB a month limit.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 September 08, 15:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me explaining to you why it is the way it is would be...ugh, too long. Short version -

- I don`t have a fixed phone line (using a cell phone for all my...affairs?)
- I live in a former commie country where you pay MORE and get LESS
- They can haz my interwebz

And in other news - Jonha`s slider hack is no longer supported by this patch version and will need an update (that`s why I was getting an "unsupported content" message), and it would seem I d/l a wrong version of beta AM, b/c my game is spitting it out too. Yes, I`m made of that much fail. And not a fuck was given that day.

Oh yea, and - vehicle enthusiast? Like, WTF?! XD Naming your car would be just as lame as guys naming their penises. And I for one know Mr. Pinky agrees.  Grin
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 September 09, 02:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, really?  And people with Comcast cable internet were bitching about a 250GB a month limit.

Seriously? What do they do? Download 24/7?
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2010 September 09, 03:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched my game manually. I don't know why but the HELS patch refused to install. The other 3 worked fine. I just put all my back ups back into my game (Downloads, Mods/Packages...etc.) and added the test AM. Everything is fine. I read on the official forums that the game doesn't check for in-between patches, only the earliest and latest installs.

Has anyone else experienced this? I still have Fast Lane to install; I just wanted to see if I could get into the game without it throwing errors for a missing patch. As for HELS, I've already tried replacing the original EXE and TSLHost.dll, also trading the entire Game/Bin folder from my original torrent (renaming files where needed). It didn't work for me.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 September 09, 03:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep, I had the same problem. I uninstalled Ambitions, reinstalled HELS then patched it, reinstalled Amibitons and patched that, then installed Fast Lane.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 September 09, 05:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched my game manually. I don't know why but the HELS patch refused to install. The other 3 worked fine. I just put all my back ups back into my game (Downloads, Mods/Packages...etc.) and added the test AM. Everything is fine. I read on the official forums that the game doesn't check for in-between patches, only the earliest and latest installs.

Has anyone else experienced this? I still have Fast Lane to install; I just wanted to see if I could get into the game without it throwing errors for a missing patch. As for HELS, I've already tried replacing the original EXE and TSLHost.dll, also trading the entire Game/Bin folder from my original torrent (renaming files where needed). It didn't work for me.

Check your rtpatch.log found in your temp folder in one of the randomly numbered subfolders inside. When the patch has an issue, it throws up this file. You can check it to see which file is the issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 September 09, 21:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can download 250GBs in 34 hours total.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 September 09, 21:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think the chief complaint was that Comcast wasn't upfront about the monthly limit, and people were getting their internet cut off without warning when they passed the threshold.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 September 09, 22:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a pointless patch.  All we get is some stupid stuff about cars and ONE minor bug fix when there are so many others needing fixing.  This is all we get for having the lighting system totally borked.  Doesn't EA ever get anything right?  (Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one.  Wink)
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 September 09, 22:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the game update on its own when you install the newest game, anyway? Like it did with all the previous EPs/SPs? Why do you patch before installing Fast Lane?

Last time I updated I had to remove CAW first, wonder if this might be the issue you're having here.
I just hate updating this game, it usually means "reinstall the whole damn thing every f*cking time"...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 September 10, 04:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the game update on its own when you install the newest game, anyway? Like it did with all the previous EPs/SPs? Why do you patch before installing Fast Lane?
Only if you are letting it connect with the 'net, which many of us don't for various reasons.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 September 10, 04:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because sometimes letting it do it's thing fucks shit up. Myself and many others had an odd conflict message after the install of AMB that would not allow the running of the game. Turns out AMB didn't patch every pack and SP.

rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 September 10, 05:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed the patch my HELS exe got removed from the install folder - nothing else got removed so I had to copy the exe from the game disc and put it back into the install folder.  I used the patch downloader from MTS to repatch HELS and again the exe dissapeared from the folder. In the end I got a fully patched exe for HELS from a NO-CD site and finally my HELS exe is staying put and says it is fully patched.
Rizin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 September 10, 10:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it seems that the new patch screwed up caw aswell. Does anyone have the dl link to the newest world tool?
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 September 10, 10:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because sometimes letting it do it's thing fucks shit up. Myself and many others had an odd conflict message after the install of AMB that would not allow the running of the game. Turns out AMB didn't patch every pack and SP.
Damn it, never had problems with it myself. That's the only patch method that didn't ever force me to reinstall the whole game. I don't know where the fault was, but trying to update manual to 4.2 I had to download one update file like 17 times, each time having borked file that wouldn't work (and yes, I downloaded the right region), before I gave up and updated through the launcher:(

it seems that the new patch screwed up caw aswell. Does anyone have the dl link to the newest world tool?
I believe it's still the same link it was before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: