More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:25:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3  (Read 30747 times)
ethereal
Asinine Airhead

I like cake.

View Profile
Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« on: 2010 September 07, 06:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This game update includes:

New Features

·         Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles.  Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.

·         The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available.  Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.

Base Game Updates

·         Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.

·         Nameable items can only be named when they belong to the active household.

World Adventures Updates

·         Career titles for Sims visiting Egypt, France and China will now display in the Relationship Panel tooltips.

The Sims 3 Create a World

·         Create a World users need to install a new version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool.  Users can find the Create a World page from the "Games" drop down in the site header.
end of cut n paste

I wonder what this update will break.  Roll Eyes
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 07, 08:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

·         Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles.  Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.

·         The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available.  Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.

I'm torn on this.  It's 50/50 sad & lame vs kind of cute.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 07, 10:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a name for my vehicle. I call it 'car'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 07, 13:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too.  Or "STUPID PIECE OF SHIT" when it breaks down.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 07, 14:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm calling my car WHOTHEFUCKCAMEUPWITHTHISPATHETICANDSADTHING.
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 07, 16:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kidding. I've been a car enthusiast my whole life, to the point of being involved in various basic grassroots-level racing, but I've never understood the desire to give a vehicle a name.

For such a seemingly minor patch, I wonder why a revision of CAW is required? Is there something else going on under the hood of this car-themed patch/SP? (bad pun, I know)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 07, 16:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kidding. I've been a car enthusiast my whole life, to the point of being involved in various basic grassroots-level racing, but I've never understood the desire to give a vehicle a name.
My cars had names: Vampmobile (after my HS nickname), Shitmobile (piece of shit car that broke down on me constantly), and Sexmobile (for "Sexy Beast", a crappy movie that I loved the title of). However, I've never formed a friendship with a car. That's beyond lame.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 07, 17:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister isn't into cars at all, but every car she's had has had a name. With the exception of the last car that was always breaking down, and that she was sure had a personal vendetta against her. I think she just named her new car (a Hyundai Accent) 'Stardust'. I remember her really, really old Honda Accord (1980 I think) was named Tortuga.. and that suited it. But she's seriously not a car person. She prefers mass transit when possible.

But the way the call it a 'relationship' totally makes me think of the 'My Car is My Lover' docu on youtube. Naming an object and liking or not liking it is different from considering it to be a 'friend'. Naming is cool, but I'd like to see the car in the relationship panel stomped.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Aimlak
Blathering Buffoon

Touched by His Noodly Appendage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 07, 17:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My car has a name. And while I absolutely love it and am careful about where I park it and spend a decent amount of time making sure its cleaned and has nice accessories, that's more due to the fact that its a pretty good car for my income, and that it cost me about 80% of my savings. I would never consider it a friend, it's a decently reliable way to get from A to B. I still take transit most of the time to avoid the hassles of driving, so the car just sits in the parking lot for weeks on end. The whole driving lots = friend with car = naming it thing is just more EAxian logic.

Quote from: Assmitten
Oh COME NOW Mr. Serious, we both know there's people who like to be digitally watched while they digitally fellate someone in a platypus suit.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 07, 17:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not all too farfetched. You're forgetting that not only is it the sims (so it's exaggerated), but it's also specifically supposed to be super hardcore car enthusiasts. You might not name your car or have a personal connection to it, but people who are really, really into cars usually do.

I think it's a cute humorous extreme, the kind of thing The Sims is adored for.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 September 07, 18:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This actually creeps me out. The picture of a dood banging his cars exhaust keeps popping up in my brain. And yes, people do name their cars i real life, but as some have pointed out, The Sims is not real life. What is the pourpose for naming the car in the game? Could the sim take it out for a night on the town, maybe have some dinner and catch a movie? I am seriously perplexed about this. To me, it is even less interesting than doing laundry.

- INTJ -
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 September 07, 18:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously thought this patch was an April Fools joke... but it's September now.

More Awesome Sig
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 September 07, 18:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not all too farfetched. You're forgetting that not only is it the sims (so it's exaggerated), but it's also specifically supposed to be super hardcore car enthusiasts. You might not name your car or have a personal connection to it, but people who are really, really into cars usually do.

I think it's a cute humorous extreme, the kind of thing The Sims is adored for.

Oh wait, Claeric thinks that EA did the right thing (without providing a coherent argument beyond "there are surely some people somewhere who does this, EA RULEZ), despite numerous arguments to the contrary? Impossible. I am shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

EW, DNW on the relationship with yo ride deal. A name I can understand - some people also name their powertools. But an actual relationship? WTF is up with that, and HOW is that adding anything (that isn't lame and pathetic as fuck) to gameplay, or anything to anything, really?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 07, 19:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Features

EW. CREEPY. DNW.

My previous car was given a name by my brother. Hoover. That dam car sucked so much it was deserving of the name. Otherwise, a car is a car - a way to get between point A and point B.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 07, 22:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are people hating this addition so much? Don't like it? Then don't name your sodding cars!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 07, 22:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess Menaceman is going to be high-fiving the Shouty Vole while they Eiffel Tower EA.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 September 07, 22:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are people hating this addition so much? Don't like it? Then don't name your sodding cars!

I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A REASON

Oh, wait. I already did. A: It creeps me out because of the wild imagery in my head, and B: I find it to be irrelevant to my interests. What is your reason?

- INTJ -
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 07, 22:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My truck has a name, named after a dead friend of mine, they share some similarities. My best friend has named nearly every car but the last one and I don't even trust her to really maintain a vehicles health. The one before this one was named Stella, due to the car phone. An older car doing it's groove thing. The one before was Hilde. Although this friend has also named the big skull patch on her purse. The relationship thing seems to be going too far though, I have named my truck, and have an attachment to it, but it's still a truck, we aren't buddies. Now if they added the ability to name your Sims computer tower I would be all over that. I'd be pretty fucking distraught if something happened to mine.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 07, 23:23:45 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
FlamingoKicker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 07, 23:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a truly STUPID "upgrade" (if you want to call it that) but if you decide to ignore it will you constantly get the message asking if you want to install it anyway?

And what about later when an important update comes along?

It won't fuck up any neighborhoods we already have with Awesomemod if we go ahead and just install it?

I remember in Sims 2 people made car bodies much better than the ones in this pack coming up and gave them away from free.  I mean that's all it is. New shells to go over the existing cars...except EA expects people to pay for them.  Big Whoop
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 07, 23:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead and install it. There's already a test awesomemod that works perfectly. I installed mine, and haven't had any issues.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 08, 00:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is there no mention of this upgrade at the Sims 3 site?  Huh

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 08, 00:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is there no mention of this upgrade at the Sims 3 site?  Huh

O_o there is.
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1123578978

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 September 08, 00:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is there no mention of this upgrade at the Sims 3 site?  Huh

O_o there is.

Using your link, I get "OOPs - page not found"

I searched yesterday and today (8 hours ago) on the EA sites (US and UK). Not a mention of a new patch.

I am in UK, maybe it is only currently available to US. Just guessing.

EDIT. That is the case. I changed my language from "English - UK" to "English US"  and your link worked.
Guess you US guys and gals are the beta testers. Have fun.

If I remember correctly, US is region 1 and UK+ is region 2. Although that became a bit obscure with the release of Ambitions.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 08, 01:03:36 by Simulate » Logged

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 September 08, 01:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is there no mention of this upgrade at the Sims 3 site?  Huh

O_o there is.

Using your link, I get "OOPs - page not found"

I searched yesterday and today (8 hours ago) on the EA sites (US and UK). Not a mention of a new patch.

I am in UK, maybe it is only currently available to US. Just guessing.

EDIT. That is the case. I changed my language from "English - UK" to "English US"  and your link worked.
Guess you US guys and gals are the beta testers. Have fun.

If I remember correctly, US is region 1 and UK+ is region 2. Although that became a bit obscure with the release of Ambitions.

The UK should get it tomorrow. I suppose they figured you guys didn't need it because the SP doesn't come out until then for you. Region 1 is listed as English. Region 2 is World wide. I don't think there really is a difference other then the language install options. My base and WA are region 2.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 September 08, 05:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forgot that this also fucks up lighting and shadows a bit AGAIN.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: