More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:27:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3  (Read 30886 times)
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« Reply #25 on: 2010 September 08, 06:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if this patch actually fixes the preferred vehicle function.  Though I'm thinking it probably doesn't.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 September 08, 19:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand there is a test version of AM for this patch but I can't for the life of me find the link to download it. I am a Mac user and thus cannot use the Awesomemod Updater.

=== So that I don't make another post... Thank you, Morlock! ===
« Last Edit: 2010 September 08, 19:45:24 by zorro » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 September 08, 19:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/

In the 'test' directory.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 September 08, 20:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since they're doing something for cars, does anyone know if they fixed the fucking lighting on garage doors yet? It drives me absolutely insane.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010 September 08, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As they didn't even add any new garage doors... I doubt it.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
pabasa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 September 10, 10:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't updated my game to 4.3 (paranoia of EA bugs upon patching), thus I'm still using the released, non-beta AM. However upon loading it said that it will expire tomorrow. Redownloaded AM and it's still the same version.

Do I have to patch the game and use the test version of AM to avoid getting borked tomorrow?
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 September 10, 12:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I have to patch the game and use the test version of AM to avoid getting borked tomorrow?
You'll know tomorrow. Don't freak out. Worst case you'll wait for a day or two for official release of AM for the new patch. You can live without the game for two days, can't you?
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 September 10, 15:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could set your computer's clock back a few days, since that's what the AM expiration coding looks at.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 September 11, 02:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't updated my game to 4.3 (paranoia of EA bugs upon patching), thus I'm still using the released, non-beta AM. However upon loading it said that it will expire tomorrow. Redownloaded AM and it's still the same version.

If you're reading these forums, then you should be able to get rid of your paranoia.  If a patch is particularly buggy, you'll see plenty of posts here from the regulars who update early, and usually get into testing AM, complaining about the myriad of problem that AM needs to fix.  As there are virtually no complaints about major bugs/issues, it stands to reason that it is safe to patch, but look around and find the links to download and patch manually, as with AMB the launcher wouldn't always patch every game properly, and I wouldn't trust EAxis to properly fix it.

The other option, as AM has now been moved from testing to release, you could download and try it.  If it really does need the new patch, you'll get the "core mismatch error" when staring the game.  I believe your paranoia about patching in this instance is misplaced.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
pabasa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 September 11, 04:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're reading these forums, then you should be able to get rid of your paranoia.  If a patch is particularly buggy, you'll see plenty of posts here from the regulars who update early, and usually get into testing AM, complaining about the myriad of problem that AM needs to fix.  As there are virtually no complaints about major bugs/issues, it stands to reason that it is safe to patch, but look around and find the links to download and patch manually, as with AMB the launcher wouldn't always patch every game properly, and I wouldn't trust EAxis to properly fix it.

The other option, as AM has now been moved from testing to release, you could download and try it.  If it really does need the new patch, you'll get the "core mismatch error" when staring the game.  I believe your paranoia about patching in this instance is misplaced.

Spent some time yesterday looking through various forums to check for any problems with the patch; didn't find any. So I updated it today and, as you mentioned, new AM is out, so my fears have been resolved.

Thanks for the suggestions peeps. And yes, considering I'm on holiday, I had plans to play Sims all weekend. Couldn't think of anything else to do apart from, *shudder* going out into the sun.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 September 12, 02:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so the latest AM is compatible with 4.3? Cause I dl'ed AM today and now I have a critical core mismatch. I figure that means I have to dl 4.3. May I humbly suggest that the numbers be updated on the AM download page?

INTP.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 September 12, 03:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was updated, almost 19 hours before your post.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 September 12, 03:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the post again Zazazu, particularly this bit.

May I humbly suggest that the numbers be updated on the AM download page?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 September 13, 04:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the post again Zazazu, particularly this bit.

May I humbly suggest that the numbers be updated on the AM download page?

But if you look at the last update to the download thread, made 2 days ago, it says "NEW OFFICIAL RELEASE - UPDATED TO NEW PATCH".  While the patch/version numbers hadn't been updated in the first post, the thread was and clearly states it is for the new patch.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 September 16, 14:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This actually creeps me out. The picture of a dood banging his cars exhaust keeps popping up in my brain.
Well...
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 01:59:41 by Roobs » Logged
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 September 16, 16:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O Hai. Right, so I've just installed Fast Lane Stuff and I'm at Version 5.0.44.008001. What does that equate to for the other Exp packs? Am I at 4.3 or is this the NEXT update? I'm guessing it's the next update, as AM is making me crash to desktop at the moment.

Edit: Although it may not be AM as I've just realised I'm a giant e-peen who's forgotten to move the d3.dll and whatnot.

Edit 2:It WAS AM causing the conflict, so I guess it's the next update. d3 and and resource.cfg are all setup and game is running fine.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 17, 21:13:22 by veezee » Logged
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 September 19, 21:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I've looked in the test directory and searched both the "AwesomeMod!" forum section and Google itself for any sign of an alternate mirror...and I can't find the 1.15 AM Test version. I have the same problem as veezee has reported, but since no one commented on his response in the last 3-days, I thought I'd add that I'm getting it too. The mirror that I'm accustomed to pulling from is http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/...but there isn't anything in that directory. I assume that this is because Pescado hasn't uploaded it, but just in case I'm doin it wrong, I thought I'd mention this fact as well.

Now, common sense says the others are not having issues since the forum isn't overflowing with "It's borked!" threads. This either means no one has upgraded to 1.15 (and hence, probably haven't installed Fast Lane), or have an alternate way of obtaining the 1.15 AM Test version. I've tried the latest release of AM, but it CtD's within a few minutes of play-time if I exit my home's basement (if I stay in the basement view, there is no crash).

Any help? Sad
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 September 20, 01:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I've looked in the test directory and searched both the "AwesomeMod!" forum section and Google itself for any sign of an alternate mirror...and I can't find the 1.15 AM Test version. I have the same problem as veezee has reported, but since no one commented on his response in the last 3-days, I thought I'd add that I'm getting it too. The mirror that I'm accustomed to pulling from is http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/...but there isn't anything in that directory. I assume that this is because Pescado hasn't uploaded it, but just in case I'm doin it wrong, I thought I'd mention this fact as well.

Now, common sense says the others are not having issues since the forum isn't overflowing with "It's borked!" threads. This either means no one has upgraded to 1.15 (and hence, probably haven't installed Fast Lane), or have an alternate way of obtaining the 1.15 AM Test version. I've tried the latest release of AM, but it CtD's within a few minutes of play-time if I exit my home's basement (if I stay in the basement view, there is no crash).

Any help? Sad

For fuck sake.  The 1.15 test version no longer exists as it was moved to general release.  The main AM download page has a version of AM which is now compatible with 1.15.  How fucking hard it that to work out?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: