More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:15:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Whats the difference between awesomemod and ea story progression?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Whats the difference between awesomemod and ea story progression?  (Read 34064 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Whats the difference between awesomemod and ea story progression?
« Reply #25 on: 2010 October 27, 16:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after spending way too much time complaining about how unhelpful people are here, you couldn't even help the guy yourself with the answer you found. 

Of course not. I had to dig through all that shit to find what answers I got; He has to do the same.

Then why are you bitching about the answer not being readily available?  You can't have it both ways.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
cryystal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 October 31, 20:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ones who don't know the difference could try running each one and comparing them, oh sorry that would take brains tho!

I love reading the posts on here and so true if you don't know the answer search for it and invariable it can be found-personally I'm really glad you guys have skills I don't and actually make playing Sims a more enjoyable and interesting experience.

Right that's me back in the shadows !
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 October 31, 20:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a non-sequitur thought: is there any way of telling the difference between stupid n00bs and amateur-hour trolls pretending to be stupid n00bs for easy laughs?  (I suspect the answer is no.)

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
But other than that, it's a great game.
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 October 31, 21:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flame me all you want, I will not be back to read it.  I just want to say it would be nice if there was a place we could ask reasonable questions and get reasonable answers.  Are you all so ignorant that you really think frequenting an internet forum makes you a superior being?

No, it's being a superior being that makes me a superior being.  Frequenting an internet forum where I can flame noobs is just gravy.

Mmm gravy.  Almost as tasty as bbq noob.
Sibylla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 November 04, 11:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope you'll be back to read this anyway. I don't have an answer to your question but I can still help you to find out what the difference is.

First, play a few weeks or months with awesomemod. Note: first with awesomemod. Then remove it and play. You'll notice the difference in a few hours if you pay any attention to anything. Actually, it works so well you might not even see the difference but somehow the gaming experience has turned a little less frustrating.

If you have trouble understanding the manual, maybe you could ask someone to read it with you and explain? After all, supposedly it's a grown-up who develops the mod and writes the manual - and grown-ups tend to use fine words and expressions to show they are somewhat educated.

I think these people are only hostile for the fun of it (I'm sure they have only ran wild with anonymity and aren't quite this way IRL). Don't mind them 'cause you're here for the mods, not making friends.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 November 04, 18:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, play a few weeks or months with awesomemod. Note: first with awesomemod. Then remove it and play. You'll notice the difference in a few hours if you pay any attention to anything. Actually, it works so well you might not even see the difference but somehow the gaming experience has turned a little less frustrating.

I'm seriously hoping you're ESL. What you are saying is that Awesomemod story mode is frustrating to play and EA story mode is less so.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 November 20, 21:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm seriously hoping you're ESL. What you are saying is that Awesomemod story mode is frustrating to play and EA story mode is less so.

To me, it appears the example is intended to show just how fucked up story gets upon removing AM, thus offering a compelling reason to keep it installed (besides everything else also awesome about it, obviously).
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 November 20, 23:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cause i really dont know...and dont just say its awesome cause it probably is.

I dunno. Here's one for you; what's the difference between reading a manual and posting a really stupid question on a fairly hostile forum?

The only problem with that is that the Awesome Story progression isn't really in the manual. I looked. The only real mention of Awesome Story in the manual is:
STORY MODE FEATURES:
1.  Awesome Story Driver [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Enables the experimental AwesomeMod Story Driver, replacing the EA driver.

I had the same question a while ago and it took several searches to find the answer I was looking for, when really, it should have been as simple as reading the manual and reading how Awesome Story Progression is superior to EA Story Aggression. If there isn't going to be any sort of addendum to the manual regarding how Awesome Story works and why it is superior to the default, then perhaps a stickied thread or something somewhere so that people don't have to dig through piles of crap (namely, posts just like this one) to find the answer they're looking for would be a good idea. AwesomeMod FAQ maybe? I dunno, but it certainly is frustrating when you have a question about something, so you do searches and can't really find anything but the same question being asked by someone else and the asker getting flamed by everyone else.

Most funny are those, that stop reading after the first point of the RTFM, and complain not to be told what comes next.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: