More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Diploma Token vs. Diploma Inventory Object
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Diploma Token vs. Diploma Inventory Object  (Read 3310 times)
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Diploma Token vs. Diploma Inventory Object
« on: 2010 September 04, 18:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the memories of individual sims who have the graduation memory (or who are adults with the "went to college" memory but no graduation memory), some have a diploma inventory object and some have a diploma token. Some of these sims were "graduated" using the lot debugger (I think), and some were graduated in-game and then made into townies. Also, some appear to be Maxis townies that were never in the university but who have the "went to college" memory.

Does anyone know the functional difference between the two? I am fixing up the memories of some sims who were either created as adults by me, or are game-generated adults, and it is not clear whether I should give them the token or the object.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Diploma Token vs. Diploma Inventory Object
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 05, 00:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering that the batbox has a "regive diploma" option, I would expect that the actual inventory object is not really necessary (as apparently the batbox can cause them to be summoned out of the ether again, like lost business deeds).

As far as inventory items go, sims that get turned into townies seem to have their inventories majorly fucked with by the game (or possibly, they're just fucked with when the sim is married/moved in, but from a player's perspective, that doesn't make any difference).  I've never seen a playable premade or non-uni townie with a "went to college" memory with a diploma object in their inventory when they moved in, either.  The only ones with diplomas seem to be the ones that were Uni-fied with the batbox, sent to and graduated from college in the usual way, or were actually former dormies who were asked to move into a lot in the main hood.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Diploma Token vs. Diploma Inventory Object
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 05, 02:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the memories of individual sims who have the graduation memory (or who are adults with the "went to college" memory but no graduation memory), some have a diploma inventory object and some have a diploma token.
I believe the diploma token is a relic of the older, pre-NL inventory system, and that the game either ignores these or converts them retroactively into diploma inventory objects. Pay no attention to this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: