More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:23:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Age transition broken for vacation world residents
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Age transition broken for vacation world residents  (Read 3181 times)
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Age transition broken for vacation world residents
« on: 2010 August 28, 16:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have an odd problem. Vacation world residents are aging, but their age category transitions never trigger, so they always remain in the age category they started, and never die. Has anyone encountered a bug like this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Age transition broken for vacation world residents
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 29, 11:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are you monitoring this? Normally, vacationworld aging is supposed to resolve itself when you visit the vacationworld. Are you trying to "peek" using third-party tools to see stuff you shouldn't normally see?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 30, 13:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Twallan's Master Computer to check sim status, but I can see it regularly as well. My sim's Chinese wife's parents have been adults since the beginning of the game, while her brother (their son) became an elder and quickly died while visiting Sunset Valley once (so apparently the age transition does trigger but only in rare cases). In the meantime I've been visiting China for weeks (my first sim advanced from YA to VERY old elder in this time), and yet none of the Chinese residents aged up, they are still the same age they started at (I've specifically looked at the special merchant in China, who starts as an elder, and he is still alive and at the same age in my game).

I'm wondering if Twallan's story progression is somehow responsible as I have it enabled for vacation worlds, but Twallan claims aging works fine for him, so... Only other age-related mod I have is Rule of 6 from this site.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 30, 18:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just an XML that affects the soft-tunable durations, it doesn't change the process of whether they age at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 05, 12:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also use Twallan's Story Progression/Super Computer and Rule of 6.  I do not have any problems with aging in my game that I have noticed.  Could something else be affecting your game?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: