More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:14:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  I'm afraid I am awesomemodelly challenged
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm afraid I am awesomemodelly challenged  (Read 13107 times)
nicoledsk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I'm afraid I am awesomemodelly challenged
« on: 2010 August 21, 15:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I installed awesome mod on my mac using these directions:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15477.0.html

However, when I go into the game I can't figure out how to use it. The main thing I want to do is dress all Sims in medieval clothes, so I want to take them to CAS. So I click on them, but there is no option.

I tried control shift c and entering the commands on the list in the help file, but it doesn't recognize them.

I tried clicking on the dresser or mirror, nothing.

Did I install it wrong or am I missing something in the help file?

Thanks,
Nicole
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: I'm afraid I am awesomemodelly challenged
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 21, 17:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read that whole thread and have three possible solutions to your problem.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 21, 19:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no words.

More F than you
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 21, 23:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there were instructions for Awesomemod somewhere on the internet!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 22, 03:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nicoledsk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 22, 14:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for the instructions, and I followed the ones I found for installation. I reread the thread and it didn't help. I've spent several hours on the internet trying to find the solution. I'll keep looking. If you don't want to reply... don't.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 22, 16:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several hours?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 22, 16:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for the instructions, and I followed the ones I found for installation. I reread the thread and it didn't help. I've spent several hours on the internet trying to find the solution. I'll keep looking. If you don't want to reply... don't.

I do want to reply.  I don't want to help.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 23, 15:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do want to reply.  I don't want to help.

Ignore Jezzer - he gets bitter when surrounded by complete idiots. I want to reply and help, and I really think I've worked out the best way for you to sort out your problem.

Don't play with things you are clearly too stupid to play with. Like matches, chainsaws, and computers.

Hallie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 23, 16:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what you want to do is actually edit the sims which means you have to have the right options activated.

To do this you may want to read the readme file with the full details of the mod. This is found in the same place you got the original download.

Kind regards
Hallie, I just sell apples honest
nicoledsk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 29, 14:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Halle. I actually can't seem to install the software at all, (the "showconfig" command doesn't even work), in spite of trying the directions for Mac, and the automatic installer for Mac, so it seems I am not destined to use awesomemod. It's probably some setting on my computer, but I don't feel comfortable messing around with that so I will leave it be!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 29, 14:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi, Hallie. Stop spoonfeeding the stupid, unless you want me to make you personally responsible for answering every single stupid too-lazy-to-search-for-an-answer asshat that waltzes in here, trailing a stench of entitlement and idiocy. Seriously. Also, you need an FAQ refresher - signing your posts? Seriously? And with such inanity? I foresee little hope for you.

Go sell them apples somewhere else, methinks.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 29, 16:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, Mac users are not destined to use AM. Or, seeing as how tons of other Mac players use AM just fine, it's just the ones who can't read.

I concur with Seqkat. If you can't handle getting the mod installed in in the first place, you're probably just going to screw up your game anyway.

I sing along with elevator music.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 September 01, 04:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi, Hallie. Stop spoonfeeding the stupid, unless you want me to make you personally responsible for answering every single stupid too-lazy-to-search-for-an-answer asshat that waltzes in here, trailing a stench of entitlement and idiocy. Seriously. Also, you need an FAQ refresher - signing your posts? Seriously? And with such inanity? I foresee little hope for you.

I have an issue with the awesomemod, too, for which I've searched through many threads and many sites for many hours over several days, trying to find an answer to (thus explaining why I unfortunately ended up here) but there is no way that I'm coming to this forum to ask for help. Seldom have I read such insulting posts to someone who is just wanting a little direction. Not understanding a Mod (while the readme is clear about what the mod does, it doesn't seem to address the aweconf file and anyone who has asked about it doesn't get an answer) doesn't make someone an idiot. My IQ is likely as high (if not higher) than many of those that are being so rude and I have a high degree of knowledge in other subjects unrelated to this mod, so "idiot" isn't a moniker I am comfortable with. If someone came to me asking about something I knew well, I would be happy to help. I would NEVER insult, call names nor any other number of juvenile responses I see being spat out by those who REALLY feel a sense of entitlement. I think Freud called this type of response "projecting"!

Kudos to Hallie for attempting to help the OP.  :-)
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 01, 04:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good, some idiot no one has ever heard of has come striding into MATY telling us we are all TOO MEEN and must change our ways to suit them.  That's certainly new and unusual.

Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 September 01, 04:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would NEVER insult, call names nor any other number of juvenile responses I see being spat out by those who REALLY feel a sense of entitlement. I think Freud called this type of response "projecting"!

No, you would never call us names, but implying that we have mental health issues...well, that's fine and totally mature.

Incidentally, projecting means to attribute thoughts and feelings to another person that you yourself feel because you can't accept that you are the one feeling them. Please look up what your psychobabble means before you go on about your amazing IQ. I knew that, and I'm about as average as they come.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 September 01, 05:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what it meens (sic) - you are projecting your own feelings of idiocy and entitlement on to those of us requesting help.

You just make me laugh - like I said, there is obviously something going on that drives you to read threads that you know are requests for help when you have no intention of helping. You NEED to belittle others so you don't feel so small. If you don't want to answer questions, DON'T. MEANness isn't a requirement. Seriously, find something better to do with your time....all this does is prove your irrelevance.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 01, 05:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You NEED to belittle others so you don't feel so small. If you don't want to answer questions, DON'T. MEANness isn't a requirement. Seriously, find something better to do with your time....all this does is prove your irrelevance.

JFC. You seriously felt the need to post in multiple threads about how mean MATY is? Meanness is very much a requirement at MATY, it provides Pescado with the entertainment he needs to keep updating everything EAxis breaks.

I find it interesting that you accuse MATYians of being "driven by a need to belittle others" when you post in multiple places about the same fucking thing. Yes, we get it. You don't like MATY. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I sing along with elevator music.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 01, 06:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue with the awesomemod, too, for which I've searched through many threads and many sites for many hours over several days, trying to find an answer to (thus explaining why I unfortunately ended up here) but there is no way that I'm coming to this forum to ask for help. Seldom have I read such insulting posts to someone who is just wanting a little direction. Not understanding a Mod (while the readme is clear about what the mod does, it doesn't seem to address the aweconf file and anyone who has asked about it doesn't get an answer) doesn't make someone an idiot. My IQ is likely as high (if not higher) than many of those that are being so rude and I have a high degree of knowledge in other subjects unrelated to this mod, so "idiot" isn't a moniker I am comfortable with. If someone came to me asking about something I knew well, I would be happy to help. I would NEVER insult, call names nor any other number of juvenile responses I see being spat out by those who REALLY feel a sense of entitlement. I think Freud called this type of response "projecting"!

Kudos to Hallie for attempting to help the OP.  :-)

Idiot.

I know what it meens (sic) - you are projecting your own feelings of idiocy and entitlement on to those of us requesting help.

You just make me laugh - like I said, there is obviously something going on that drives you to read threads that you know are requests for help when you have no intention of helping. You NEED to belittle others so you don't feel so small. If you don't want to answer questions, DON'T. MEANness isn't a requirement. Seriously, find something better to do with your time....all this does is prove your irrelevance.

Idiot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: